[Support] binhex - MinecraftBedrockServer

1 hour ago, binhex said:

you are missing a comma to separate your pack_id's in world_resource_packs.json, should be:-

[
	{
    	"pack_id" : "c5f509ab-77a8-4abe-a18a-befaa5c949ee",
    	"version" : [ 0, 0, 1 ]
	},

{    
    	"pack_id" : "bc2a0bc9-e3a2-4702-9319-d4d3231dfdbc",
    	"version" : [ 0, 0, 1 ]
	}
]

It's always a comma.....

Thanks.  That worked.  My world now has Peegs !

• Like 1

hey there, now I know this is a non-supported use case for this container, but I want to run an RTX version server. I know the latest server software is 1.14.60 but you mentioned earlier in the thread retagging an old base image to a new apparent version so the client will connect. Is that possible with current client betas(1.15.0.90)? Thanks. 

I realized this may have more technical limitations than I first thought, but if you point me to the file to edit I am willing to try😃

Edited by jspikeball123
clarity
15 hours ago, jspikeball123 said:

but you mentioned earlier in the thread retagging an old base image to a new apparent version so the client will connect.

i did (assuming you are referring to me) ?, please can you link to this, afaik this is not possible, yes you can roll back to a older version of minecraft server using tags, but making an older minecraft server look like a new (or current) version is not possible i dont think.

Hi

When using the console to access the server with 

docker exec -u nobody -it binhex-minecraftbedrockserver screen -r minecraft

and you don't exist the screen session with CTRL+a and then release keys and press d

How do you get back into the screen ? Says there are dead screen and attached screen, but nothing I have tried allows me back in.

On 4/16/2020 at 2:50 AM, binhex said:

hi guys, im having ongoing issues with a newly built base image, still not sure what the cause of the issue is yet, but for now i've worked around the issue by re-tagging an older working base image, so please check for a new image in the next 2 hours.

just to be clear this is an unusual event and images are normally built soon after app release automatically.

here's where you mentioned it but I understand its probably not possible especially with changes they made for RTX. Thank you for the lovely container and support.

12 hours ago, Pure said:

Hi

When using the console to access the server with 

docker exec -u nobody -it binhex-minecraftbedrockserver screen -r minecraft

and you don't exist the screen session with CTRL+a and then release keys and press d

How do you get back into the screen ? Says there are dead screen and attached screen, but nothing I have tried allows me back in.

docker exec -u nobody -it binhex-minecraftbedrockserver screen -wipe

That will kill them and allow you back in.

Edited by Bentunit
8 hours ago, jspikeball123 said:

here's where you mentioned it but I understand its probably not possible especially with changes they made for RTX. Thank you for the lovely container and support.

ahh right, yes that is just to do with rolling back the base docker image from which this image is built, its not to do with the version of minecraft (minecraft is not present in the image at that point).

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2019 at 1:17 PM, FrozenGamer said:

I have the binhex java minecraft server running nicely for the kids - and i would like to try and set this up as well, so that their friends can connect with other platforms.  Is there anything to running bedrock and java versions simultaneously in containers? And would it be recommended way to do the port forwarding in this case?

I always thought that minecraft java just needed port 25565, but see here it says some more ports, unless that is for the windows 10 minecraft.  

https://portforward.com/minecraft/

I am using server of my friend. he created and we all friends play together. but sometimes we used to face issues and the my friend who suppose to host the game, forwarded his ports by using this guide and it really works well. also port forward guide is also useful.

Hi all - I have this docker installed, SRV record working... Great.

Bunch of questions about how to set this up: I see that there is a lot of info scattered throughout this thread on how to configure it. Is there a good reference guide on bedrock settings, how to add texture packs, etc? This is for my kid, so I don't know a lot about Minecraft.

1 hour ago, tknx said:

Hi all - I have this docker installed, SRV record working... Great.

