[Support] binhex - MinecraftBedrockServer

@BoxOfSnoo Thank you! Sorry, I don't know how I missed that. I was a little too excited to finally have this up and running.

1. It now says I am an operator, but when I open the chat, the controls to change the weather and time are no longer there. Did they move them in the latest update?
  2. It also takes about 5 to 10 seconds to load the world. Everything starts with clear walls. Is that a server resource issue? I am running 32 GB, with 8 GB dedicated to the system and Dockers. I have the Minecraft server running on a single core with the OS and the Windows 10 VM on the other three.

image.png.aadf8dfd7958b6e8dd687b49f16ba573.png

Edited by Twisted
16 hours ago, Twisted said:

@BoxOfSnoo Thank you! Sorry, I don't know how I missed that. I was a little too excited to finally have this up and running.

1. It now says I am an operator, but when I open the chat, the controls to change the weather and time are no longer there. Did they move them in the latest update?
  2. It also takes about 5 to 10 seconds to load the world. Everything starts with clear walls. Is that a server resource issue? I am running 32 GB, with 8 GB dedicated to the system and Dockers. I have the Minecraft server running on a single core with the OS and the Windows 10 VM on the other three.

image.png.aadf8dfd7958b6e8dd687b49f16ba573.png

I'm not sure about the rest.  I haven't seen those options.  Do you need to have cheats on for those options?

Also no idea about #2.  Resource pack, maybe?  I would try changing the server.properties to point at the other level that was initially installed and see if it all works correctly.

• Thanks 1

@BoxOfSnoo Thanks for the tips!

1. I tried turning on cheats again and it worked. I think what happened was it didn't work the first time I tried because I was not an operator yet.

2. I am still testing this one. I am not sure why my RAM is showing 84% utilization when I have 8 GB dedicated to the Unraid OS and Dockers. Maybe I need to test taking some RAM away from my Windows 10 VM and see if that helps.

Okay, I have a few questions. Is it possible to host this as a server, and reverse proxy it so that you can play locally, and online with friends (Locally 2 Xbox ones, and a Windows 10 PC, remote 4 Windows 10 PCs)? Any extra set up needed for this? I am currently running letsencrypt for a reverse proxy, but there wasn't any pre-made config files for Minecraft. 

Okay, I have a few questions. Is it possible to host this as a server, and reverse proxy it so that you can play locally, and online with friends (Locally 2 Xbox ones, and a Windows 10 PC, remote 4 Windows 10 PCs)? Any extra set up needed for this? I am currently running letsencrypt for a reverse proxy, but there wasn't any pre-made config files for Minecraft. 
Reverse proxy, I don't know, forward proxy yes, as I'm doing just that.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, binhex said:

Reverse proxy, I don't know, forward proxy yes, as I'm doing just that.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Okay, now you confussed me lol. So my end goal is to host the Minecraft server where I can access it locally to my network, be able to play it on my 2 xbox ones, and also be able to share the server with some friends in other cities who will be playing either one Windows 10 or Xbox one. So what is the difference between a reverse and forward proxy? How do you have yours set up? Can you play it outside of your local network? Are you using Public IP address or a domain name to connect to it, if you can play outside of your network?

if you setup a port forward on your router for the minecraft server then external minecraft clients will be also able to connect to it, the exception to this is xbox one, which will only connect to the minecraft server on the same lan, there is to my knowledge no way around this, short of paying for a 'realm', as you cannnot add external ip addresses to the minecraft server list on the xbox one version of minecraft.

On 11/18/2019 at 8:36 PM, binhex said:

he exception to this is xbox one, which will only connect to the minecraft server on the same lan, there is to my knowledge no way around this, short of paying for a 'realm', as you cannnot add external ip addresses to the minecraft server list on the xbox one version of minecraft.

actually it looks like there is way of doing this by using 'phantom' this piece of software in essence makes a minecraft server appear like its running on the remote users lan, when in reality its actually running over the internet, pretty cool hu!.

so for this to work each remote user running xbox one minecraft would have to install, configure and run phantom, configuration should be as simple as specifying the public ip for the user running the minecraft server (port forwarding would also have to be in place for this to work).

link to phantom:- https://github.com/jhead/phantom

Edited by binhex
50 minutes ago, themightygeckoe said:

I am getting a microsoft authentication error and saw that one of the fixes was to change the online flag to false but I cannot figure out how to edit the server.properties file in unraid. How can I do that?

find out your host path for /config and then open the file /config/minecraft/server.properties with something like notepad++, edit the line and save the file and restart the container.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the binhex java minecraft server running nicely for the kids - and i would like to try and set this up as well, so that their friends can connect with other platforms.  Is there anything to running bedrock and java versions simultaneously in containers? And would it be recommended way to do the port forwarding in this case?

