[Support] binhex - MinecraftBedrockServer

3 hours ago, binhex said:

that is really odd, this is what i see, pulling fresh image, no prior config or container, through the web ui, also confirmed i am running latest minecraft at this time (1.17.31.01) through minecraft pe, very confused as to why you cant see the latest image?!.

gamerule showcoordinates true
NO LOG FILE! - Failed to up file descriptor limit Operation not permitted
NO LOG FILE! - setting up server logging...
[2021-09-24 10:02:24:826 INFO] Starting Server
[2021-09-24 10:02:24:826 INFO] Version 1.17.31.01
[2021-09-24 10:02:24:826 INFO] Session ID e587a469-2f1c-4e97-83e0-c3ae86dfb0d8
[2021-09-24 10:02:24:826 ERROR] Unknown authority mode true, expected one of [ 'client-auth', 'server-auth', 'server-auth-with-rewind' ]
[2021-09-24 10:02:24:826 INFO] Level Name: Bedrock level
[2021-09-24 10:02:24:828 INFO] Game mode: 0 Survival
[2021-09-24 10:02:24:828 INFO] Difficulty: 1 EASY
[INFO] opening worlds/Bedrock level/db
[INFO] IPv4 supported, port: 19132
[INFO] IPv6 not supported
[INFO] Server started.
Game rule showcoordinates has been updated to true
[INFO] IPv4 supported, port:

i can only assume you have some connectivity issues to docker hub, perhaps give your server a reboot and try a force update again.

So just an update, I was able to get it fixed. I renamed the folder containing the appdata. I then blew away the container and image. I reinstalled and confirmed that my version was updated. Once that was done, I just copied my worlds folder over from the old appdata directory to the new one.  Very strange. Anyways thanks for the help and all the work you do for the unraid community.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Getting a new error message that the server is outdated. Two of the players on the newer updated Minecraft version are having the issue whereas two players on the older (matching) version are fine.

Is there a way to check the docker for updates?

I'm on UnRAID 6.9.2 and docker shows the docker was last created 2 days ago (assuming, updated 2 days ago).

EDIT: Sigh, should have checked.

Docker > Advanced View (top right) > Force Update for docker container.

This fixed it; thanks :)

Edited by rawfuls
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2021 at 2:22 PM, nfinete said:

So just an update, I was able to get it fixed. I renamed the folder containing the appdata. I then blew away the container and image. I reinstalled and confirmed that my version was updated. Once that was done, I just copied my worlds folder over from the old appdata directory to the new one.  Very strange. Anyways thanks for the help and all the work you do for the unraid community.

I have tried this but just to confirm, when you say 'blew away' you mean you deleted the docker? I went as far as deleting the files with no luck. This is what I see:

NO LOG FILE! - [] Failed to up file descriptor limit Operation not permitted NO LOG FILE! - [] setting up server logging... [2021-11-06 16:54:34:933 INFO] Starting Server [2021-11-06 16:54:34:933 INFO] Version 1.17.41.01 [2021-11-06 16:54:34:933 INFO] Session ID cf982c4c-9d59-44cf-ad37-41ea7df8cf19 [2021-11-06 16:54:34:934 INFO] Level Name: Bedrock level [2021-11-06 16:54:34:939 INFO] Game mode: 0 Survival [2021-11-06 16:54:34:939 INFO] Difficulty: 1 EASY [INFO] opening worlds/Bedrock level/db [INFO] IPv4 supported, port: 19132 [INFO] IPv6 not supported [INFO] Server started. [INFO] IPv4 supported, port: 38365 [INFO] IPv6 not supported

After lots of research i have come up empty handed.

My son would like mods added to this server.

I have no clue how, where or anything to do this.

He plays on an ipad / iphone so i would like to know if i can put mods on the server side and they work for him.

If i can where abouts do i get the mods from and where do i put them on my unraid server.

