[Support] binhex - MinecraftBedrockServer

• 1 month later...

I love the web interface to attach to the console... I'm not sure who helped you figure it out but thank you! Only problem I have now is that I can't see the server under 'Friends' like I used to when running bedrock_server under Ubuntu. Isn't this supposed to show up like any other LAN game?

Edited by digitaljock
8 hours ago, digitaljock said:

I'm not sure who helped you figure it out but thank you!

the usual 3 people, me, myself and i 🙂

8 hours ago, digitaljock said:

Only problem I have now is that I can't see the server under 'Friends' like I used to when running bedrock_server under Ubuntu

im assuming you are using minecraft pocket edition on your android device right?, it should indeed be shown under the Friends tab as a LAN Game (works for me), are you using minecraft pe within your lan or outside of your lan?.

18 minutes ago, binhex said:

im assuming you are using minecraft pocket edition on your android device right?, it should indeed be shown under the Friends tab as a LAN Game (works for me), are you using minecraft pe within your lan or outside of your lan?.

Sometimes it doesn't work on Windows too, on my main PC it also doesn't work but on 2 other PC's on my network it works just fine, regardless of using your or my container.

Just doesn't work (seems like this is a common problem).

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Sometimes it doesn't work on Windows too, on my main PC it also doesn't work but on 2 other PC's on my network it works just fine, regardless of using your or my container.

Just doesn't work (seems like this is a common problem).

maybe thats more of a windows issue with minecraft then (ironic as minecraft is owned by ms), i have had consistently good results with xbox one and android devices, both of which connect just fine, thanks for the info!.

• Like 1

The problem I was reporting was showing up in Windows as well as on Android and Xbox One. Otherwise, I would have assumed it was something happening on the Windows side of things. While I thought it was most likely your docker image, it certainly could be something I inadvertently changed on my router. Just to be safe, I went ahead and added a vanilla installation of BDS on my Ubuntu VM running on unRAID and sure enough, it worked the way it did before and shows up in Windows, Android and Xbox just fine:

image.png.a92c93d15e88e9ad3203960fc1b214d7.png

So now I'm left with the question: why is BDS showing up on my LAN when running from my Ubuntu VM but not when running on your docker? I do have my VM running it's own virtual network adapter and so I tried the same thing with your docker image (latest), but no dice. No combination of networking seems to affect whether or not it shows up in Windows, Android or Xbox, though I'm decidedly a docker novice. If you -- or anyone else -- knows how this is being broadcast in BDS, perhaps we can figure out what specific network configuration I'd need to get it working for me. It seems like I'm not the only one experiencing this issue.

Edited by digitaljock
Clarified what is working and where

@binhex, I'm an idiot. It was my map. As soon as I tried moving my map into place and restarted the service, it disappeared. Because this was originally on my realm, there are a few flags that need to be changed in the level.dat file. I used Universal Minecraft Editor and after switching the LAN Broadcast on and a few other flags, it worked just fine. Since the solution is decidedly nothing to do with your image, I'll find the appropriate place to document it fully. Thanks again for the excellent image and new interface :) You rock!

Edited by digitaljock
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I'm having a bear of a time getting my server up and running again after a big move (and an unfortunate rebuild of my whole network). The server seems to be accessible internally just fine from local devices, but not externally. Curiously, while on cellular my iPad is able to determine server latency and see player count, but my friends are unable to connect. I fully expected that I misconfigured something during re-setup of my router, but netstat isn't reporting anything listening on 19132/19133 in the container itself - I'm not sure if that's a red herring. Anyone have ideas?

screenshot-192.168.1.11-2020.10.22-12_25_35.png

screenshot-192.168.1.11-2020.10.22-12_23_55.png

screenshot-lynx.luminotik.me-2020.10.22-12_20_19.png

screenshot-www.yougetsignal.com-2020.10.22-12_21_16.png

screenshot-www.yougetsignal.com-2020.10.22-12_21_31.png

Capture.PNG

Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 11.48.16 AM.png

Edited by Luminotik
17 minutes ago, Luminotik said:

I'm not sure if that's a red herring. Anyone have ideas?

hmm that does look like a port forwarding related issue, is the port you have forwarded on your router for udp and tcp?, if not try forwarding both protocols.

im using pfsense and have tcp and udp for port 19132 open and have no issues connecting internally or over 3G/4G when out and about (once tweaked minecraft PE of course to allow it).

