[Support] binhex - MinecraftBedrockServer

4 hours ago, Draconicwraith said:

Unfortunately this reddit doesn't seem to actually answer the question.  In making the Permissions file, all it says is to add [ ] to the file, nothing more.  a step by step process on how to add Operators to the server would be VERY much appreciated.

Please excuse my typing, as I am starting to go blind and reading / typing is getting MUCH more difficult.

its fairly simple, let me see if i can break it down for you:-

1. start container and log in to server as the minecraft user you want to be the operator
  2. check log file /config/minecraft/logs/screen.log and make a note of the xuid value for the minecraft user
  3. create/edit file (use notepad++ NOT notepad) /config/minecraft/permissions.json and put the following contents in the file, replacing xuid with the value you found in step 2:-
  4. save the file and restart the container.
[
   {
      "permission" : "operator",
      "xuid" : "<my xuid number from step 2>"
   }
]
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I am having 2 issues that I need help with ASAP:

1)  I logged into my server, and the world had reset to essentially a brand new seed.  How can I restore from backup?

2)  I made a copy of the folder in appdata, then deleted it AND the docker + image.  When I reinstalled and went to the UI, I do NOT get asked to log in and I see this:

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.jpg

I seem to be having issues with two of the players on my server. Their inventory and levels are randomly disappearing and reappearing. I am having no issues with my account regardless of the platform (PC or mobile). They have gotten around the inventory issue by placing everything in chests before logging off. I have no idea where to begin troubleshooting this. Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

3 hours ago, HippieEngineer said:

Their inventory and levels are randomly disappearing and reappearing

that is VERY weird!, possibly a bug in minecraft, not sure whats triggering it as ive not seen this issue myself, might be worth asking on the official minecraft forums (assuming they have one somewhere).

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, Draconicwraith said:

How can I restore from backup?

assuming backups are turned on, then do the following:-

1. stop the container

2. rename/delete the folder containing the new world you dont want:- /config/minecraft/worlds/<foldername based on world name>

3. copy folder and subfolders from /config/minecraft/backups/<date of backup>/worlds/* to  /config/minecraft/worlds/

e.g.:-

cp -R /config/minecraft/backups/20220316-115540/worlds/* /config/minecraft/worlds/

4. start container.

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2021 at 1:12 PM, HemiStormtrooper said:

So I got the docker working and I can connect to it via our xbox's.  If anyone knows how to get our original world off of our xbox and onto the docker, that would be awesome.

Thanks.

Probably too late for you, but here's how to get it off an xbox.

Owner (xbox):

1. Start a realms account.
  2. Create a new world.
  3. In the created world settings, upload your local world to the newly created world.

Owner (pc):

1. Download your world from realms.
  2. Export your world (save to the PC)

Unraid:
TDB, working on this as I speak

EDIT:
Found a website with what I just figured out on my own... sigh
https://shockbyte.com/billing/knowledgebase/175/How-to-Export-and-Upload-a-Custom-World-to-Your-Bedrock-Server.html

Edited by rcketscientist
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2022 at 4:53 AM, HippieEngineer said:

I seem to be having issues with two of the players on my server. Their inventory and levels are randomly disappearing and reappearing. I am having no issues with my account regardless of the platform (PC or mobile). They have gotten around the inventory issue by placing everything in chests before logging off. I have no idea where to begin troubleshooting this. Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

I had the same very strange error.  Inventory disappearing/reappearing, but structures built or blocks placed being preserved. 

I read on a different forum that it was caused by the server sometimes using your offline local account, and other times using your online Microsoft account. 

I changed "online-mode=true" back to true (the default) from false in the server.properties.

I had switched it to "false" because otherwise I had to fully quit the MineCraft on XBox each time for me to login without authentication errors. A small price to pay to prevent losing your new Diamond boots with five enchants disappearing after logging back in. 

On my server the server.properties file is located in /mnt/user/appdaa/binhex-minecraftbedrockserver/minecraft/

online-mode=true
# If true then all connected players must be authenticated to Xbox Live.
# Clients connecting to remote (non-LAN) servers will always require Xbox Live authentication regardless of this setting.
# If the server accepts connections from the Internet, then it's highly recommended to enable online-mode.
# Allowed values: "true" or "false"

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, bmac6996 said:

Figured it out.  If anyone needs to know, it's adding the version number at the end of the docker name

like so:

"binhex/arch-minecraftbedrockserver:1.18.33.02-01"

I tried that and my docker disappeared and it failed. Have a screenshot of this?