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, ikoyhn said:

New Bedrock update, can no longer join server as it is out of date, any ETA on a docker update? Thanks!

You can manually set the version when installing (or I think Edit and apply should work).

Docker > Minecraft > Edit > Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device

Config Type: Variable
Name: release_tag_name
Key: release_tag_name
Value: 1.18.0.02

Or replace the Value with whatever the next update will be if you're reading this in the future.

You can manually set the version when installing (or I think Edit and apply should work).

Docker > Minecraft > Edit > Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device

Config Type: VariableName: release_tag_nameKey: release_tag_nameValue: 1.18.0.02

Or replace the Value with whatever the next update will be if you're reading this in the future.

No that does not work for this image, you have to wait for the image to be updated, which in the case of my images is done automatically.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Hi all, I'd love some help in getting two Bedrock servers to run simultaneously. Below is the configuration I have:

image.thumb.png.f3206f7848ac27006a5df34ae39db770.png

The top Creative world is the "default" - it has the normal ports, is visible on the LAN, etc. But the kids want a survival-only world, so I'm trying to set that up now that 1.18 is out.

With the above configuration, on the same home network, in Minecraft under "Play" -> "Friends" tab -> "LAN Games" heading, it shows the Creative server, but not the Survival one. To see the Survival server, I have to click over to the "Servers" tab, click on "Add Server" at the bottom and fill in the details (IP 10.0.0.10, port 19144). Once that's saved, I see the Survival server listed under the "Additional Servers" heading in the "Servers" tab, but it constantly says "Survival - Locating..." on the button. Nevertheless, if I click the button (still in the "Servers" tab) and click "Join server", it connects.

However...! If I go back to the "Friends" tab, I now see both the Creative and the Survival servers, but if I click on the Survival server, I get joined to the Creative server! :S It's not a copy of the Creative server either, but the actual Creative server—any changes such as block placement or player location are "carried over" and shown if I connect directly to the Creative server. Also, if I stop the Creative server's docker container, leaving the Survival server's container running, I can no longer connect to (what should be) the Survival server in the Friends tab.

Any ideas?

2 hours ago, Sandwich said:

Hi all, I'd love some help in getting two Bedrock servers to run simultaneously. Below is the configuration I have:

image.thumb.png.f3206f7848ac27006a5df34ae39db770.png

The top Creative world is the "default" - it has the normal ports, is visible on the LAN, etc. But the kids want a survival-only world, so I'm trying to set that up now that 1.18 is out.

With the above configuration, on the same home network, in Minecraft under "Play" -> "Friends" tab -> "LAN Games" heading, it shows the Creative server, but not the Survival one. To see the Survival server, I have to click over to the "Servers" tab, click on "Add Server" at the bottom and fill in the details (IP 10.0.0.10, port 19144). Once that's saved, I see the Survival server listed under the "Additional Servers" heading in the "Servers" tab, but it constantly says "Survival - Locating..." on the button. Nevertheless, if I click the button (still in the "Servers" tab) and click "Join server", it connects.

However...! If I go back to the "Friends" tab, I now see both the Creative and the Survival servers, but if I click on the Survival server, I get joined to the Creative server! :S It's not a copy of the Creative server either, but the actual Creative server—any changes such as block placement or player location are "carried over" and shown if I connect directly to the Creative server. Also, if I stop the Creative server's docker container, leaving the Survival server's container running, I can no longer connect to (what should be) the Survival server in the Friends tab.

Any ideas?

hmm def sounds like the minecraft bedrock client is getting very confused!, i think my recommendation would be to add both servers to the 'Servers' tab and use that to connect and ignore the 'Friends' tab completely, it looks like minecraft bedrock is not really designed for multi LAN servers, it MIGHT work if you were to allocate the servers different IP addresses, but ive not tested that.

On 11/12/2021 at 11:11 PM, SavageAUS said:

After lots of research i have come up empty handed.

My son would like mods added to this server.

I have no clue how, where or anything to do this.

