[Support] binhex - MinecraftBedrockServer

47 minutes ago, Spazhead said:

what are you using to remote connect? 

I used my  iphone in LTE mode but had to enable Allow cellular inside Minecraft settings for it to connect to my server..

I was trying to connect with Minecraft for Windows 10. It can connect locally, I just created a new entry using my external IP address.

2 hours ago, Mobious said:

I was trying to connect with Minecraft for Windows 10. It can connect locally, I just created a new entry using my external IP address.

that won't work, you have to use an external ip...   either tether your pc to your phone LTE or get a friend to login to your minecraft server.

or you can PM me your ip and i can log into your server  tp test

42 minutes ago, Spazhead said:

that won't work, you have to use an external ip...   either tether your pc to your phone LTE or get a friend to login to your minecraft server.

or you can PM me your ip and i can log into your server  tp test

Ah so you cant connect to a server that is on your local network from an external ip?

I'm trying to set up both a survival and creative server dockers.  I'm able to get into the Survival docker at port 19132 on Android and iOS.  My issue is that I can't get into the Creative docker at port 19134 on either Android or iOS.  Do see anything wrong with my port mappings?

image.thumb.png.112b3c319c08ca2c1cb88a421db0e77b.png

On 4/15/2020 at 12:53 PM, ugp said:

All the clients are being updated to 1.14.60 as of a few hours ago. Any idea how long it takes for the server to be updated?

Here for this. Both kids W10 machines updated to 1.14.60 and couldn't access the server today.  

Edited by Bentunit
7 hours ago, joecool169 said:

Me too, need update, can't play

hi guys, im having ongoing issues with a newly built base image, still not sure what the cause of the issue is yet, but for now i've worked around the issue by re-tagging an older working base image, so please check for a new image in the next 2 hours.

just to be clear this is an unusual event and images are normally built soon after app release automatically.

2 hours ago, binhex said:

hi guys, im having ongoing issues with a newly built base image, still not sure what the cause of the issue is yet, but for now i've worked around the issue by re-tagging an older working base image, so please check for a new image in the next 2 hours.

just to be clear this is an unusual event and images are normally built soon after app release automatically.

Thank you very much. First time going thru an update and had no idea. I had looked at previous builds and they all had seemed to come out at the same date as the updates.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, binhex said:

Thank you for your hard work!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, binhex said:

Thanks for the awesome images and work!!  This update will make the neighborhood kids happy when they get out of “stay at home school“. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, binhex said:

have you tried simply copying the resource pack to /config/minecraft/resource_packs/

Hello,

Yes thank you for responding.

After having my wold working well and being able to use it for a week, as well as set op permissions in the server.properties file and permissions.json As all worked well i wanted a texture pack applied. I am using Ipads and Iphones.

What I tried was the following:

1) Downloaded Flow 128x128 from this link: https://mcpedl.com/flows-hd/

2) Copied this (unzipped) into appdata/binhex-minecraftbedrockserver/minecraft/resource_packs/flows

3) Also copied into appdata/binhex-minecraftbedrockserver/minecraft/worlds/Bedrock%20level/resource_packs/flows

4) Edited valid_known_packs.json (appdata/binhex-minecraftbedrockserver/minecraft) and added following text:

{
        "file_system" : "RawPath",
        "path" : "resource_packs/flows",
        "uuid" : "b78f3052-485c-3e4d-9750-24f50529bd20",
        "version" : "0.0.1"
    },

5) created file world_resource_packs.json (appdata/binhex-minecraftbedrockserver/minecraft/worlds/Bedrock%20level) and added text:

{
    "pack_id" : "b78f3052-485c-3e4d-9750-24f50529bd20",
    "version" : [ 0, 0, 1 ]
}

6) Edited server.properties and changed texturepack-required=true

7) Restarted docker. No invalid resource pack file was generated so assume it didnt find an issue. However no textures are applied to world :(

Pete

A second issue is i want to run a command at each hour using userscripts plugin.

eg script:

#!/bin/bash
docker exec -u nobody -it binhex-minecraftbedrockserver screen -r minecraft
say Daily Objectives
say Example text.

When I run this script manually by typing each command via ssh its no problem, but with userscripts it says:

Script location: /tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/MC message/script
Note that closing this window will abort the execution of this script
the input device is not a TTY

Any ideas how to get around that?

Pete

2 hours ago, PeteAsking said:

5) created file world_resource_packs.json (appdata/binhex-minecraftbedrockserver/minecraft/worlds/Bedrock%20level) and added text:

{
}

hey pete,  i did what you did above and it worked for me, but notice you don't have the square brackets above, should be

[

{
}

]

easy to forget these

18 minutes ago, Spazhead said:

hey pete,  i did what you did above and it worked for me, but notice you don't have the square brackets above, should be

[

{
}

]

easy to forget these

thanks for finding my error :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :). It got me further. When I join now it says "encountered a problem when downloading or applying resource packs" but I will try a different pack and see what happens :)

Edited by PeteAsking

No worries,

Although I am further I have tried 4 different texture packs and they all say error when trying to join the server if they are enabled so Im getting stuck again. not sure what to do at this point.

With regards to sending a docker command on a schedule I am also stuck. I dont know enough about how docer works to come up with a solution.

I tried " docker exec -u nobody -it binhex-minecraftbedrockserver echo say a "

but that doesnt attach into the minecraft server and send the command "say a" as a test so not sure where to go on that either :(

Im kind of stuck on both things :(

Edited by PeteAsking