[Support] binhex - MinecraftBedrockServer

4 hours ago, PeteAsking said:

No worries,

Although I am further I have tried 4 different texture packs and they all say error when trying to join the server if they are enabled so Im getting stuck again. not sure what to do at this point.

With regards to sending a docker command on a schedule I am also stuck. I dont know enough about how docer works to come up with a solution.

I tried " docker exec -u nobody -it binhex-minecraftbedrockserver echo say a "

but that doesnt attach into the minecraft server and send the command "say a" as a test so not sure where to go on that either :(

Im kind of stuck on both things :(

could you post your valid_known_packs.json & world_resource_packs.json files

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Spazhead said:

could you post your valid_known_packs.json & world_resource_packs.json files

Thank you for replying.

The valid_known_packs.json is:

[

{
        "file_version" : 2
    },

{
        "file_system" : "RawPath",
        "from_disk" : true,
        "hashes" : [ "Krp0d+rUQaMN7Fga6zR9E537Mq7886Ug5uc5jZ6rrtY=" ],
        "path" : "behavior_packs/test_vanilla_1.12",
        "uuid" : "fe9f8597-5454-481a-8730-8d070a8e2e58",
        "version" : "1.12.0"
    },

{
        "hashes" : [ "eXfv8iE4OrPS1JqPcwWsRYk+cPbaLekgeTJHOglsdrk=" ],
        "path" : "behavior_packs/test_vanilla_1.11",
        "version" : "1.11.0"
    },

{
        "path" : "behavior_packs/vanilla_experimental",
        "uuid" : "47db1a44-55b4-4d4e-aa0f-d5de6206a0fd",
        "version" : "0.0.1"
    },

{
        "path" : "behavior_packs/chemistry",
        "uuid" : "6baf8b62-8948-4c99-bb1e-a0cb35dc4579",
        "version" : "1.0.0"
    },

{
        "path" : "behavior_packs/vanilla_1.14",
        "version" : "1.14.0"
    },

{
        "path" : "resource_packs/chemistry",
        "uuid" : "0fba4063-dba1-4281-9b89-ff9390653530",
        "version" : "1.0.0"
    },

{
        "path" : "behavior_packs/vanilla",
    },

{
        "path" : "resource_packs/vanilla",
        "uuid" : "0575c61f-a5da-4b7f-9961-ffda2908861e",
    },

{
        "path" : "resource_packs/asc",
        "uuid" : "24be3ebb-d919-4a27-8ea0-ba8cd2c8dc16",
        "version" : "1.0.8"
    },

{
        "hashes" : [ "98YoEzsGaad6DuX5agNBZbntKbGNEBr1nPKX5D8giy8=" ],
        "path" : "resource_packs/flows",
        "uuid" : "b78f3052-485c-3e4d-9750-24f50529bd20",
    },

{
        "hashes" : [ "GHMI5g4CL9CV4bbA2ptN8lL2SDiAjdhu6UeBamtVH+Q=" ],
        "path" : "resource_packs/fuse",
        "uuid" : "bc2a0bc9-e3a2-4702-9319-d4d3231dfdbc",
    }
]

And world_resource_packs.json is:

[
{
    "pack_id" : "b78f3052-485c-3e4d-9750-24f50529bd20",
    "version" : [ 0, 0, 1 ]
}

Also in terms of sending a server wide message each hour scripted, Im also still unsure on that, but essentially if there was a way to send a command to that docker in a non interactive way (I believe -ti makes it interactive) then I could send a command "say test text" each hour with a message of my choosing. Docker is really new to me though so I dont really know ho to do that.

Edited by PeteAsking

Ok with @Spazhead's help I have got this working. I will post the changes I had to make to get it working later when I am back at my pc but I had a few things wrong in the original instructions I followed.

Thanks @Spazhead.

Only thing now outstanding to fix is sending a message on an hourly schedule via a script (see previous posts). I dont know how to connect to a docker and send a command without the interactive part.

Edited by PeteAsking

Ok here is how I got the textures working:

1) Downloaded a texture pack eg: https://mcpedl.com/fuserealism-resource-pack/ and rename to a .zip without spaces. Also stop the docker running MC.

2) Copy this into appdata/binhex-minecraftbedrockserver/minecraft/resource_packs/ eg:

smb://192.168.2.4/appdata/binhex-minecraftbedrockserver/minecraft/resource_packs/Fuserealismv1.1.8.zip

note: no spaces and .mcpack is renamed .zip

3) Also copied renamed zip into appdata/binhex-minecraftbedrockserver/minecraft/worlds/Bedrock%20level/resource_packs/ (this is so people joining can download the pack otherwise they must have it preinstalled on their device)

(my world was called bedrock level)

4) rename valid_known_packs.json to a new name. Start and stop docker. It will regenerate this file with the correct UUID and version values inside it.

