[Support] binhex - MinecraftServer

Sure thing, here's the docker container settings:

image.thumb.png.31beaa837d94c45b4408a333f6d18df6.png

The thing that pops up when I click the 'Log' to the right of the container:

image.thumb.png.1216d25826fe6ff797c3f9b19ae502e6.png

I've also attached the supervisor. Last updated a few minutes ago.

EDIT: Pretty clear to me there's something preventing the backup script from running, but I'm not sure what gives.

Thanks

supervisord.log

Edited by ZeypherUndellus
Enabling a hypothesis
On 9/29/2020 at 3:44 AM, ZeypherUndellus said:

EDIT: Pretty clear to me there's something preventing the backup script from running, but I'm not sure what gives.

i believe the script is running but for some reason its having a hard time creating the destination folder to store the backups in. i have made a modification to the script and a new image is now available, please pull down and give it a try and see if this fixes the issue, let me know.

• 1 month later...

I moved my Single player world to my minecraft server.  It launches fine and all of my buildings are there.  Cheats are enabled on the Single Player world.  But when I launch the server I am unable to do any commands like changing the game mode.  It only gives me a list of the commands in my screenshot. 

2020-11-09_22_35_36.thumb.png.805d2c6aede32301de4e5b9bbffb1030.png

I tried launching the console by using the following command but I get an error.

docker exec -u nobody -it binhex-minecraftserver /usr/bin/minecraftd console

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/minecraftserver.md

OCI runtime exec failed: exec failed: container_linux.go:346: starting container process caused "exec: \"/usr/bin/minecraftd\": stat /usr/bin/minecraftd: no such file or directory": unknown

So from the error its saying that it doesnt exist there.  

Im sure it has to do with me having my appdata on my unassigned devices drive instead of the default location. 

I looked in the binhex-mincraftserver folder but cant find the path to the minecraftd 

Below is the path to the minecraft folder on my unassigned devices.

/unraid_unassigned_disks/Samsung_SSD_860_EVO_500GB_S59UNJ0N109855F/appdata/binhex-minecraftserver/

What I am looking to do is enable cheat commands on my Minecraft server and the only way I can find is through the console.  I am open to other ideas as well.  

So summary

1. How do I access the Minecraft Console through Unraid terminal?

2. Is there another way I can get the in-game cheat commands enabled if I cannot access the console?

Thanks

Edited by Armed Ferret
wrong info
5 hours ago, Armed Ferret said:

left click icon in deluge unraid web ui, select 'web ui' and enable cheats

5 hours ago, Armed Ferret said:

2. Is there another way I can get the in-game cheat commands enabled if I cannot access the console?

no.

13 hours ago, binhex said:
18 hours ago, Armed Ferret said:

left click icon in deluge unraid web ui, select 'web ui' and enable cheats

This does not work when you sleepct multiplayer.  You just join the server.  I guess I left that part out. 

13 hours ago, binhex said:
18 hours ago, Armed Ferret said:

no.

I actually found a command that works.

1. Launch the unraid terminal

2. Run the following command "docker exec -u nobody -it binhex-minecraftserver screen -r minecraft".  replace 'binhex-minecraftserver' with whatever the name of your docker is.  

Then the console launches.  

Thanks for the help. 

10 hours ago, Armed Ferret said:

This does not work when you sleepct multiplayer.  You just join the server. 

i dont understand this tbh, if you use the web ui then you are accessing the minecraft servers console, is this not what you want to achieve? then you can issue the commands to turn on cheats or give a certain user elevated privileges so they can issue cheat commands.

I'm having a very annoying issue. Started a week or two ago, I think. When I stop the docker container, the Minecraft world isn't saving all changes. Inventories and chests are saved as expected, but I just lost a like 1500 block long tunnel, twice. I thought the first "rollback" was a fluke, so I spent a couple of hours redoing it, just to find everything gone again after restarting the container.

I've been doing some quick testing, and if I specifically go into the console and type 

stop

to stop the server, it saves the world as expected, but doesn't stop the container. After then stopping the container manually and starting it again, the world loads with all recent changes saved as expected.

Is it because just stopping the container for some reason doesn't stop the server gracefully? Surely the minecraft server should auto-save the world once every few minutes anyway, right?

There doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary in the container log, or printed in the server console.

Any ideas?

3 hours ago, clb92 said:

I'm having a very annoying issue. Started a week or two ago, I think. When I stop the docker container, the Minecraft world isn't saving all changes. Inventories and chests are saved as expected, but I just lost a like 1500 block long tunnel, twice. I thought the first "rollback" was a fluke, so I spent a couple of hours redoing it, just to find everything gone again after restarting the container.

I've been doing some quick testing, and if I specifically go into the console and type 

stop

to stop the server, it saves the world as expected, but doesn't stop the container. After then stopping the container manually and starting it again, the world loads with all recent changes saved as expected.

Is it because just stopping the container for some reason doesn't stop the server gracefully? Surely the minecraft server should auto-save the world once every few minutes anyway, right?

There doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary in the container log, or printed in the server console.

