[Support] binhex - MinecraftServer

16 minutes ago, voidthe said:

so I want to run a spigot server how do i change what JAR file gets used.

thanks

Well renaming is an option. Or symlinking which is the better Option.

(Replace the minecraft.jar or minecraft-server.jar or Just use minenodeos, for easier Handling, because this docker Container will replace the minecraft.jar each time U Update it)

Well renaming is an option. Or symlinking which is the better Option.
(Replace the minecraft.jar or minecraft-server.jar or Just use minenodeos, for easier Handling, because this docker Container will replace the minecraft.jar each time U Update it)
Use MineOS-node check CA for the image

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, i have a quick question, yesterday mojang released the 1.16 version. I tried to update the server by downloading the newer version from the official webside but everytime i restart the docker it get overwrited and set back to 1.15.

Is there anyways i can update it manualy and prevent it from beeing overwrited ? 

Or do i just have to wait for the repository to get updated ? 

Thanks for your time.

1 minute ago, Jo7410 said:

Hi guys, i have a quick question, yesterday mojang released the 1.16 version. I tried to update the server by downloading the newer version from the official webside but everytime i restart the docker it get overwrited and set back to 1.15.

Is there anyways i can update it manualy and prevent it from beeing overwrited ? 

Or do i just have to wait for the repository to get updated ? 

Thanks for your time.

flagged out of date on AUR today, as soon as this is updated the build will happen automatically:-

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/minecraft-server/

• Thanks 1

@binhex

Could you possibly add the option to specify a jar file? I don't know much about dockers but as far as I can tell it's just this line that needs to be updated. In /config/nobody/minecraft.

MAIN_EXECUTABLE="minecraft_server.jar"

To

MAIN_EXECUTABLE="${SERVER_JAR}"

Also I have set my max-backups to 10, but there is no config/minecraft/backups folder on my system and it has never created a backup before? Am I missing something?

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2020 at 8:49 PM, Blairwin said:

Improperly detached screen (user error) was causing an issue.  Fixed it by following instructions here.

https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahrm

On 4/19/2020 at 8:46 AM, joohn said:

Ok, I'll answer myself ;)

In the docker console through WebGUI:

sudo -u nobody screen -list
sudo -u nobody screen -D put_the_name_with_minecraftscreen_here

after that, running /usr/bin/minecraftd console works :D

Does this actually work for anyone else?  I've yet to get it  to for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't think this is limited to your Docker image but I am running your Docker version so I figure it goes in this thread.

My Minecraft server has been running smoothly up until Parity Check started last night. It all started with some extra lag, chunk load time, and eventually crashed the Minecraft server completely. I decided to stop the Parity Check and shutdown UnRaid to refresh the server. After all my VMs, Dockers, and Plugins were restored. I loaded up Minecraft and everything was back to running perfectly. Started Parity again and opened up Minecraft and the only thing that would load is the image of the sky. Not a single block loaded. Even shutdown a few Dockers and experienced no change.

I feel like I've played before during a Parity Check with no issues before. With that said, Minecraft did have a major version upgrade since the last Parity Check ran. So perhaps that has some correlation but other than that I'm at a loss as to why Parity would effect Minecraft in this way.

As far as my system goes I have plenty of RAM and my CPU has plenty of room for processes.

64 GB DDR4 3200MHz - 39% Utilization -- CPU (8core/16thread) - 10% Utilization

--- Several days later...
Anyone have a similar issue or have any insight on a method to help my server stay active during a Parity Check? I'm considering moving the Minecraft Docker off of the Array and onto my cache drive. That should to increase read and write speeds and maybe even prevent slow downs during a Parity Check. But I would lose out on the redundancy that having the docker on the array provides. Thoughts?

