[Support] binhex - MinecraftBedrockServer

Ok, I know I'm a n00b, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make myself op. I read that you can look at the log and get your id.....so I'll attach my log.

I open the console, but I can't figure out what to type to allow me to start entering minecraft commands. I thought "op (username)" was a command......I'm probably wrong.

I was able to get into the console, get my player id and make myself an op. If anyone else is looking for this answer because they are a noob like me, I just opened a terminal window and typed "docker exec -u nobody -it binhex-minecraftbedrockserver screen -r minecraft"

On 3/27/2020 at 9:12 AM, binhex said:

now done, ive added screen to the docker image and its built so please pull down the latest image.

to connect via screen run the following:-

docker exec -u nobody -it <container name> screen -r minecraft

to disconnect from the session without exiting the server:-

Press CTRL+a and then release keys and press d

While this mostly works pretty well (unless you don't detach properly and then you have to force a detach first `screen -dr`) it'd be nice if there were a way to include a direct option like the console or WebUI.

Does it hurt anything to run the docker in host mode?

I had a terrible time trying to get my friends from outside the local network in.

I rebooted my router several times and then switched the docker to host mode. I'm not sure if the router reboots fixed the issue or switching to host mode did. All I know is suddenly my friends can join.

I tried a couple websites to see if port 19132 is open, those sites report the port is closed. But my friends can join now so obviously it is open.

Is there a reliable way to check to see if a port is open to the server? I'm running eero routers, maybe they are the issue? idk.

7 hours ago, digitaljock said:

While this mostly works pretty well (unless you don't detach properly and then you have to force a detach first `screen -dr`) it'd be nice if there were a way to include a direct option like the console or WebUI.

not possible without a MASSIVE amount of bloat added to the image, which im afraid im not going to do.

7 hours ago, joecool169 said:

Does it hurt anything to run the docker in host mode?

nope that is ok to do this BUT i must say its not required to get external connections workking, i can connect to my minecraft server remotely using Minecraft PE on my android phone whilst using 3G/4G with the container set to bridge.

Edited by binhex

First of all I want to say thank you for this and your other docker containers.

Second I'm wondering if I may get some more info. About once every 24 hours my server becomes unjoinable. The docker is still running but no one can join the server. I restart the docker and all is well again. Where do I begin looking to troubleshoot this issue?

Ok. So, this is probably super noob question, but, after changing the gamemode to creative in server.properties file in /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-minecraftbedrockserver, and then rebooting the docker container, when connecting to the game, it seems to still be in survival mode on the game clients. If someone here could help me with this, then I'd be most appreciative as I have no clue where to go from here.

Also, if it helps, I can change other values and see those reflected in the client. For example, changing the number of allowed users to any value will show the updated value after rebooting the server and connecting to it with a client.

Edited by CaptainCopSuey
5 hours ago, CaptainCopSuey said:

Ok. So, this is probably super noob question, but, after changing the gamemode to creative in server.properties file in /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-minecraftbedrockserver, and then rebooting the docker container, when connecting to the game, it seems to still be in survival mode on the game clients. If someone here could help me with this, then I'd be most appreciative as I have no clue where to go from here.

Also, if it helps, I can change other values and see those reflected in the client. For example, changing the number of allowed users to any value will show the updated value after rebooting the server and connecting to it with a client.

You must einable cheats and then the OP has to set each individual client to creative: '/gamemode 0 USERNAME' from within the game or the server console itself.

Entering Command line Info

I have been able to connect to the console and used the following command: docker exec -u nobody -it binhex-minecraftbedrockserver screen -r minecraft

I was able to grab my xuid and change to the permissions file. However, using the window opened by "docker exec -u nobody -it binhex-minecraftbedrockserver screen -r minecraft' I was unable to run commands.  Such as: 'permissions reload'

QUESTION: Any idea how I can run commands from the the command line?

