[Support] binhex - MinecraftBedrockServer

Overview: Support for Docker image arch-minecraftbedrockserver in the binhex repo.

Application: MinecraftServer - https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/download/server/bedrock

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-minecraftbedrockserver/

GitHub: https://github.com/binhex/arch-minecraftbedrockserver

Documentation: https://github.com/binhex/documentation

If you appreciate my work, then please consider buying me a beer 😁

btn_donate_SM.gif&key=57f6b617e37a194c35

For other Docker support threads and requests, news and Docker template support for the binhex repository please use the "General" thread here

• Thanks 1

If you have installed Minecraft from the Microsoft Store, using an Android device (Minecraft Pocket Edition) or Xbox One then you need to use this Docker image:-

If you have installed Minecraft Java Edition then you need to use this Docker image:--

Edited by binhex
1 hour ago, Twisted said:

@binhex Thank you so much for putting this together!

1. Has anyone had any issues with the server.properties file not updating the game?
  2. Has anyone found a way to restore a backup from a MCWORLD file?

Not sure about your first question - maybe you need to restart the server?

I think a MCWORLD file is just a .zip file - change the extension and unzip it.  It *should* create a folder with stuff like level.dat inside it.  This is the world folder you want in the appdata/binhex-minecraftbedrockserver/minecraft/worlds folder.

I would change the folder name to whatever's in the levelname.txt file, and then in the server.properties file look for level-name= and make sure the same name as your folder is used there.

Hope that helps, let me know

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, BoxOfSnoo said:

Not sure about your first question - maybe you need to restart the server?

I think a MCWORLD file is just a .zip file - change the extension and unzip it.  It *should* create a folder with stuff like level.dat inside it.  This is the world folder you want in the appdata/binhex-minecraftbedrockserver/minecraft/worlds folder.

I would change the folder name to whatever's in the levelname.txt file, and then in the server.properties file look for level-name= and make sure the same name as your folder is used there.

Hope that helps, let me know

1. It looks like it does update the basic game settings, but it will not update the seed number.

2. That worked perfect!

I am now up and running!!!! I will miss controlling the weather and time of day, but it is nice to have a hosted file I can share on all my devices. Thank you so much for the help, I greatly appreciate it.

1. It looks like it does update the basic game settings, but it will not update the seed number.
2. That worked perfect!

I am now up and running!!!! I will miss controlling the weather and time of day, but it is nice to have a hosted file I can share on all my devices. Thank you so much for the help, I greatly appreciate it.
For controlling the weather and time of day I think you need to turn cheats on, see the server. properties file

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Twisted said:

2. That worked perfect!

I think the seed number is just for generating the world in the first place.  If there is a world, it probably won't use that.  I just comment it out when I have an imported world.

2 hours ago, hartyparty said:

only problem im having is giving myself OP, even if cheats arent enabled shouldnt i be able to give myself operator role.

See the following reddit article, especially the heading 'Assign Operator Permissions', yes its a bit windows centric here but im pretty sure it will work the same on linux:-

https://www.reddit.com/user/ProfessorValko/comments/9f438p/bedrock_dedicated_server_tutorial/

On 11/11/2019 at 12:09 AM, binhex said:

For controlling the weather and time of day I think you need to turn cheats on, see the server. properties file

Unfortunately that does not turn on the feature. When you create a new world in Windows 10 with cheats off, you can change the weather and time. It might not be an option when hosting a file.

Unfortunately that does not turn on the feature. When you create a new world in Windows 10 with cheats off, you can change the weather and time. It might not be an option when hosting a file.

That works for me when I am using Xbox one or Minecraft PE and this container.

I am also an operator so perhaps it is the combination of both

2 hours ago, Twisted said:

Like @binhex said, you must turn yourself into a server OP or give yourself the privileges but my latest information on the bedrock servers are that the permission system is not implemented yet.

Hello,
Still pretty new to unraid and docker, but am slowly working my way through.

I am having trouble connecting to the bedrock server. I think it may be because of UDP/TCP ports. I have tried a few different settings, but I am at a lose.

I am simply trying to run the Bedrock server on my LAN. When I run a LAN game from my Win 10 machine, all the other clients (Xbox, other PC's) can see the server under the "Friends >LAN GAMES"  tab in Minecraft and can connect to it. So I guess its not a LAN specific issue.

But with the bedrock server, none of the clients can see the Server game. This leads me to think its the way I have setup the Docker. But I may be mistaken.

My config is in the screen caps below. Any ideas how I can fix this? or perhaps a resource that I could read to learn more?

Many Thanks

firefox_mvOIHQC2yr.png

firefox_o2ZJPBZ2Qa.png

9 hours ago, thefrankcorp said:

I am simply trying to run the Bedrock server on my LAN. When I run a LAN game from my Win 10 machine, all the other clients (Xbox, other PC's) can see the server under the "Friends >LAN GAMES"  tab in Minecraft and can connect to it. So I guess its not a LAN specific issue.

your config looks fine to me, i myself am running this image in exactly the same way and can connect via xbox one and minecraft pe. 

do you have any vlan's setup or pfsense or something similar which might be blocking connections?.

On 11/12/2019 at 3:57 AM, ich777 said:

Like @binhex said, you must turn yourself into a server OP or give yourself the privileges but my latest information on the bedrock servers are that the permission system is not implemented yet.

Is there a way to change only your permissions and not all players?

default-player-permission-level=member
# Permission level for new players joining for the first time.
# Allowed values: "visitor", "member", "operator"

9 hours ago, Twisted said:

Is there a way to change only your permissions and not all players?

yes, create a /config/permissions.json file, edit it and add your xuid and grant yourself whatever permissions you need, e.g.:-

[
    {
        "permission": "operator","xuid": "1234567812345567"
    }
]

players xuid value should be shown in the /config/supervisord.log file when you connect to the world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 11/14/2019 at 6:29 AM, binhex said:

yes, create a /config/permissions.json file, edit it and add your xuid and grant yourself whatever permissions you need, e.g.:-

[
    {
        "permission": "operator","xuid": "1234567812345567"
    }
]

players xuid value should be shown in the /config/supervisord.log file when you connect to the world.

I already have a permissions.json file in the main folder, so I added the code and replace xuid with my gamer tag and nothing happened. Am I doing something wrong?

10 minutes ago, Twisted said:

I already have a permissions.json file in the main folder, so I added the code and replace xuid with my gamer tag and nothing happened. Am I doing something wrong?

Yes, your xuid is not your gamer tag.

When you join the server, check the log, it will show you your xuid. Put that in instead.

9 minutes ago, BoxOfSnoo said:

On the docker tab, at the very right side of the row.

ok. I thought there was a separate log in the Minecraft files. I updated the above code and replaced xuid with my ID and I am getting the following error.

ERROR] xuid or permission missing from permissions file: permissions.json

1 minute ago, Twisted said:

ok. I thought there was a separate log in the Minecraft files. I updated the above code and replaced xuid with my ID and I am getting the following error.

ERROR] xuid or permission missing from permissions file: permissions.json

Probably some malformed json.  Let's see your file?