He plays on an ipad / iphone so i would like to know if i can put mods on the server side and they work for him.

If i can where abouts do i get the mods from and where do i put them on my unraid server.

MC Bedrock doesn't really support the same mods mechanism that Java uses.  I believe they call them add-ons.

So the phone install process seems similar to the desktop process, but the difference seems to be who do you trust more/less.  You can pick sources from the Google Play store, but if you don't trust that option there's plenty of alternatives such as this:

This won't help you with the phone situation, but seems straight forward for desktop playing. 

Hey! I might be a bit noobish, but I'm going crazy over this, is there something special I have to do to enable port forwarding to this container? I set it as privileged, and set the router to open port forwarding routes to its adress and port, however when testing it, port seems to be closed while other ports setup the exact same way appear as open! Thanks!

I cant get this to work, I don't understand why I cant access the server once it's running. I'm pretty well versed in port forwarding, and I've tried both bridge, host and a separate br0-network connection.

I might be misunderstanding something here, but why is the template set up with port 19137 here? It's the same for the UDP-port.

image.thumb.png.37a30ed36faf61fcf30c86905339e867.png

EDIT: Removed the image and installed fresh from community applications and it's correctly showing 19132 again now. I still cant see the port working on canyouseeme.org though..

Here is my port-forward-rules on my Dream Machine:

image.thumb.png.610e890ec99935fd762a89305054cab7.png

Docker-settings:

image.thumb.png.778fd6ac76680afb6b78b355f7923ce4.png

Edited by Fredrick

I'm still unable to connect to my server, even when just telnet the local port it's timing out. 

I'm seeing this in the log, is it usual to have multiple ports listed here? The second one seems random as it's a different one any time i restart the container. 

image.png.6bb9f2151dec273bdee4f0c2a770d6e5.png

Edited by Fredrick
  • 1 month later...

been getting this error:

NO LOG FILE! - [] Failed to up file descriptor limit Operation not permitted
NO LOG FILE! - [] setting up server logging...
[2022-01-22 12:18:20:702 INFO] Starting Server
[2022-01-22 12:18:20:702 INFO] Version 1.18.2.03
[2022-01-22 12:18:20:702 INFO] Session ID 1afaab32-b2fe-4518-9117-b7bee205e37d
[2022-01-22 12:18:20:702 INFO] Level Name: Family Server
[2022-01-22 12:18:20:703 INFO] Game mode: 0 Survival
[2022-01-22 12:18:20:703 INFO] Difficulty: 1 EASY
[2022-01-22 12:18:21:823 INFO] opening worlds/Family Server/db
[2022-01-22 12:18:21:823 ERROR] DBStorage chain is invalid. Possibly encryption-related, or bad DBStorageConfig passed. Reason: Unable to decipher/decrypt LevelDB.
[2022-01-22 12:18:21:834 ERROR] Network port occupied, can't start server.

Edit: NVM... looks like a corrupt world :(

Edited by HynesJeff
  • 3 weeks later...

I opened an issue in your Github regarding  minor error the Bedrock-Server Docker. After thinking about it I thought it would make sense to write it here in the forum:

After looking through my logs I noticed that during the execution of the backups the script is not able to confirm the final command from the console: "save resume":

2022-02-08 17:24:52,102 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[info] Waiting for Minecraft console message 'Changes to the level are resumed', 5 retries left...

2022-02-08 17:25:02,109 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[info] Waiting for Minecraft console message 'Changes to the level are resumed', 4 retries left...

2022-02-08 17:25:12,115 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[info] Waiting for Minecraft console message 'Changes to the level are resumed', 3 retries left...

2022-02-08 17:25:22,122 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[info] Waiting for Minecraft console message 'Changes to the level are resumed', 2 retries left...

2022-02-08 17:25:32,129 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[info] Waiting for Minecraft console message 'Changes to the level are resumed', 1 retries left...