I always thought that minecraft java just needed port 25565, but see here it says some more ports, unless that is for the windows 10 minecraft.  

https://portforward.com/minecraft/

5 hours ago, LifeBasher said:

Is there a way to update the server version manually or you guys have to create an update for the container?

you can either press the 'check for updates' button and then if there is an update click on the 'force update' orange text for the docker container, or simply instlal the 'CA Application Auto Update' plugin and let it do it do the updates for you automatically.

On 12/8/2019 at 6:17 PM, FrozenGamer said:

I have the binhex java minecraft server running nicely for the kids - and i would like to try and set this up as well, so that their friends can connect with other platforms.  Is there anything to running bedrock and java versions simultaneously in containers? And would it be recommended way to do the port forwarding in this case?

I always thought that minecraft java just needed port 25565, but see here it says some more ports, unless that is for the windows 10 minecraft.  

https://portforward.com/minecraft/

yep you can def run both simultaneously, they use different ports too so you wont get a conflict.

the minecraftserver (java) needs port 25565 forwarding, the minecraftbedrockserver needs ports 19132 (tcp and udp) and 19133 (tcp and udp) forwarding.

1 hour ago, binhex said:

you can either press the 'check for updates' button and then if there is an update click on the 'force update' orange text for the docker container, or simply instlal the 'CA Application Auto Update' plugin and let it do it do the updates for you automatically.

Mmmm i know how to update the ducker but my question was if there is a way to update the file from the server when theres an update like yesterday without having you to do all the work for us to update it.... And thx for that update

15 minutes ago, LifeBasher said:

if there is a way to update the file from the server

which file?, if what you are after is to get the latest version of minecraft bedrock server then you simply do what i said in the last post, e.g. the newly released 'bees' addition for instance.

edit - i THINK what you are asking is, can you do the upgrade yourself?, the simple answer is no, you would have to wait for me to update the docker image and for you to then pull it down, this is fully automated mind you and thus the time gap between mojang releasing and you getting the update should be less than 24 hours.

Edited by binhex
54 minutes ago, binhex said:

which file?, if what you are after is to get the latest version of minecraft bedrock server then you simply do what i said in the last post, e.g. the newly released 'bees' addition for instance.

edit - i THINK what you are asking is, can you do the upgrade yourself?, the simple answer is no, you would have to wait for me to update the docker image and for you to then pull it down, this is fully automated mind you and thus the time gap between mojang releasing and you getting the update should be less than 24 hours.

Mmmm yeah i was talking about upgrading to the latest version but as u said u normally do the upgrade in less than 24h so they can just wait 😛 thx for all you do.

• Like 1

Is there any way to create a code to let xbox user join the real? because i cant find a way for the to add it except by this way but i cant find how to create one......

and if its by the console i still havent find the way to use it.... it seems that im really bad :S

and does any 1 know how to activate coordinate? 🤔 Sorry for all those question 😞

Edited by LifeBasher
12 hours ago, LifeBasher said:

Is there any way to create a code to let xbox user join the real?

err im not sure what that means, what code? join the real?, do you mean realm?, if so this is not a realm, its a self hosted minecraft server, the two are different.

because i cant find a way for the to add it except by this way

what way?

and does any 1 know how to activate coordinate?

i dont know if this is possible or not with xbox version of minecraft, maybe somebody else can chip in here.

2 hours ago, binhex said:

err im not sure what that means, what code? join the real?, do you mean realm?, if so this is not a realm, its a self hosted minecraft server, the two are different.

what way?

i dont know if this is possible or not with xbox version of minecraft, maybe somebody else can chip in here.

Ok yes it was a realm sorry didnt see that the m didnt write 😞

then second question is: is there a way to add this server to a xbox minecraft? 

and thx for the coordinate :-