[Support] binhex - MinecraftServer

7 minutes ago, rutherford said:

@Kedryn sounds like “player state” info. When you did the world transfer, did you get ALL the files in there? Previously, we’re you logged into the (now) Microsoft servers? The username will need to be an exact match to what it was before. If you’re having issues, it might be that something small has changed, like Mojang login previously and Microsoft login this time. 

We were logged to Microsoft Server (MS Minecraft, not Java one)
Then i used the same client, to connect to that docker, instead of being the server itself for home lan.

I copied all world folder from "minecraftWorlds" from my win 10 Minecraft folder, to the "worlds" dir in the docker appdata. Then i renamed the "8-PrY-EiAQA=" folder name to something more understandable.

so i think i have copied all

This Docker that you’re posting on is the Java server. You were on Microsoft before, windows version, that was bedrock. Refer to the sticky posts at the beginning of this thread for the bedrock version. It’s this version

It would probably be easier for you to stick with bedrock. Unless you intend to switch versions, then you should follow different steps. Like these…

https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/jo91kw/you_can_convert_a_bedrock_world_to_a_java_world

• 2 weeks later...

@couzin2000 hmmm looks like you can specify large Java versions. Third (?) sticky post on this thread talks about Java versions at the binhex documentation here

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/minecraftserver.md

does any of that help?

I moved on to Crafty 4 where you can host multiple servers at once, and use any Java version you like. I think. It’s been a year or so since I’ve messed with it. 

• Thanks 1
On 4/8/2023 at 4:48 PM, rutherford said:

I moved on to Crafty 4 where you can host multiple servers at once, and use any Java version you like. I think. It’s been a year or so since I’ve messed with it. 

OH MY GAWD you've just opened Pandora's box for me.

Did nott know Crafty existed. This is a game-changer for me. Thank you, I have no sufficient words to express my gratitude.

• Haha 1
On 4/8/2023 at 5:26 PM, couzin2000 said:

Using the latest binhex Minecraft Docker image. This runs Java 1.19.4. I'd like to use Java 1.19.2 instead. Is there any way to get the server to revert back? Of do I need to find the older binhex Minecraft image?

and just for clarity 1.19.4 and 1.19.2 are minecraft versions, not java versions, they are two very different things, if you want to run minecraft 1.19.2 then you would specify that using the tag name, see here for a list of tags:-

https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-minecraftserver/tags

• Like 1

I'll apologize in advance if this has already been asked/resolved, but I didn't find anything in the thread that seemed to answer my question. Is there a way to have the backups run on a set schedule? Currently have it set to backup every 2 hours but was hoping to find a way to have it back up at the same time(s) each day so I know it will save our playgroups progress after everyone gets off for the evening since we typically play during the same time frame each day.

If this has already been answered, please direct me to the info I need to set this up. I know Crafty4 has this available but prefer to avoid the overhaul if possible.

Thanks everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been having an issue with disconnections on the server. Whenever the server has been idle for an extended amount of time nobody can connect to the server and the webui is detached.
I have attached the logs for the docker container and the error I get when trying to connect to the webui.

Everything works fine after a restart but then that defeats the purpose of an always running server if I have to keep restarting it.

I also like this version of the minecraft server because of the automatic backups.

image.png

image.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I encountered a problem where the world just ends when going away a fair bit from the spawn point. Sometimes I can go further, but on the way back to my base that part of the world ended, disappeared. If I restart the server, it fixes it. What could cause this?

Not sure if the place is relevant (where if not?). I'm happily using the Binhex Minecraft server on my Unraid machine. The question is: is there a way to manage multiple worlds? Not simultaneously, but I'd like to change which world is handled by the server. Does it make sense?

5 hours ago, tampano said:

Not sure if the place is relevant (where if not?). I'm happily using the Binhex Minecraft server on my Unraid machine. The question is: is there a way to manage multiple worlds? Not simultaneously, but I'd like to change which world is handled by the server. Does it make sense?

Check out Crafty 4 for one Docker multiple worlds 

I see that there are folks having problems with a bot or something hitting Minecraft servers.

One solution is to block a particular IP which I think I did in my router and it seems to have worked.

I tried to use iptables inside of the container but I get an error as follows(that IP is the troublemaker):

iptables -A INPUT -s 162.33.178.237 -j DROP

iptables v1.8.9 (legacy): can't initialize iptables table filter: Permission denied (you must be root)

Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

Am I doing something wrong or is iptables not fully implemented in the container?

I was also getting screen problems and using the command from the FAQ didn't work. Is there an updated command? I tried this:

docker exec -u nobody -it binhex-minecraftserver /usr/bin/minecraftd console

And it didn't work. Is there an updated command?

Hey there I have been having trouble getting my server version to update was hoping I could be directed to a way to fix it. I put in Java_version 17 which didn't seem to help... I have also force updated the docker image and it has yet to get the version 1.20.1. Help :')

Hey folks:

My kids are really enjoying the container.  Throwing out a flyer for help here. 

I'm looking to mod a container to run Pokemon mods.  I imported a world from a Windows based laptop (server software) - where it runs ok but very under-powered.  I'm looking to use my Unraid box which was just updated with a new processor. 

After import it kicks out errors.  It looks like a dependency is missing.  Can someone help me interpret these errors?  (The mod owner runs a discord, where they recommended against running a server - but I was pleasantly surprised when it ran on a windows box.  So I gave it a shot importing it over, but failed).

Appreciate any help that can be offered!

