[Support] binhex - MinecraftServer

Sorry for the noob question.

Current server version is 1.19.10-beta20. My son's PC client version is 1.19.0. When he tries to log in, he gets the error "Could not connect: outdated client!".

How do I specify a server version that matches his client version? How do you keep these in sync?

I saw this tags page so I tried to input 1.19-01 as part of the repo. So I entered "binhex/arch-minecraftbedrockserver:1.19-01" as the repository, but then the docker fails. I get this error in the Update Container page: "docker: Error response from daemon: manifest for binhex/arch-minecraftbedrockserver:1.19-01 not found: manifest unknown: manifest unknown."

Is my syntax wrong? Is this not the right way to specify a specific version?

I searched (a bunch) for the answers but just couldn't find what I needed. Thanks!

Edited by caseyparsons
47 minutes ago, caseyparsons said:

Sorry for the noob question.

Current server version is 1.19.10-beta20. My son's PC client version is 1.19.0. When he tries to log in, he gets the error "Could not connect: outdated client!".

How do I specify a server version that matches his client version? How do you keep these in sync?

I saw this tags page so I tried to input 1.19-01 as part of the repo. So I entered "binhex/arch-minecraftbedrockserver:1.19-01" as the repository, but then the docker fails. I get this error in the Update Container page: "docker: Error response from daemon: manifest for binhex/arch-minecraftbedrockserver:1.19-01 not found: manifest unknown: manifest unknown."

Is my syntax wrong? Is this not the right way to specify a specific version?

I searched (a bunch) for the answers but just couldn't find what I needed. Thanks!

This thread is for a different Docker. I think you’re looking for this one:

3 hours ago, dkerlee said:

This thread is for a different Docker. I think you’re looking for this one:

I'd like an answer for this question as it relates to the java version if there's a viable answer for it.  I don't necessarily want to upgrade minecraft versions as they are released (right now I'm running 1.18.2 and didn't want to go to 1.19 right away; however, looks like the docker decided to upgrade to 1.19 on its own anyway).

Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, kcgodwins said:

I'd like an answer for this question as it relates to the java version if there's a viable answer for it.  I don't necessarily want to upgrade minecraft versions as they are released (right now I'm running 1.18.2 and didn't want to go to 1.19 right away; however, looks like the docker decided to upgrade to 1.19 on its own anyway).

Thanks in advance.

see Q5:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/unraid.md

p.s. the only reason this didnt work for @caseyparsons is because he was looking at minecraft java tagged docker images for minecraft bedrock, if he had used the right tags it would of worked.

On 6/14/2022 at 3:57 AM, binhex said:

see Q5:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/unraid.md

p.s. the only reason this didnt work for @caseyparsons is because he was looking at minecraft java tagged docker images for minecraft bedrock, if he had used the right tags it would of worked.

Oh, I didn't realize I was looking at the tags for the wrong version. But got it now. Thanks! Unfortunately, my son likes to play on his amazon fire tablet sometimes and wants to be able to use his PC other times, but I guess I'm gathering that the two clients can't coexist on a server.

@binhexDoes an update to the docker image ever get made off a snapshot?

This snapshot:

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/minecraft-snapshot-22w24a

fixes this issue:

https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-252683

And that issue basically makes the server unusable. From the looks of it the new server.jar contains the 4.1.77.Final version of the Netty libraries which is what fixes the problem. The 4.1.76.Final version included in the previous version is causing the breaking issue.