Edited by dubbly
Clarification based on updated info
On 4/9/2020 at 10:10 PM, CaptainCopSuey said:

edit the server properties file to say "allow-cheats=true"

Restart server

In bedrock open chat and type /gamemode c "player name" 

No quotes just the player name. s replaces c to go back to survival.

Edited by joecool169
added a little detail
On 4/11/2020 at 11:37 AM, dubbly said:

Entering Command line Info

I have been able to connect to the console and used the following command: docker exec -u nobody -it binhex-minecraftbedrockserver screen -r minecraft

I was able to grab my xuid and change to the permissions file. However, using the window opened by "docker exec -u nobody -it binhex-minecraftbedrockserver screen -r minecraft' I was unable to run commands.  Such as: 'permissions reload'

QUESTION: Any idea how I can run commands from the the command line?

Idk about permissions reload, I didn't know that was a command. I have used the op command from the server console and it worked fine. I usually find it easier to op myself and then do things in game. But it did take me a bit to figure out how to do these things.

2 hours ago, joecool169 said:

Idk about permissions reload, I didn't know that was a command. I have used the op command from the server console and it worked fine. I usually find it easier to op myself and then do things in game. But it did take me a bit to figure out how to do these things.

**Solved**

This is what I am doing:

1. Click on the binhex-minecraftbedrockserver icon from my unraid gui

2. Click on console from the dropdown list. Console pops up and I see "sh-5.0#"

3. Try to enter commands such as alwaysday, tp, list, and others.  I get "command not found"

4.  Using Help shows me items that are not mincraft related

Nevermind:

I solve my own confusion.  I can't use the console opened up by clicking on the Minecraft server docker.  Need to use the Unraid console and enter "docker exec -u nobody -it binhex-minecraftbedrockserver screen -r minecraft" and then had to understand that the commands entered complete without any visual feedback on the console.

Edited by dubbly
  • Like 1
On 3/27/2020 at 12:12 PM, binhex said:

now done, ive added screen to the docker image and its built so please pull down the latest image.

to connect via screen run the following:-

docker exec -u nobody -it <container name> screen -r minecraft

to disconnect from the session without exiting the server:-

Press CTRL+a and then release keys and press d

When in console and I type docker exec -u nobody -it binhex-minecraftbedrockserver screen -r minecraft I get docker: command not found.

Not sure how I messed that up.

9 minutes ago, Mobious said:

When in console

im suspecting you are connecting directly to the containers console (left click minecraft icon/console) NOT the unraid hosts console (shown as 'terminal'). you need to do this from the unraid 'terminal' or ssh to the unraid host via something like putty.

8 hours ago, binhex said:

im suspecting you are connecting directly to the containers console (left click minecraft icon/console) NOT the unraid hosts console (shown as 'terminal'). you need to do this from the unraid 'terminal' or ssh to the unraid host via something like putty.

Thank you that did the trick.

One last problem that I couldnt find the solution for in this thread.. I am trying to host it so external users can access it. I currently use pfSense as my router and I did set up port forwarding for 19132 TCP/UDP to point to my server but for some reason I cant connect. In the docker I've tried using a bridge connection that uses the same IP as my Unraid server and a custom proxy that my Plex server uses but setup a different IP.

Also, In the console when I started the server it couldn't local Server.properties. I was however able to connect to the server local on the LAN.

btw thank you for the help!

Edited by Mobious
16 minutes ago, Mobious said:

Thank you that did the trick.

One last problem that I couldnt find the solution for in this thread.. I am trying to host it so external users can access it. I currently use pfSense as my router and I did set up port forwarding for 19132 TCP/UDP to point to my server but for some reason I cant connect. In the docker I've tried using a bridge connection that uses the same IP as my Unraid server and a custom proxy that my Plex server uses but setup a different IP.

Also, In the console when I started the server it couldn't local Server.properties. I was however able to connect to the server local on the LAN.

btw thank you for the help!

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 3.27.05 PM.png