5) Review valid_known_packs.json and look for your pack eg:

{
        "hashes" : [ "tMNKXPdxyz6VR+QEfegJh9B7OAfRpYdrAzgRcMA1EvI=" ],
        "path" : "resource_packs/Fuserealismv1.1.8.zip",
    },

This info was auto generated. I didnt have to type it.

6) created file world_resource_packs.json (appdata/binhex-minecraftbedrockserver/minecraft/worlds/Bedrock%20level) and added text:

[
{
    "pack_id" : "bc2a0bc9-e3a2-4702-9319-d4d3231dfdbc",
}

The info to type comes from the step 5 above.

6) Edited server.properties and changed texturepack-required=true if you want to force people to use the pack. Otherwise leaving it false makes it optional.

7) Restarted docker. Note: if you at any stage get an invalid_resource_pack file then the pack you downloaded has a problem.

8 - the pack will now work in your world.

Thanks all, again if anyone knows about my script issue above let me know :) as I want to send an hourly message.

P

Edited by PeteAsking
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

In my \appdata\binhex-minecraftbedrockserver\minecraft folder I have a 1.2Gb file called bedrock_server_realms.debug.  Does anyone know what it is?  Can I delete it without fear?  Having an extension of debug I'm assuming I can kill it.  Last modified over 10 days ago.

24 minutes ago, dalben said:

In my \appdata\binhex-minecraftbedrockserver\minecraft folder I have a 1.2Gb file called bedrock_server_realms.debug.  Does anyone know what it is?  Can I delete it without fear?  Having an extension of debug I'm assuming I can kill it.  Last modified over 10 days ago.

Rename it and if nothing bad happens then you have your answer. 

7 hours ago, dalben said:

funnily enough i noticed the .debug file yesterday, a quick investigation and found out that its included in the minecraft release from mojang, i can only assume this is a way of running the server in a debug mode, obviously its pretty big so we dont want it copying across to /config, i have now added to the exclude list so it wont rsync across, image is now building with this change. 

note - the file will NOT be deleted, but you are safe to delete it once this change is in.

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, PeteAsking said:

With regards to sending a docker command on a schedule I am also stuck. I dont know enough about how docer works to come up with a solution.

I tried " docker exec -u nobody -it binhex-minecraftbedrockserver echo say a "

but that doesnt attach into the minecraft server and send the command "say a" as a test so not sure where to go on that either :(

figured out the magic incantation, and of course turned it into yet another faq Q3:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/minecraftbedrockserver.md

• Like 1

@binhex

Ok so I might need a little more assistance unfortunately. If I run the command while SSH'd into the server it works eg:

root@Isengard:~# docker exec -u nobody -it binhex-minecraftbedrockserver screen -S minecraft -p 0 -X stuff "say Daily Objectives:^M"
Remove dead screens with 'screen -wipe'.

However if I use the user scripts plugin in unraid and set the script to be:

#!/bin/bash
docker exec -u nobody -it binhex-minecraftbedrockserver screen -S minecraft -p 0 -X stuff "say Daily Objectives:^M"

And then click run script I get the following error:

Script location: /tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/MC message/script
Note that closing this window will abort the execution of this script
the input device is not a TTY

Would you know why that happens? We are getting very close to the final solution but not sure what to do there. Or alternatively how must I schedule the script on Unraid if you cannot use that plugin? I dont mind either way.

Finally on the FAQ in step 4 you omitted the wold name and wrote /config/minecraft/worlds//resource_packs/ - not sure if thats intentional or you want to include a placeholder for the world name in that path so people are not confused.

Also as a side note, you should also be able to use similar instructions to change how the game functions by adding behavior packs to the relevant behavior folders and also creating the world_behavior_packs.json file similar to the world_resource_packs.json file - but I havent tested that so if anyone else wants to try and see if mods work in the game that would be where to start. I believe you have to enable "experimental features" somewhere but not sure where you set that flag.

Pete

Edited by PeteAsking
1 hour ago, PeteAsking said:

However if I use the user scripts plugin in unraid and set the script to be:

#!/bin/bash
docker exec -u nobody -it binhex-minecraftbedrockserver screen -S minecraft -p 0 -X stuff "say Daily Objectives:^M"

And then click run script I get the following error:

Script location: /tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/MC message/script
Note that closing this window will abort the execution of this script
the input device is not a TTY

if you want to run it via bash script then you will need to drop the -t flag, which tells docker to create a TTY, so try this:-

docker exec -u nobody -i binhex-minecraftbedrockserver screen -S minecraft -p 0 -X stuff "say Daily Objectives:^M"

EDIT - tested and working for me, have noted this in the FAQ.