Any ideas?

how long after creating the change in the world are you shutting down the container?, if its less than 5 minutes then there is a chance your change will be lost, as this is the time set for changes to be committed to the world (hard set my mojang i think).

6 hours ago, binhex said:

how long after creating the change in the world are you shutting down the container?, if its less than 5 minutes then there is a chance your change will be lost, as this is the time set for changes to be committed to the world (hard set my mojang i think).

At least 3-4 hours.

22 minutes ago, clb92 said:

At least 3-4 hours.

hmm ok that shouldnt be happening then. ok investigation on this is going to be tricky for me, as i dont have a copy of minecraft java, for now one thing you can do to mitigate this is to use the backup feature i built into this container, for instance setting the values as follows will get you very frequent backups of your world, 1 every hour with a purge of the backups every 7 days, change to fit to what you want.

CREATE_BACKUP_HOURS=1
PURGE_BACKUP_DAYS=7

Edited by binhex
18 minutes ago, binhex said:

hmm ok that shouldnt be happening then. ok investigation on this is going to be tricky for me, as i dont have a copy of minecraft java, for now one thing you can do to mitigate this is to use the backup feature i built into this container, for instance setting the values as follows will get you very frequent backups of your world, 1 every hour with a purge of the backups every 7 days, change to fit to what you want.

CREATE_BACKUP_HOURS=1
PURGE_BACKUP_DAYS=7

Is it possible to back up more often than every hour?

Just now, clb92 said:

Is it possible to back up more often than every hour?

not at present, no, i could change this but it could fill your disk fairly quickly if you are backing up that frequently, but i can understand you not wanting to loose any changes, im perplexed as to why its happening to be honest.

1 minute ago, binhex said:

not at present, no, i could change this but it could fill your disk fairly quickly if you are backing up that frequently, but i can understand you not wanting to loose any changes, im perplexed as to why its happening to be honest.

I plan on testing with a new Minecraft world, and maybe even with completely new reset /config folder too, once I get some more free time. Maybe it could be some sort of corruption in the world files, but who knows...

Just now, clb92 said:

I plan on testing with a new Minecraft world, and maybe even with completely new reset /config folder too, once I get some more free time. Maybe it could be some sort of corruption in the world files, but who knows...

it sounds like some sort of corruption, or perhaps its the location you are saving to, is it unassigned devices?, cache pool?, array?, the issue may even be file system corruption.

Just now, binhex said:

it sounds like some sort of corruption, or perhaps its the location you are saving to, is it unassigned devices?, cache pool?, array?, the issue may even be file system corruption.

A single-SSD cache pool (been running the Minecraft server on there for about a year). I'll let you know if I find anything.
Thanks for maintaining all these containers, by the way!

15 minutes ago, clb92 said:

This container. It's been running absolutely perfectly until like 1 or 2 weeks ago.

ok cool, i would start with checking your syslog for any signs of filesystem corruption, sadly BTRFS in my experience is not the best and i have seen corruption a number of times, including first hand.

Just leaving this here because it took hours for me to figure out (I've never used docker before until 2 days ago). And I didn't see a clear guide on here regarding RCON.
To use RCON you need to enable it and add the port mapping for it:
1) opening up the console to the minecraft container by clicking on the container icon and selecting "console" (I used BASH for the terminal)

2) cd config/minecraft

3) nano server.properties

4) edit the value of "enable-rcon" to "true" and "rcon.password" to a SECURE password (I cannot stress this enough). Touch nothing else.
5) CTRL X to save
6) Click on the container icon and select "edit"
7) Scroll to the bottom to add another Port with 25575 has the Host and container port as a TCP connection.
8 ) Restart the container.

For extra security, I suggest not opening up that port and only access it from an app in your network. The last thing you want is someone with the power to edit your server with a few console commands. And I know it's taboo to hard edit the content of a container, but I honestly didn't know what else to do. I needed RCON enabled in order for my bot to work with it.
If there's a better, more secure, solution. I'm open to it.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a few powercuts, and I suspect the world data file many have been corrupted (I started to get bigger lags and server hanging up for 60s).

I tried to copy a few worlds from the backup folder into another world folder (naming these world1, world2, ...) and changing the name in server config.

The thing is that the "current" world has the correct seed, but even a backup from 2 days ago has an old seed, that I stopped using at the beginning of November.

How _exactly_ is the backup feature of the java server working? The "current" world that I'm playing on is in folder "world15" (don't even remember why - probably that's what I copied from PC and just didn't rename to "world"). I was trying different backups but all of them have the wrong seed. So is the backup only ever copying the "world" folder, or is it copying the folder that the config file is pointing the server to?

12 hours ago, Mr__hamster said:

How does one go about modding the server?

Either with one of the technic packs or just adding mods to vanilla.

Any help will be awesome!

this docker image is more about running vanilla minecraft, not mods, if you want to use mods then i would encourage you to take a look at mineos-node (in CA).

4 hours ago, binhex said:

correct!, you must keep all your worlds in the world folder, otherwise they wont be backed up.

I'm sure that little nugget of data is listed someplace, but this is the first i'm hearing of it.  luckily when I made extra instances and moved worlds between them, I settled on making everyone use the 'world' folder name.