Also, is there a way to keep the docker from installing beta versions of Bedrock? Kiddo and I prefer to run the non-beta releases, and since there is a version mismatch, we can't play currently.

Edit: I figured it out. Found the version number here https://github.com/binhex/arch-minecraftbedrockserver/actions and then updated the name like you said. When I tried it I was missing the last .xx-xx portion. Thank you!

Edited by DarthLlama

Any particular reason this image pulls alpha while the original uses stable?  It was reliable for me; didn't even realize that for a while.  But now that clients and servers went out-of-sync, I'm left wondering if there's other risks mixing alpha servers and stable clients, even when they're "compatible".

Any particular reason this image pulls alpha while the original uses stable?  It was reliable for me; didn't even realize that for a while.  But now that clients and servers went out-of-sync, I'm left wondering if there's other risks mixing alpha servers and stable clients, even when they're "compatible".
See text in red from the official Minecraft server website:- https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/download/server/bedrock/

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, binhex said:

See text in red from the official Minecraft server website:- https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/download/server/bedrock/

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Well, if that isn't the oddest, most mind-boggling business decision I've ever seen...

BTW, the docker description does say "alpha", which is why I thought it was an issue with the image.  If this is just a one-off bonkers decision by Mojang, maybe update the docker description?

14 minutes ago, rcketscientist said:

Well, if that isn't the oddest, most mind-boggling business decision I've ever seen...

BTW, the docker description does say "alpha", which is why I thought it was an issue with the image.  If this is just a one-off bonkers decision by Mojang, maybe update the docker description?

i guess i can delete the tag or change it perhaps, i was also shocked when i saw it!, leave it with me and i will have a think of the best way forward.

Sorry for the noob question.

Current server version is 1.19.10-beta20. My son's PC client version is 1.19.0. When he tries to log in, he gets the error "Could not connect: outdated client!".

How do I specify a server version that matches his client version? How do you keep these in sync?

I saw this tags page so I tried to input 1.19-01 as part of the repo. So I entered "binhex/arch-minecraftbedrockserver:1.19-01" as the repository, but then the docker fails. I get this error in the Update Container page: "docker: Error response from daemon: manifest for binhex/arch-minecraftbedrockserver:1.19-01 not found: manifest unknown: manifest unknown."

Is my syntax wrong? Is this not the right way to specify a specific version?

I searched (a bunch) for the answers but just couldn't find what I needed. Thanks!

Or should I not be using Bedrock version? 

Edited by caseyparsons
18 hours ago, caseyparsons said:

Sorry for the noob question.

Current server version is 1.19.10-beta20. My son's PC client version is 1.19.0. When he tries to log in, he gets the error "Could not connect: outdated client!".

How do I specify a server version that matches his client version? How do you keep these in sync?

I saw this tags page so I tried to input 1.19-01 as part of the repo. So I entered "binhex/arch-minecraftbedrockserver:1.19-01" as the repository, but then the docker fails. I get this error in the Update Container page: "docker: Error response from daemon: manifest for binhex/arch-minecraftbedrockserver:1.19-01 not found: manifest unknown: manifest unknown."

Is my syntax wrong? Is this not the right way to specify a specific version?

I searched (a bunch) for the answers but just couldn't find what I needed. Thanks!

Or should I not be using Bedrock version? 

PC is java so incorrect server version

56 minutes ago, caseyparsons said:

but to play from his PC he has to connect to a different server?

that depends on which version he is running on his pc, is he running minecraft java (downloaded from mojang) or is he running minecraft bedrock (downloaded from the microsoft store)?, if its from the ms store then it will connect to the bedrock server.

So, how can I connect to my server from PS4? I'm only setting this up for my kids locally on LAN. We don't have PS Plus, only PS Now (which Nintendo will convert to PS Plus soon). I don't have a LAN section in the Friends tab on PS4.

Edited by kaffesugen
spelling
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anybody figured out a way to add a Cloudflare SSL cert to this Minecraft container for purposes of proxying the external facing IP? Is so how did you accomplish it? If it cannot be done this way than what are the best practices for securing an external facing Minecraft server?

3 hours ago, dabbler455 said:

Has anybody figured out a way to add a Cloudflare SSL cert to this Minecraft container for purposes of proxying the external facing IP? Is so how did you accomplish it? If it cannot be done this way than what are the best practices for securing an external facing Minecraft server?

Where did you see in the documentation for minecraft bedrock server that it supports ssl encryption via a certificate?