[Support] binhex - MinecraftServer

On 12/9/2021 at 10:01 PM, UNOPARATOR said:

You could install geyser plugin with this to connect your bedrock edition clients to minecraftserver which would also enable cross-play between Java and Bedrock editions.

Are there any instructions on how to do this? I am looking to set up a cross platform server

Hello
I am French and I try to explain myself clearly.
I have installed a java version of binhex minecraft server on an unraid server and I would like to know if it is possible to do and how to do it (commands or explanations):
- change the server version (I have a son who would like a version 1.8.9 for pvp)
- run two minecraft servers (not at the same time but a 1.8.9 server and one with the latest version)
thank you in advance

On 12/14/2021 at 4:24 PM, binhex said:

Simpler way is to look at the tag name, go to OP click on docker hub link, go to tags tab, and yes latest is indeed the patched 1.18.1

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I'm not all that familiar with Docker management, but I'm learning.

Given the latest news on needing log4j 2.17, are we still good with Minecraft 1.18.1? I haven't seen any updates on the official Minecraft site - it still says go to 1.18.1.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, noob question here, I need directions to the right place for my researches! 

I have been searching for 2 days on how server mods work... Clearly, I am not using the right terminology for my search!
I would like to know if it is possible to implement mods in the binhex Minecraft server on Unraid...

I was able to load mods on my son's local install (based on the fabric stuff...) but I can't find how to load them on our family Unraid server..

By the way, the vanilla docker image is working like magic... 1 click deploy stuff! and it boots fast!

Mods I am interested in:
Performance boost, like Sodium

Ressource packs

Shaders (can that run on the server?)

Alternate game modes for my kids and their friends to play

I am basically experimenting with the kids and teaching them server stuff while learning myself! :)

It also creates a safe "bubble" for the kids to play in without weirdos interacting with them!

50 minutes ago, NMGMarques said:

What am I missing? I am trying to connect to the server using 1.18.1. 

[17:24:46] [Server thread/INFO]: /10.253.0.5:60477 lost connection: Failed to verify username!

Your server cannot connect to mojang to authentify the user if I am not mistaken... There is an option in the docker version of most Minecraft docker images I have seen to disable "Online mode"...
Or you can ensure your server has access to the Internet to query for the username

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, Normand_Nadon said:

Your server cannot connect to mojang to authentify the user if I am not mistaken... There is an option in the docker version of most Minecraft docker images I have seen to disable "Online mode"...
Or you can ensure your server has access to the Internet to query for the username

I know I can play the game in offline mode, though I can't find any reference in this thread as to how to put the server in offline mode.

On 1/2/2022 at 10:06 AM, NMGMarques said:

I know I can play the game in offline mode, though I can't find any reference in this thread as to how to put the server in offline mode.

The server verifies logged users against the Minecraft main servers to make sure they are licenced... If for some reason, your server can't reach Mojang servers, the user will be refused... To mitigate that, you can change a line in your "server.properties" file, in appdata to false

online-mode=true

I am new to this (been running my server for less than 2 weeks), but this source helped me a lot with setting up the server:
https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Server.properties

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

My backup script seems to be struggling - server has been online for 48 hours now and hasnt made a backup.

This is what I get in the logs, any ideas?

2022-01-20 21:12:26,358 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[info] Waiting for Minecraft console message 'Automatic saving is now disabled|Saving is already turned off', 5 retries left...

2022-01-20 21:12:36,369 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[info] Waiting for Minecraft console message 'Automatic saving is now disabled|Saving is already turned off', 4 retries left...

2022-01-20 21:12:46,379 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[info] Waiting for Minecraft console message 'Automatic saving is now disabled|Saving is already turned off', 3 retries left...

2022-01-20 21:12:56,388 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[info] Waiting for Minecraft console message 'Automatic saving is now disabled|Saving is already turned off', 2 retries left...

2022-01-20 21:13:06,395 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[info] Waiting for Minecraft console message 'Automatic saving is now disabled|Saving is already turned off', 1 retries left...

2022-01-20 21:13:16,401 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[warn] Minecraft console did not confirm message 'Automatic saving is now disabled|Saving is already turned off', giving up waiting...

