Docker Fails to Start After Ram Upgrade

Dazza1

Looking at the syslog it appears your system is failing to mount the docker.img file because it is corrupt !   No obvious reason why though.

Your best way forward would be to stop the docker service; delete the current docker.img file; restart the docker service to get a new docker.img file created; and restore your docker apps via Apps >> Previous apps to get back up and running with settings intact.

8 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Looking at the syslog it appears your system is failing to mount the docker.img file because it is corrupt !   No obvious reason why though.

Your best way forward would be to stop the docker service; delete the current docker.img file; restart the docker service to get a new docker.img file created; and restore your docker apps via Apps >> Previous apps to get back up and running with settings intact.

So in the cache just delete the image, will it rebuilt it as is so it’s back to normal or will I have to do everything again?

1 minute ago, Dazza1 said:

So in the App store if  go to the app and re-download it, it will have an option for privies settings is that correct? Sorry for being an idiot

Not quite.    If you go to the Apps tab then there is a Previous Apps option available in the Menu on the left.    Selecting this will use the templates stored on your flash drive to restore your settings for each container and then download the binaries for each container into the docker.img file.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Not quite.    If you go to the Apps tab then there is a Previous Apps option available in the Menu on the left.    Selecting this will use the templates stored on your flash drive to restore your settings for each container and then download the binaries for each container into the docker.img file.

Brilliant I see that there now, now I’m going to be a idiot 😂  I need to start services in order to delete the docker image correct? How do I start it and not run any services although docker service isn’t running anyway, I just don’t want to cause anymore damage 😂 

2 minutes ago, Dazza1 said:

Brilliant I see that there now, now I’m going to be a idiot 😂  I need to start services in order to delete the docker image correct? How do I start it and not run any services although docker service isn’t running anyway, I just don’t want to cause anymore damage 😂 

You disable/enable the docker service via Settings >> Docker.   You need it disabled while you delete the docker.img file, and then re-enable it to restart the docker service and get the new docker.img file created.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, itimpi said:

You disable/enable the docker service via Settings >> Docker.   You need it disabled while you delete the docker.img file, and then re-enable it to restart the docker service and get the new docker.img file created.

Yep deleted in the settings! Thank you for your time and help it has been much appreciated thank you, all working well like before so thank you 😊 Can Admin mark as closed please

Edited by Dazza1
2 hours ago, John_M said:

Did you actually run the MemTest, as suggested?

Yes, never knew it was in unraid itself just normally blast to OS 😂 . All reported fine, looked at the bios as I was getting failed boots, looks like my brother overclocked the ram and putting in two more sticks made it unstable. So ram was indeed the cause. Thanks for everyone’s help