Bunch of questions about how to set this up: I see that there is a lot of info scattered throughout this thread on how to configure it. Is there a good reference guide on bedrock settings, how to add texture packs, etc? This is for my kid, so I don't know a lot about Minecraft.

collected info so far is here:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/minecraftbedrockserver.md

On 5/18/2020 at 6:21 PM, angelinajulie363636 said:

I am using server of my friend. he created and we all friends play together. but sometimes we used to face issues and the my friend who suppose to host the game, forwarded his ports by using this guide and it really works well. also port forward guide is also useful.

I just also tried pure vpn port forwarding guide and it also work well as port forward's guide

• 2 weeks later...

ive enhanced this image, it now logs the minecraft console to /config/minecraft/logs/screen.log

i have also included an automated backup system and purge of older backups, if not defined via env var it will be set to:-

CREATE_BACKUP_HOURS=12		# number of hours between subsequent backups of worlds folder
PURGE_BACKUP_DAYS=14		# purge backups older than this number of days

backups will reside in /config/minecraft/backups/

Is anyone using Minecraft for Switch and connecting to this?  We're playing on iOS, but we're trying to figure out how to get a young kid on Switch to join.  The ports are open from the guide a few posts back.  We can "Invite" him when we play the server, but he's not seeing it or any option to "Add Server" like we do.  Permissions are probably okay as they can play together on the featured servers.

14 hours ago, binhex said:

ive enhanced this image, it now logs the minecraft console to /config/minecraft/logs/screen.log

i have also included an automated backup system and purge of older backups, if not defined via env var it will be set to:-

CREATE_BACKUP_HOURS=12		# number of hours between subsequent backups of worlds folder

Thank you.

7 hours ago, Bentunit said:

Thank you.

no probs, they are tweaks i wanted as i run my own minecraft bedrock server - i want to know what is going on on the console and couldnt easily do this (thus the log) and i wanted reassurance that i have backups on disk from at least X hours ago, thus the backups :-), will let it settle in and perhaps do something similar for the java version.

21 hours ago, thespooler said:

Is anyone using Minecraft for Switch and connecting to this?  We're playing on iOS, but we're trying to figure out how to get a young kid on Switch to join.  The ports are open from the guide a few posts back.  We can "Invite" him when we play the server, but he's not seeing it or any option to "Add Server" like we do.  Permissions are probably okay as they can play together on the featured servers.

It isn’t possible to play with with the Switch or Xbox One remotely to a custom server nativity.  There is a beta Docker (I forget the name) to trick an Xbox to do This. Not sure if it will work for a switch.

On 6/4/2020 at 10:21 AM, dubbly said:

It isn’t possible to play with with the Switch or Xbox One remotely to a custom server nativity.  There is a beta Docker (I forget the name) to trick an Xbox to do This. Not sure if it will work for a switch.

If you're referring to Phantom, it specifically says Switch is not supported.  

However, I've had some success getting Switch players into the server without the Switch users having to do anything.  The only clients I'm concerned about are iOS and Switch.  If my son launches a world on his iOS device, his iPad.  His Switch friends try to join that world, but because the external IP of his iPad and the docker server are the same, they actually end up on the docker server instead.  So once all of his friends are in the docker server, he closes his game and joins them on the docker server which he uses the local IP to connect to.  For his iPad, his "Add Server" used the domain name, which I resolved over local DNS to a local IP, but externally would resolve to an external IP.  I had hoped this would allow invites to be sent with a domain name successfully, but I'm not sure if it even maters as the Invite is never received on the Switch anyways.  

It's crazy that Fortnite just works on every client, and Minecraft is so perplexing.  Just getting all the permissions right for online play was a nightmare.

The one thing I have noticed however is that the server has some issues remaining green to clients.  After a restart, it's definitely green, but as the uptime ticks onwards the server ends up red and only a restart will get it green again.  I've read the whole thread multiple times, so I know I'll hear it works on PE, etc.  Just stating my experience...

So recently I ran into an issue with an error message saying "You need to authenticate to Microsoft Services". After a few searches on Google and a bunch of forums and troublshooting, I'm really at a lost as to what the issue could be. The java edition seems to be working fine, but the bedrock edition I have this issue. Some suggestions ranged from making sure your PC time is set correctly, all teh way to logging into microsoft azure portal and registering the game. I'm wondering if the recent windows update affected the game? The error only appears when conntecting my server, as the public ones are perfectly fine to join without issue. Friends on the server are getting the same error as well.