2022-01-20 21:13:16,408 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[info] Waiting for Minecraft console message 'Saved the game', 5 retries left...

2022-01-20 21:13:26,419 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[info] Waiting for Minecraft console message 'Saved the game', 4 retries left...

2022-01-20 21:13:36,430 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[info] Waiting for Minecraft console message 'Saved the game', 3 retries left...

2022-01-20 21:13:46,441 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[info] Waiting for Minecraft console message 'Saved the game', 2 retries left...

2022-01-20 21:13:56,448 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[info] Waiting for Minecraft console message 'Saved the game', 1 retries left...

2022-01-20 21:14:06,459 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[warn] Minecraft console did not confirm message 'Saved the game', giving up waiting...

2022-01-20 21:14:06,459 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[info] Setting Minecraft back to 'save-on'...

2022-01-20 21:14:06,465 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[info] Waiting for Minecraft console message 'Automatic saving is now enabled|Saving is already turned on', 5 retries left...

2022-01-20 21:14:16,479 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[info] Waiting for Minecraft console message 'Automatic saving is now enabled|Saving is already turned on', 4 retries left...

2022-01-20 21:14:26,489 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[info] Waiting for Minecraft console message 'Automatic saving is now enabled|Saving is already turned on', 3 retries left...

2022-01-20 21:14:36,498 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[info] Waiting for Minecraft console message 'Automatic saving is now enabled|Saving is already turned on', 2 retries left...

2022-01-20 21:14:46,508 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[info] Waiting for Minecraft console message 'Automatic saving is now enabled|Saving is already turned on', 1 retries left...

2022-01-20 21:14:56,520 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[warn] Minecraft console did not confirm message 'Automatic saving is now enabled|Saving is already turned on', giving up waiting...
[info] Minecraft worlds backup complete

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2022 at 9:10 AM, Normand_Nadon said:

Hello, noob question here, I need directions to the right place for my researches! 

I have been searching for 2 days on how server mods work... Clearly, I am not using the right terminology for my search!
I would like to know if it is possible to implement mods in the binhex Minecraft server on Unraid...

I was able to load mods on my son's local install (based on the fabric stuff...) but I can't find how to load them on our family Unraid server..

By the way, the vanilla docker image is working like magic... 1 click deploy stuff! and it boots fast!

Mods I am interested in:
Performance boost, like Sodium

Ressource packs

Shaders (can that run on the server?)

Alternate game modes for my kids and their friends to play

I am basically experimenting with the kids and teaching them server stuff while learning myself! :)

It also creates a safe "bubble" for the kids to play in without weirdos interacting with them!

@Normand_Nadon Looking to do the same thing for the same reasons. Were you able to get the mods working? 

edit: after reading a bit, it looks like all I really want to do is edit server.properties to enable mods, which I did, then I can run scripts directly from the command line. I'm assuming we can all add behavior packs directly to the folders inside the minecraft folder. 

Edited by adambeck7
  • 3 weeks later...

Which ports needs to be opened? TCP:25565 or UDP:25565? Any others?

Also, I was previously able to use the Minecraft Server Console as instructed via the Minecraft Server Docker FAQ

I used this command via putty:

docker exec -u nobody -it binhex-minecraftserver /usr/bin/minecraftd console

But now I get:

OCI runtime exec failed: exec failed: container_linux.go:367: starting container process caused: exec: "/usr/bin/minecraftd": stat /usr/bin/minecraftd: no such file or directory: unknown

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

So I already have a Minecraft Bedrock server up and running.  I would like to host a Java server as well.  However, as is I apparently cannot run them both at the same time.  Is this possible to do?
Sure just make sure the host side ports do not clash so the port number must be unique

6 hours ago, binhex said:

Sure just make sure the host side ports do not clash so the port number must be unique

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the issue.

Server Ports:

1319964050_Serverports.jpg.7c7dd35d383bd6e9797857c1bdc88984.jpg

This is the error I get when I try and start the Java server while the Bedrock server is running ( and visa versa as well )

error.jpg.b701b191eb25e9bc7d02d41653bb7dff.jpg