[Support] binhex - MinecraftBedrockServer

15 hours ago, binhex said:

simple, you open file /config/minecraft/server.properties and look for line 'level-seed=' and set the value to the seed you want.

So I have entered a seed number multiple times, restarted the docker, but it's not creating the world off the seed i entered. It's continuing to use a random one generated from prior to me entering a number in this area.

9 hours ago, Sullen Maximus said:

So I have entered a seed number multiple times, restarted the docker, but it's not creating the world off the seed i entered. It's continuing to use a random one generated from prior to me entering a number in this area.

did you delete the old world?, if not then this will not overwrite the world, delete /config/minecraft/worlds/<name pf world folder> then restart the container.

9 hours ago, binhex said:

did you delete the old world?, if not then this will not overwrite the world, delete /config/minecraft/worlds/<name pf world folder> then restart the container.

I renamed it a new world altogether. Each time I rename, it creates a new world, but also doesn't use the seed I entered.

8 hours ago, Sullen Maximus said:

I renamed it a new world altogether. Each time I rename, it creates a new world, but also doesn't use the seed I entered.

Figured out what it was, there was a formatting issue going on in the original server.properties file. now i'm just trying to figure out why players designated as operators can't turn on functions like coordinates..... this is a tedious program to modify...

4 hours ago, Sullen Maximus said:

there was a formatting issue going on in the original server.properties file

i dont believe there is, im assuming by 'formatting' you mean line endings right, if so they are set correctly for this file, more likely the editor you used (notepad?) changed the line endings on the file and caused the issue, that would be my guess.

now i'm just trying to figure out why players designated as operators can't turn on functions like coordinates

i will save you the bother, whilst you can do this in-game (ive done it) it is not persistent, so instead do the following:-

1. go to unraid web ui

2. left click minecraft container icon and select edit

3. scroll down and set the value for 'Container Variable: STARTUP_CMD' to 'gamerule showcoordinates true' (without the quotes)

4. click apply and check co-ordinates set

this is a tedious program to modify...

lol you reckon?!, you've obviously not tried too configuring too many containers yet 🙂 this is one of the simpler ones IMO.

On 4/20/2021 at 4:15 AM, i3u5hy said:

hey all i was wondering who has been able to run a second server.. i can get one running fine but the second one is getting the best of me.. 

Here is what is happening and my settings i have set 

Also this is the only way it will show up is if i manually add the IP in servers

if any one can let me know what im doing wrong this would be great 

I have the First server Down but it does show up under friends when i start it.. with all default settings for ports

explorer_jBj0bTtHFs.png

ApplicationFrameHost_cWUuihg8PA.png

notepad_gTg8bcY86l.png

So I have seen multiple posts in this thread that say you're supposed to leave the ports alone  in the server.properties file, and only change the port numbers on the host side.

However, I have done this correctly (according to these posts) and yet I can only "see" one server at a time when I try to join from the "Friends" tab. 

Here is my config 210134206_2021-07-0322_04_12-Tower_Docker-Brave.thumb.png.dc0b35e232896cf39cf37a4df4c0c34c.png

On 7/4/2021 at 3:13 AM, uttles said:

So I have seen multiple posts in this thread that say you're supposed to leave the ports alone  in the server.properties file, and only change the port numbers on the host side.

However, I have done this correctly (according to these posts) and yet I can only "see" one server at a time when I try to join from the "Friends" tab. 

Here is my config 210134206_2021-07-0322_04_12-Tower_Docker-Brave.thumb.png.dc0b35e232896cf39cf37a4df4c0c34c.png

im kinda guessing here, but i would think its probably to do with minecaft clients only listening for servers on a set port number, that port number being the default port of '19132', now obviously this is going to be a problem as you can only run one server at a time on a single ip on a set port number (talking host side only here), so you might need to create a custom bridge, allocate it a different ip (for instance a static ip on your lan range) and then set the port back to 19132, that SHOULD then allow you to run both servers at the same time and they should then both be visible to your minecraft clients.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, bonsaibobby said:

How would one go about enabling the caves and cliffs features? I have the most recent update but can't find anything in server.properties about enabling experimental features or anything like that.

you dont 'enable' cliffs and caves, it's either present or not present in the version of minecraft you are running, in this case it is present but only as part 1, part 2 will be released by mojang close to the end of this year.

• 2 weeks later...

im using this docker for some time for childerns to play in home Lan and all fine.

but tryed to make server for WAN and can make it visible in internet.

i forwarded in two routers port 19132(both) to my server but nothing... server not avalible (ports 80,443 work fine)

using cloudflare made minecraft.myserver.com point to my ip (proxied) also tryed unproxied,

i connected smartphone with minecraft to wifi using from mobile point access wifi  from my smartphone where mobile data on to make like its not from same lan the device . 

using docker in bridge mode, also using cloudflare full strict mode for ssl/tls maybe its some how affect ?

any advices ?

10x

Have searched but found nothing that could help.

So, I have installed the bedrock server, container is running but:

• I cannot connect to the server from any of my devices.
  • I cannot connect to the console. When I open the console, I just got this message saying "There is no screen to be attached matching minecraft.".