1 hour ago, PeteAsking said:

Finally on the FAQ in step 4 you omitted the wold name and wrote /config/minecraft/worlds//resource_packs/ - not sure if thats intentional or you want to include a placeholder for the world name in that path so people are not confused.

that is a markdown issue on docker hub, i have corrected it by encapsulating the path in code blocks, thanks for that.

Edited by binhex
  • Like 1

Setting up a second minecraft server?

Thank you so much for this wonderful docker.  It has made my family and friends time at home during the shut down much more enjoyable!  I would like to setup a second server on the same unraid box to try to explore texture pack /add-ins.  Looking for guidance on how to setup a second server and without creating conflicts. 

9 hours ago, dubbly said:

Setting up a second minecraft server?

Thank you so much for this wonderful docker.  It has made my family and friends time at home during the shut down much more enjoyable!  I would like to setup a second server on the same unraid box to try to explore texture pack /add-ins.  Looking for guidance on how to setup a second server and without creating conflicts. 

a second server is def doable with caveats, more on that in a min, this is the procedure for setting up a second server:-

1. go to unraid web ui/docker and 'add container'

2. from the 'template' dropdown select under the heading '[user templates]' your existing minecraftbedrock server container

3. change the 'name' of the container from 'binhex-minecraftbedrockserver' to something else.

4. change the host ports to a different number, so change all references to 19132 to say 18132 and all ref to 19133 to 18133

5. then click on 'show more settings' and change the host path for /config to something else, for e.g. just put a '2' on the end of the path

click on apply.

6. this will now start a new container running minecraft on a different port with a different path to store configuration

now comes the caveat:-

so because you cant use the same port as the first server you can only use this with minecraft bedrock clients that allow you to specify the port number, e.g. Minecraft PE clients i think allow this, for things like xbox one i am not sure this is possible.

Edited by binhex
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, dalben said:

I stuggled with the texture packs.  No errors that I can see but nothing available to download or being forced to download when I start.  Is it possible it's a versioning issue.  The texture packs say 1.5 and my server is running 1.4 ?

your server is running 1.14 not 1.4, maybe its designed for minecraft java server not bedrock?.

On 4/28/2020 at 9:44 PM, PeteAsking said:

You can post the steps you followed/performed and we can try help see if there is an error in your steps :)

In \binhex-minecraftbedrockserver\minecraft\resource_packs\ I have:

Directory: Z:\binhex-minecraftbedrockserver\minecraft\resource_packs
Mode                LastWriteTime         Length Name
----                -------------         ------ ----
d-----        13/4/2020     23:09                chemistry
d-----        13/4/2020     23:09                vanilla
-a----        26/4/2020     17:20       86334885 Fuserealismv1.1.8.zip
-a----        26/4/2020     17:16         328143 Peegs.zip

The contents of  Z:\binhex-minecraftbedrockserver\minecraft\valid_known_packs.json contains:

{
		"hashes" : [ "YQrplf18wEDMbrJ/Iga1e9MNP2/xHkE2E7jmJCR4EhE=" ],
		"path" : "resource_packs/Peegs.zip",
		"uuid" : "c5f509ab-77a8-4abe-a18a-befaa5c949ee",
	},

{
		"hashes" : [ "tMNKXPdxyz6VR+QEfegJh9B7OAfRpYdrAzgRcMA1EvI=" ],
		"path" : "resource_packs/Fuserealismv1.1.8.zip",
	}
]

In my \\tdm\cache\appdata\binhex-minecraftbedrockserver\minecraft\worlds\The Garden directory I have the following:

Directory: Z:\binhex-minecraftbedrockserver\minecraft\worlds\The Garden
d-----         1/5/2020     15:52                db
d-----        26/4/2020     17:23                resource_packs
------         1/5/2020     15:52           2069 level.dat
------         1/5/2020     15:52           2069 level.dat_old
------         1/5/2020     15:52             10 levelname.txt
-a----        26/4/2020     17:47            168 world_resource_packs.json

Directory: Z:\binhex-minecraftbedrockserver\minecraft\worlds\The Garden\resource_packs
-a----        26/4/2020     17:20       86334885 Fuserealismv1.1.8.zip
-a----        26/4/2020     17:16         328143 Peegs.zip

The contents of Z:\binhex-minecraftbedrockserver\minecraft\worlds\The Garden\resource_packs\world_resource_packs.json is:

[
{
    "pack_id" : "c5f509ab-77a8-4abe-a18a-befaa5c949ee",
}
{    
}
]

Let me know if you see anything obvious I've got wrong there.  Server restarted multiple times.  No errors in the Logfiles

55 minutes ago, dalben said:

Let me know if you see anything obvious I've got wrong there.  Server restarted multiple times.  No errors in the Logfiles

you are missing a comma to separate your pack_id's in world_resource_packs.json, should be:-

[
	{
    	"pack_id" : "c5f509ab-77a8-4abe-a18a-befaa5c949ee",
	},

{    
	}
]

Edited by binhex