[Solved] Can't change files in shares

Odom

I noticed today that I can't make any file changes to my shares (read-write, create files, delete files, etc...). I had this once in the past and a reboot of my unRaid server solved it. This time I still have the issue after my reboot. I don't know how to troubleshoot this in unRaid. The top-right button that says Logs doesn't show me any issues.

I have multiple shares that the account I am using has RW permissions on. I have a Windows 10 PC and 3 of those shares I mapped to a drive (ex: \\192.168.0.110\Software O:). Any changes I try and make in this and other shares I get Access Denied messages from Windows.

I tried remapping the share in Windows with the user account and I still get the same error. If I go straight to the share (without having the drive mapped) I get the same message.

Using Krusader I can make  any change I want.

I have unRaid Version: 6.7.2 installed. Could someone point me in the right direction on how to start troubleshooting this? Maybe where I can find logs for authentication errors?

Many thanks!!

Quick update,

I noticed the parity check didn't run on the 1st November due to the Server being shut down during the scheduled time. In October it indicated 7 errors after the parity check completed, but everything was working fine until yesterday. I now started a parity check, but that will take about 17 hours.

• Odom changed the title to [Solved] Can't change files in shares

There are several call traces early on in the start-up sequence:

Nov  4 17:05:28 Genie kernel: Your BIOS is broken; DMA routed to ISOCH DMAR unit but no TLB space.
Nov  4 17:05:28 Genie kernel: BIOS vendor: American Megatrends Inc.; Ver: 0603   ; Product Version: System Version
Nov  4 17:05:28 Genie kernel: WARNING: CPU: 3 PID: 1 at drivers/iommu/intel-iommu.c:5491 intel_iommu_init+0xa8b/0x10d8
Nov  4 17:05:28 Genie kernel: Modules linked in:
Nov  4 17:05:28 Genie kernel: CPU: 3 PID: 1 Comm: swapper/0 Tainted: G          I       4.19.56-Unraid #1
Nov  4 17:05:28 Genie kernel: Hardware name: System manufacturer System Product Name/P6T, BIOS 0603    05/19/2009

You're running a 10 year old BIOS, which is broken. Is there anything newer available?

Thanks for finding that. In which log did you see this?

Yes, the mainboard is quite old. It is an Asus P6T with an Intel Core i7-950. According to the Asus website, the latest firmware available is from 09/11/2010, I can give that a go.

This is my first unRaid build and I didn't want to go all out with something brand new without having any experience with unRaid. Now that it is working quite well, I was planning to upgrade to one of the new AMDs and more cores and RAM.

Thanks again for finding that!!