2023-07-02 23:31:09:192 ERROR] [Scripting] Plugin [§cPoke§bBedrock §ev1.2.2 BEH - 1.0.0] - requesting dependency on module [@minecraft/server] but it is not configured to use it.

[2023-07-02 23:31:09:192 ERROR] [Scripting] Plugin [§cPoke§bBedrock §ev1.2.2 BEH - 1.0.0] - requesting dependency on module [@minecraft/server-ui] but it is not configured to use it.

[2023-07-02 23:31:09:872 ERROR] [Json] Unknown block during Deferred BlockDescriptor resolution: pokeb:silicon_ore

[2023-07-02 23:31:09:872 ERROR] [Json] Unknown block during Deferred BlockDescriptor resolution: pokeb:dawn_stone_ore [2023-07-02 23:31:09:872 ERROR] [Json] Unknown block during Deferred BlockDescriptor resolution: pokeb:leaf_stone_ore [2023-07-02 23:31:09:872 ERROR] [Json] Unknown block during Deferred BlockDescriptor resolution: pokeb:bauxite_ore

[2023-07-02 23:31:09:888 ERROR] [Json] Unknown block during Deferred BlockDescriptor resolution: pokeb:water_stone_ore [2023-07-02 23:31:10:435 ERROR] [Json] Unknown block during Deferred BlockDescriptor resolution: pokeb:fire_stone_ore

[2023-07-02 23:31:10:435 ERROR] [Json] Unknown block during Deferred BlockDescriptor resolution: pokeb:sun_stone_ore

5 hours ago, Chester said:

Hey folks:

My kids are really enjoying the container.  Throwing out a flyer for help here. 

I'm looking to mod a container to run Pokemon mods.  I imported a world from a Windows based laptop (server software) - where it runs ok but very under-powered.  I'm looking to use my Unraid box which was just updated with a new processor. 

After import it kicks out errors.  It looks like a dependency is missing.  Can someone help me interpret these errors?  (The mod owner runs a discord, where they recommended against running a server - but I was pleasantly surprised when it ran on a windows box.  So I gave it a shot importing it over, but failed).

Appreciate any help that can be offered!

2023-07-02 23:31:09:192 ERROR] [Scripting] Plugin [§cPoke§bBedrock §ev1.2.2 BEH - 1.0.0] - requesting dependency on module [@minecraft/server] but it is not configured to use it.

[2023-07-02 23:31:09:192 ERROR] [Scripting] Plugin [§cPoke§bBedrock §ev1.2.2 BEH - 1.0.0] - requesting dependency on module [@minecraft/server-ui] but it is not configured to use it.

[2023-07-02 23:31:09:872 ERROR] [Json] Unknown block during Deferred BlockDescriptor resolution: pokeb:silicon_ore

[2023-07-02 23:31:09:872 ERROR] [Json] Unknown block during Deferred BlockDescriptor resolution: pokeb:dawn_stone_ore [2023-07-02 23:31:09:872 ERROR] [Json] Unknown block during Deferred BlockDescriptor resolution: pokeb:leaf_stone_ore [2023-07-02 23:31:09:872 ERROR] [Json] Unknown block during Deferred BlockDescriptor resolution: pokeb:bauxite_ore

[2023-07-02 23:31:09:888 ERROR] [Json] Unknown block during Deferred BlockDescriptor resolution: pokeb:water_stone_ore [2023-07-02 23:31:10:435 ERROR] [Json] Unknown block during Deferred BlockDescriptor resolution: pokeb:fire_stone_ore

[2023-07-02 23:31:10:435 ERROR] [Json] Unknown block during Deferred BlockDescriptor resolution: pokeb:sun_stone_ore

looking at the error i would say that mod is for bedrock server not java minecraft server, so you will probably need to run a bedrock server if you want to do that (see ca).

10 hours ago, binhex said:

looking at the error i would say that mod is for bedrock server not java minecraft server, so you will probably need to run a bedrock server if you want to do that (see ca).

Thanks for responding and taking a look!

I am trying to run it on a Bedrock server container.  (My kids access with Ipads).  I tested the mod on a windows box laptop running bedrock, and it worked.  (This made me think it work in an unraid docker, but I am new to mods.)   

I'll try the mod discord again - but it's 2 or 3 word responses from the devs. 

Thanks for responding and taking a look!

I am trying to run it on a Bedrock server container.  (My kids access with Ipads).  I tested the mod on a windows box laptop running bedrock, and it worked.  (This made me think it work in an unraid docker, but I am new to mods.)   

I'll try the mod discord again - but it's 2 or 3 word responses from the devs. 
Ah I'm that case you are in the wrong support thread, this is for Minecraft Java server not bedrock

Sent from my 22021211RG using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2023 at 9:37 PM, nraygun said:

I see that there are folks having problems with a bot or something hitting Minecraft servers.

One solution is to block a particular IP which I think I did in my router and it seems to have worked.

I tried to use iptables inside of the container but I get an error as follows(that IP is the troublemaker):

iptables -A INPUT -s 162.33.178.237 -j DROP

iptables v1.8.9 (legacy): can't initialize iptables table filter: Permission denied (you must be root)

Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

Am I doing something wrong or is iptables not fully implemented in the container?

I was also getting screen problems and using the command from the FAQ didn't work. Is there an updated command? I tried this:

docker exec -u nobody -it binhex-minecraftserver /usr/bin/minecraftd console

And it didn't work. Is there an updated command?

Any ideas on the iptables issue?