2022-02-08 17:25:42,135 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[warn] Minecraft console did not confirm message 'Changes to the level are resumed', giving up waiting...
[info] Minecraft worlds backup complete

Since the actual backup was successfull I ignored it for a while, but now after checking I found the issue:

The message that it is checking for "Changes to the level are resumed" has been changed with version 1.18.0.2 of BDS to "Changes to the world are resumed".

21 minutes ago, -MaNIaC- said:

I opened an issue in your Github regarding  minor error the Bedrock-Server Docker. After thinking about it I thought it would make sense to write it here in the forum:

After looking through my logs I noticed that during the execution of the backups the script is not able to confirm the final command from the console: "save resume":

2022-02-08 17:24:52,102 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[info] Waiting for Minecraft console message 'Changes to the level are resumed', 5 retries left...

2022-02-08 17:25:02,109 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[info] Waiting for Minecraft console message 'Changes to the level are resumed', 4 retries left...

2022-02-08 17:25:12,115 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[info] Waiting for Minecraft console message 'Changes to the level are resumed', 3 retries left...

2022-02-08 17:25:22,122 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[info] Waiting for Minecraft console message 'Changes to the level are resumed', 2 retries left...

2022-02-08 17:25:32,129 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[info] Waiting for Minecraft console message 'Changes to the level are resumed', 1 retries left...

2022-02-08 17:25:42,135 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[warn] Minecraft console did not confirm message 'Changes to the level are resumed', giving up waiting...
[info] Minecraft worlds backup complete

Since the actual backup was successfull I ignored it for a while, but now after checking I found the issue:

The message that it is checking for "Changes to the level are resumed" has been changed with version 1.18.0.2 of BDS to "Changes to the world are resumed".

thanks, change in and image built, please pull down new image.

• Thanks 2
On 12/20/2021 at 6:40 PM, Fredrick said:

I'm still unable to connect to my server, even when just telnet the local port it's timing out. 

I'm seeing this in the log, is it usual to have multiple ports listed here? The second one seems random as it's a different one any time i restart the container. 

image.png.6bb9f2151dec273bdee4f0c2a770d6e5.png

Hi @Fredrick

Did you manage to figured out why PF doesn't work?

@binhex don't you have a clue by any chance what might be wrong with port forwarding?

I do have similar issue: I'm not a big expert in the networking but all other services setup in a similar way (including the VPN server) works perfectly fine, when the only Minecraft server works only via LAN. Even via VPN it is shown as a server is unavailable.

Will be glad if anyone can share all sorts of ideas to test

4 hours ago, Snakesms said:

Hi @Fredrick

Did you manage to figured out why PF doesn't work?

@binhex don't you have a clue by any chance what might be wrong with port forwarding?

I do have similar issue: I'm not a big expert in the networking but all other services setup in a similar way (including the VPN server) works perfectly fine, when the only Minecraft server works only via LAN. Even via VPN it is shown as a server is unavailable.

Will be glad if anyone can share all sorts of ideas to test

i have port forwarding setup for this image myself and can get people to connect external to my home lan, here is a screenshot directly from my router (pfsense), nothing too exciting here, pretty much a standard port forward:-

NAT rule:-

image.thumb.png.e524378d37443f637f5be9875bd1f43d.png

firewall rule:-

image.thumb.png.f792771c319b160a3e766064963ee9cc.png

On 11/11/2019 at 10:02 AM, hartyparty said:

only problem im having is giving myself OP, even if cheats arent enabled shouldnt i be able to give myself operator role.

See the following reddit article, especially the heading 'Assign Operator Permissions', yes its a bit windows centric here but im pretty sure it will work the same on linux:-

Unfortunately this reddit doesn't seem to actually answer the question.  In making the Permissions file, all it says is to add [ ] to the file, nothing more.  a step by step process on how to add Operators to the server would be VERY much appreciated.

Please excuse my typing, as I am starting to go blind and reading / typing is getting MUCH more difficult.