Unable to start Windows after installing video drivers

Hi, I am having an issue passing my non-primary video card to a Windows VM.   I have a NVidia GT710 as my primary display in the top PCIe slot of my motherboard and an AMD RX 580 in the third slot.   After installing Windows 10, I install the AMD drivers.   After the setup Windows detects and sees the AMD card however Windows will not start after reboot if I have the AMD as the primary video card.  I am unable to ping the VM or RDP (after I initially enable it) into the VM.  When I have VNC enabled, I get a 'waiting on other display or user' error and will also not boot.

I tried reversing the video cards and get similar results.  I also tried adding the GPU BIOS but no luck.

If someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong, I would be greatly appreciative.   Thanks!

David

Edited by davidst95
10 hours ago, davidst95 said:

Hi, I am having an issue passing my non-primary video card to a Windows VM.   I have a NVidia GT710 as my primary display in the top PCIe slot of my motherboard and an AMD RX 580 in the third slot.   After installing Windows 10, I install the AMD drivers.   After the setup Windows detects and sees the AMD card however Windows will not start after reboot if I have the AMD as the primary video card.  I am unable to ping the VM or RDP (after I initially enable it) into the VM.  When I have VNC enabled, I get a 'waiting on other display or user' error and will also not boot.

Need clarification: so is the RX 580 primary (i.e. what UNRAID boots with) or not?

They are two vastly different situations.

• 1 year later...