On 6/3/2020 at 12:49 PM, binhex said:

Been running a server for a few months using this docker, how do I get this feature working on a existing install. 

This is life saver been doing backups manually.

This what my log is currently showing - but I can't find the backup folders

___. .__ .__
\_ |__ |__| ____ | |__ ____ ___ ___
| __ \| |/ \| | \_/ __ \\ \/ /
| \_\ \ | | \ Y \ ___/ > <
|___ /__|___| /___| /\___ >__/\_ \
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/
https://hub.docker.com/u/binhex/

2020-06-09 20:27:08.633246 [info] System information Linux dd80f9f528ea 4.19.98-Unraid #1 SMP Sun Jan 26 09:15:03 PST 2020 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2020-06-09 20:27:08.872452 [info] OS_ARCH defined as 'x86-64'
2020-06-09 20:27:08.982904 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2020-06-09 20:27:09.215887 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2020-06-09 20:27:11.605950 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2020-06-09 20:27:11.633241 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2020-06-09 20:27:11.660576 [info] CREATE_BACKUP_HOURS not defined,(via -e CREATE_BACKUP_HOURS), defaulting to '12'
2020-06-09 20:27:11.688630 [info] PURGE_BACKUP_DAYS not defined,(via -e PURGE_BACKUP_DAYS), defaulting to '14'
2020-06-09 20:27:11.870781 [info] Deleting files in /tmp (non recursive)...
2020-06-09 20:27:11.946261 [info] Starting Supervisor...
2020-06-09 20:27:14,774 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/minecraft-bedrock-server.conf" during parsing
2020-06-09 20:27:14,774 INFO Set uid to user 0 succeeded
2020-06-09 20:27:14,777 INFO supervisord started with pid 7
2020-06-09 20:27:15,779 INFO spawned: 'backup-script' with pid 66
2020-06-09 20:27:15,780 INFO spawned: 'purge-script' with pid 67
2020-06-09 20:27:15,782 INFO spawned: 'start-script' with pid 68
2020-06-09 20:27:15,782 INFO reaped unknown pid 8 (exit status 0)
2020-06-09 20:27:15,819 DEBG 'purge-script' stdout output:
[info] Removing any Minecraft worlds backups with a creation date older than 14 days...

2020-06-09 20:27:15,819 INFO success: backup-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2020-06-09 20:27:15,819 INFO success: purge-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2020-06-09 20:27:15,819 DEBG 'backup-script' stdout output:
[info] Waiting 12 hours before running worlds backup...

2020-06-09 20:27:15,820 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Minecraft folder '/config/minecraft' already exists, rsyncing newer files...

2020-06-09 20:27:16,094 DEBG 'purge-script' stderr output:
find: ‘/config/minecraft/backups/*’
2020-06-09 20:27:16,095 DEBG 'purge-script' stderr output:
: No such file or directory

2020-06-09 20:27:16,120 DEBG 'purge-script' stdout output:
[info] Checking for old backups in 12 hours...

2020-06-09 20:27:17,122 INFO success: start-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
2020-06-09 20:27:17,650 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting Minecraft Bedrock process in screen session 'minecraft'...
[info] To attach to the screen session run:-
[info] docker exec -u nobody -it <container name> screen -r minecraft

2020-06-09 20:27:17,650 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] To detach from the screen session press:-
[info] CTRL+a and then release keys and press d

2020-06-09 20:27:17,809 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Minecraft Bedrock process is running

Edited by Pure
13 hours ago, Pure said:

This what my log is currently showing - but I can't find the backup folders

On 6/3/2020 at 11:49 AM, binhex said:

so by default a backup will get created every 12 hours, obviously you need to keep the container running, then check the above folder and you will see a folder created named after <date of backup>-<time of backup>

Edited by binhex