3 minutes ago, binhex said:

is the port you have forwarded on your router for udp and tcp?, if not try forwarding both protocols.

image.thumb.png.3a9346a6eb55333e0f8235d14613fc37.png

So long as UniFi isn't lying to me, both TCP and UDP traffic should be getting forwarded. The IPv4 and IPv6 rules are set to both, whereas the 8222 is TCP-only. Watching the logs suggests (to my untrained eye) that the traffic is getting passed along to the server:

image.thumb.png.299730e54d53b80a82638e58b6ecfc4b.png

3 hours ago, Luminotik said:

So long as UniFi isn't lying to me, both TCP and UDP traffic should be getting forwarded.

it all looks fine to me, i think the only things you could try that are left are:-

1. restart the container

2. restart the host

if neither of these resolve the issue then im afraid im out of ideas, at least for now, all  ican say is this image def does work so it must be a config issue somewhere.

2 minutes ago, binhex said:

if neither of these resolve the issue then im afraid im out of ideas, at least for now

I'll continue to poke around and see if a special sequence of events gets things functional again. I appreciate you taking a peek, even if it was to only prove I'm not crazy 😛

On 10/22/2020 at 3:31 PM, Luminotik said:

I'll continue to poke around and see if a special sequence of events gets things functional again. I appreciate you taking a peek, even if it was to only prove I'm not crazy 😛

@Luminotik if you figure this out let me know.  Been fighting the same battle for the day myself.  Verified I can port forward from every other docker container I run including this one for the docker's webui but the server itself is not accessible externally.

Edited by eknee1417

I just updated my kid's server to the latest build and added the needed variables and ports for the webUI.  that all works, but how do I get the webUI to cleanly disconnect so I can reconnect later?

edit: now I just get a blank white screen with 'GoTTY' in tab title, even after a docker restart.

Edited by sota
5 minutes ago, sota said:

I just updated my kid's server to the latest build and added the needed variables and ports for the webUI.  that all works, but how do I get the webUI to cleanly disconnect so I can reconnect later?

edit: now I just get a blank white screen with 'GoTTY' in tab title, even after a docker restart.

close the tab, and then go to the web ui link to create it again.

On 10/22/2020 at 1:31 PM, Luminotik said:

I know (for me) I use the UniFi controller for my internal networks, but I also need to forward ports separately inside my EdgeRouter (because the UniFi controller doesn't push settings to EdgeRouters).

Other than that, I would try to use a different port and see what happens, we know 8222 works...So SOMETHING is working... is 8222 accessable externally?

I'm fairly new to Unraid and dockers in general.  I had had a Minecraft Bedrock server set up on a Windows 10 machine that was accessible by my kids and their friends.  Now, I'm trying to get it set up in Unraid.  Two things.

First, I've added the Docker and started it.  I can access it from my own LAN.  So, it's running.  What I'm trying to do now is how do I get access to a console?  In Win10, I could use all the commands (list, whitelist, etc), but not sure where to find that in Unraid.  When I click on Minecraft and pick WebUI, it asks for a username/password that I can never get past.  When I select console, none of the commands work in there.  I figure I have to do something before using commands.

Second, to have my kids friends connect to it, would it simply be forwarding a port to the server?  Would what I have set up for the Win10 server work?

Any help on this would be appreciated.  Thanks!

On 11/15/2020 at 7:41 AM, sleeper37 said:

how do I get access to a console?  In Win10, I could use all the commands (list, whitelist, etc), but not sure where to find that in Unraid.  When I click on Minecraft and pick WebUI, it asks for a username/password that I can never get past.

you specify the username and password you set for WEBUI_USER and WEBUI_PASS.

On 11/15/2020 at 7:41 AM, sleeper37 said:

Second, to have my kids friends connect to it, would it simply be forwarding a port to the server?  Would what I have set up for the Win10 server work?

that depends on what they are using to connect with, if its minecraft pe then yes, a simple port forward on your router and they will be able to connect, if its from a xbox or nintendo switch from outside the lan then this is more complex and requires third party apps to get this working such as phantom:- https://github.com/jhead/phantom

Edited by binhex
  • 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, NeoMatrixJR said:

Love the container, but for some reason my web UI...the existing text just runs off the right side...nothing I type in shows up...and I can't see the output (far offscreen to the right) - is there a fix for this?  (Sorry if I missed one...I tried looking)

what browser are you using?, it works fine with Chrome Browser on a Windows and Mac PC in my testing, can you also post a screenshot?

1 hour ago, binhex said:

what browser are you using?, it works fine with Chrome Browser on a Windows and Mac PC in my testing, can you also post a screenshot?

Chrome Windows 10 you can see the text moving off to the right...and I've started typing...you can see the red cursor block moved over...but no text shows up before it.

image.thumb.png.fd22ccd0a012887b9a9eb43f6654cb2b.png