I have had this working, but I did that "something" that broke the installation. So I uninstalled the app, removed the folder, reinstalled but still the same result as above. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, nfinete said:

I am currently unable to log into my bedrock server. I get a message stating Outdated server. When I look at the console the version states 1.17.10.04. I noticed there was an updated docker image released yesterday, but that didn't solve the problem. Anyone have any ideas?

then you cant of updated your docker image, i just verified the image is def updated to latest and i can connect from mincraft pe to the server, both running 1.17.30.04

click on 'advanced view' in the docker tab and then click on 'force update' for the container.

3 hours ago, binhex said:

hmm ok thats correct, can you do a force update and copy and paste the output from the window that pops up.

Pulling image: binhex/arch-minecraftbedrockserver:latest

IMAGE ID [1238108473]: Pulling from binhex/arch-minecraftbedrockserver.
Status: Image is up to date for binhex/arch-minecraftbedrockserver:latest

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 0 B

Stopping container: binhex-minecraftbedrockserver

Successfully stopped container 'binhex-minecraftbedrockserver'

Removing container: binhex-minecraftbedrockserver

Successfully removed container 'binhex-minecraftbedrockserver'

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-minecraftbedrockserver' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'CREATE_BACKUP_HOURS'='12' -e 'PURGE_BACKUP_DAYS'='14' -e 'ENABLE_WEBUI_CONSOLE'='yes' -e 'ENABLE_WEBUI_AUTH'='yes' -e 'WEBUI_USER'='' -e 'WEBUI_PASS'='' -e 'WEBUI_CONSOLE_TITLE'='Minecraft Bedrock' -e 'STARTUP_CMD'='' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman -l net.unraid.docker.webui='http://[IP]:[PORT:8222]/' -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://raw.githubusercontent.com/binhex/docker-templates/master/binhex/images/minecraftbedrockserver-icon.png' -p '19132:19132/tcp' -p '19132:19132/udp' -p '19133:19133/tcp' -p '19133:19133/udp' -p '8222:8222/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-minecraftbedrockserver':'/config':'rw' 'binhex/arch-minecraftbedrockserver'

804fc2e40219d9696a1a187c562861e22f03ef518891184fbb332428d3568eb6

The command finished successfully!

This is what I see when I go to the webui

NO LOG FILE! - Failed to up file descriptor limit Operation not permitted NO LOG FILE! - setting up server logging... [2021-09-23 14:48:55 INFO] Starting Server [2021-09-23 14:48:55 INFO] Version 1.17.10.04 [2021-09-23 14:48:55 INFO] Session ID 640ac3c6-2ddc-462d-a387-7bee09beafd5 [2021-09-23 14:48:55 ERROR] Unknown authority mode true, expected one of [ 'client-auth', 'server-auth', 'server-auth-with-rewind' ] [2021-09-23 14:48:55 INFO] Level Name: Bedrock level [2021-09-23 14:48:55 INFO] Game mode: 0 Survival [2021-09-23 14:48:55 INFO] Difficulty: 1 EASY [INFO] opening worlds/Bedrock level/db [INFO] IPv4 supported, port: 19132 [INFO] IPv6 not supported [INFO] IPv4 supported, port: 36756 [INFO] IPv6 not supported [INFO] Server started.

Edited by nfinete
14 hours ago, nfinete said:

NO LOG FILE! - Failed to up file descriptor limit Operation not permitted NO LOG FILE! - setting up server logging... [2021-09-23 14:48:55 INFO] Starting Server [2021-09-23 14:48:55 INFO] Version 1.17.10.04

that is really odd, this is what i see, pulling fresh image, no prior config or container, through the web ui, also confirmed i am running latest minecraft at this time (1.17.31.01) through minecraft pe, very confused as to why you cant see the latest image?!.

gamerule showcoordinates true
NO LOG FILE! - Failed to up file descriptor limit Operation not permitted
NO LOG FILE! - setting up server logging...
[2021-09-24 10:02:24:826 INFO] Starting Server
[2021-09-24 10:02:24:826 INFO] Version 1.17.31.01
[2021-09-24 10:02:24:826 INFO] Session ID e587a469-2f1c-4e97-83e0-c3ae86dfb0d8
[2021-09-24 10:02:24:826 ERROR] Unknown authority mode true, expected one of [ 'client-auth', 'server-auth', 'server-auth-with-rewind' ]
[2021-09-24 10:02:24:826 INFO] Level Name: Bedrock level
[2021-09-24 10:02:24:828 INFO] Game mode: 0 Survival
[2021-09-24 10:02:24:828 INFO] Difficulty: 1 EASY
[INFO] opening worlds/Bedrock level/db
[INFO] IPv4 supported, port: 19132
[INFO] IPv6 not supported
[INFO] Server started.
Game rule showcoordinates has been updated to true
[INFO] IPv4 supported, port:

i can only assume you have some connectivity issues to docker hub, perhaps give your server a reboot and try a force update again.