UnRAID Server:
AMD RYZEN 7 2700X (8core/16thread), CPU @ 3.70 GHz - 4.3 GHz, RAM 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz, x64 Bit Processor
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero Gen2 X470, Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950, OS: unRAID 6.8.3

Edited by PingTheNet
Additional Thoughts - Days later.
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, happymaan said:

I am seeing that that the server needs to be upgraded to v1.16.2. Am I able to do this within the docker container or do I need to wait for an update to the docker container?

the delay is due to upstream package maintainer being a bit slow, so ive switched it to direct download now, expect a new release in the next 2 hours.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, i have now enhanced this docker image to include automated backups and web ui access to the minecraft console, as this is identical to minecraft bedrock i am going to link to the posts on that thread, but please reply on this thread for anything to do with minecraft java server:-

comments regards backup:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/84905-support-binhex-minecraftbedrockserver/?do=findComment&comment=862580

comments regards web ui console:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/84905-support-binhex-minecraftbedrockserver/?do=findComment&comment=866380

and further enhancement to include authentication for web ui console:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/84905-support-binhex-minecraftbedrockserver/?do=findComment&comment=866497

if you want a simple life then screenshot your existing settings, remove the template and re-add from CA to get all the new shiny features.

• Thanks 1
On 8/24/2020 at 11:10 AM, binhex said:

Hi guys, i have now enhanced this docker image to include automated backups and web ui access to the minecraft console, as this is identical to minecraft bedrock i am going to link to the posts on that thread, but please reply on this thread for anything to do with minecraft java server:-

comments regards backup:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/84905-support-binhex-minecraftbedrockserver/?do=findComment&comment=862580

comments regards web ui console:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/84905-support-binhex-minecraftbedrockserver/?do=findComment&comment=866380

and further enhancement to include authentication for web ui console:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/84905-support-binhex-minecraftbedrockserver/?do=findComment&comment=866497

if you want a simple life then screenshot your existing settings, remove the template and re-add from CA to get all the new shiny features.

Hi Binhex, thx a lot for this enhancements! I just updated to the latest version. When I try to enter the new variables, I only have this options (but the last 34 are missing: display, required, passwork mask):

image.thumb.png.9835bac1b73d2f48d85b434cec897da8.png

If I remove the template and re-add it from CA do I need to make a manual backup before? I guess this will solve the previous issue I mentioned.

This is my actual setup:

image.thumb.png.0716db53e75609ea515db58bb1974d3b.png

Hi Binhex, thx a lot for this enhancements! I just updated to the latest version. When I try to enter the new variables, I only have this options (but the last 34 are missing: display, required, passwork mask):
image.thumb.png.9835bac1b73d2f48d85b434cec897da8.png

If I remove the template and re-add it from CA do I need to make a manual backup before? I guess this will solve the previous issue I mentioned.

This is my actual setup:
image.thumb.png.0716db53e75609ea515db58bb1974d3b.png
You don't need to do a backup per say all you really need to do is to make a note of each value for any variable defined in the existing container and then replicate that setting to the new container e.g port numbers, puid and pgid, etc, and most importantly the path defined for /config

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ElDritvh said:

Hi, is there any way for me to choose another mincraft server executable, like an old version or PaperMC. Thank you very much.

its not designed to run papermc. but you can roll back to specific versions of minecraft if you want by specifying the tag, list of tags shown here:-

https://registry.hub.docker.com/repository/docker/binhex/arch-minecraftserver/tags?page=1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, been scouring through the thread for quite a while and right now I'm a bit confused as to why I'm no longer generating backups.

I was having significant performance issues with only 3 people on my server, so I moved the /config to the nvme cache drive I installed instead of the array. It has sped up the server performance drastically, but the docker is no longer generating any backups on the cache or the array. This has been somewhat of an issue as the tower has gone under some HW maintenance and having an automated backup was a godsend for when I'd power down and the cache drive was wiped (prior to formatting the nvme), or if the server deleted anything on the minecraft world itself (which has happened and was also a big headache).

Any thoughts on how to reinstate those backups? Also, can the mover target a specific file folder that has the backups so that all I move is the backups themselves? Somewhat of a noob to the docker scene, but I have gotten this far.

I have a 5 disk array: 1 Parity, 3 3TB Ironwolfs, and 256 GB NVMe SSD. Skylake Xeon. I don't think this is a HW issue, I just can't figure out the configurations for the backups and such.