Trying to determine if I should rollback or if there will be an update to the docker image using the new server.jar in that snapshot since it's a server breaking issue. Thanks

Edited by Jekkanadar
  • Upvote 1

I'll post this here too since no one seems to know what's up. I'm trying to run MC and it did work fine, and was kinda playable... But it was SUPER laggy and the web UI kept giving me this error. I don't know much about Java, so does anyone else know what's going on here? I didn't make many changes to anything. Any help would be very much appreciated, because I love UnRAID and plan on getting a license next paycheck ❤️

Screenshot from 2022-06-16 22-44-58.png

1 hour ago, DisposalProtogen said:

I'll post this here too since no one seems to know what's up. I'm trying to run MC and it did work fine, and was kinda playable... But it was SUPER laggy and the web UI kept giving me this error. I don't know much about Java, so does anyone else know what's going on here? I didn't make many changes to anything. Any help would be very much appreciated, because I love UnRAID and plan on getting a license next paycheck ❤️

Screenshot from 2022-06-16 22-44-58.png

Read my comment directly above yours @DisposalProtogen. The problem you're having is related to that issue.

On 6/17/2022 at 9:25 PM, Jekkanadar said:

@binhexDoes an update to the docker image ever get made off a snapshot?

This snapshot:

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/minecraft-snapshot-22w24a

fixes this issue:

https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-252683

And that issue basically makes the server unusable. From the looks of it the new server.jar contains the 4.1.77.Final version of the Netty libraries which is what fixes the problem. The 4.1.76.Final version included in the previous version is causing the breaking issue.

Trying to determine if I should rollback or if there will be an update to the docker image using the new server.jar in that snapshot since it's a server breaking issue. Thanks

Do we need to wait for binhex to update as a few of us seem to have a client/server mismatch when running the snapshot client.

Edited by ejg3855

Every morning when I go to check on my minecraft server, the console shows this message: "There is no screen to be attached matching minecraft.". This results in me having to manually restart the server every morning. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Info: I'm running 1.18.2 because of the netty issue with 1.19.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody figured out a way to add a Cloudflare SSL cert to this Minecraft container for purposes of proxying the external facing IP? Is so how did you accomplish it? If it cannot be done this way than what are the best practices for securing an external facing Minecraft server?

2 minutes ago, dabbler455 said:

Has anybody figured out a way to add a Cloudflare SSL cert to this Minecraft container for purposes of proxying the external facing IP? Is so how did you accomplish it? If it cannot be done this way than what are the best practices for securing an external facing Minecraft server?

If you are talking about the control panel, perhaps reverse proxy?

If you are talking about the game port itself, 25565, it doesn't talk using plain http, so a web proxy won't work.

What communication stream are you trying to secure?

• Upvote 1
On 7/13/2022 at 1:45 PM, JonathanM said:

If you are talking about the control panel, perhaps reverse proxy?

If you are talking about the game port itself, 25565, it doesn't talk using plain http, so a web proxy won't work.

What communication stream are you trying to secure?

I really just want to obscure my wan IP and be able to give my nephews a URL to connect to my server (i.e minecraft.somedomain.com)

1 minute ago, dabbler455 said:

I really just want to obscure my wan IP and be able to give my nephews a URL to connect to my server (i.e minecraft.somedomain.com)

Sign up at duckdns. I use myusername.duckdns.org for all sorts of stuff. There’s a Spacedinvader YouTube about setting up the duckdns Docker too that will keep that dynamic up updated with duckdns. Works great. 

Just now, dkerlee said:

Sign up at duckdns. I use myusername.duckdns.org for all sorts of stuff. There’s a Spacedinvader YouTube about setting up the duckdns Docker too that will keep that dynamic up updated with duckdns. Works great. 

I do the same with cloudflare DDNS, wasn't sure if there was a way to accomplish it using a cloudflare SSL cert. Sounds like it isn't supported by minecraft yet

14 hours ago, jfine said:

Does anyone know how to contact the author? I submitted https://github.com/binhex/arch-minecraftserver/issues/13#issuecomment-1179150442 a little while ago and if I'm understanding things I think it'll only require rebuilding the image to resolve the 1.19 netty issue.

hi guys, sorry for the delay in responding, my life is mental right now!. ok so i can update to the snapshot, however i am concerned this may cause issues with the minecraft client being out of sync with the server version, i guess the safest option is to create a specific tagged version, leave it with me.

• Like 1