[Support] binhex - MinecraftBedrockServer

14 hours ago, NeoMatrixJR said:

Chrome Windows 10 you can see the text moving off to the right...and I've started typing...you can see the red cursor block moved over...but no text shows up before it.

can you try a different browser, also try a incognito tab and try the web ui in that.

7 hours ago, binhex said:

can you try a different browser, also try a incognito tab and try the web ui in that.

<facepalm> thanks...you can ignore me now.  It works in edge or incognito chrome...I'm guessing an add-on is mucking with it.  I thought I had disabled any of the ones that could be fooling with it but I guess not.

2 minutes ago, NeoMatrixJR said:

<facepalm> thanks...you can ignore me now.  It works in edge or incognito chrome...I'm guessing an add-on is mucking with it.  I thought I had disabled any of the ones that could be fooling with it but I guess not.

yep i was confident it would be browser related, i use this image myself so i know it works 🙂

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

I am totally new to Minecraft but my 6 year old is getting into it, so needless to say, so am I. I would like to set up a local server on my Unraid server so we can play together in the same world. He is using a Nintendo Switch and I am using my iPhone 12. I downloaded the binhex/minecraftbedroxkserver and took all the default configs. However, I am not able to connect to it, every time I try using the server name and IP address I get the 'Unable to connect to world'.

I have not changed any settings and read somewhere to enable LAN on my server? I have no idea how to do this... Is that the only thing I need to do? I am only paying locally, not outside my home (yet).

Edit: It does not respond to Ping, even though I can ping my server from a different utility on my iPhone.

Thanks!

Arno

Edited by R-No
Update
5 hours ago, R-No said:

I have not changed any settings and read somewhere to enable LAN on my server?

no, i think what this is in reference to is 'LAN Games' which should be shown in in the 'Friends' tab in the minecraft ui, i have no idea if its the same for iphone as it is for android, but that's where it is for Android.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2020 at 3:20 AM, XionicX14 said:

So recently I ran into an issue with an error message saying "You need to authenticate to Microsoft Services". After a few searches on Google and a bunch of forums and troublshooting, I'm really at a lost as to what the issue could be. The java edition seems to be working fine, but the bedrock edition I have this issue. Some suggestions ranged from making sure your PC time is set correctly, all teh way to logging into microsoft azure portal and registering the game. I'm wondering if the recent windows update affected the game? The error only appears when conntecting my server, as the public ones are perfectly fine to join without issue. Friends on the server are getting the same error as well.

This error is now appearing for me as well.  I have two containers, and both are doing it.

10 minutes ago, sota said:

This error is now appearing for me as well.  I have two containers, and both are doing it.

if you are seeing "You need to authenticate to Microsoft Services" then you will to ensure you are logged into your microsoft account, otherwise the bedrock server will not allow you to connect, if you dont want this limitation then you can turn it off by editing the file:-

/config/minecraft/server.properties and changing this line from true to false.

online-mode=true

save the file and restart the container - keep in mind if you do this change and your character is saved in the cloud (i.e. microsoft services) then it MAY not load your character and you may connect with a new locally created character. there is also additional security concerns around this, see the comments in the file:-

# If true then all connected players must be authenticated to Xbox Live.
# Clients connecting to remote (non-LAN) servers will always require Xbox Live authentication regardless of this setting.
# If the server accepts connections from the Internet, then it's highly recommended to enable online-mode.

So the thinking is there's a problem with my kid's phone, logging into his microsoft/minecraft account?

I intend to have one of the containers exposed to the internet, so his friends can play on it as well.

I'll check his phone when he gets back from school, and see if the account is correct on it.

So apparently there was a problem with my kid's account.  Not sure if we changed the password or what, but logging him out and logging in seems to have fixed it.

Now another oddity:

bedrock container 1 has 21 help menu pages.

bedrock container 2 has 3 help menu pages, and I can't perform commands such as 'gamemode' as it says the command is invalid.

10 hours ago, sota said:

bedrock container 2 has 3 help menu pages, and I can't perform commands such as 'gamemode' as it says the command is invalid.

you are probably in another subset of commands which has a smaller set of commands and thus help pages, just restart the container is the easiest way to get back to the root.

1 minute ago, sota said:

Huh.

So I restarted that container; no effect; still has only 3 help menus, and lots of commands don't work.

Might just try and copy the other container to this one's folder, and see what happens.

it must be a different docker image then right?, is the other one binhex/minecraftbedrockserver ?

I've been running a bedrock server for a couple of months now.  No real big issues.  But, in the console, I don't get any timestamps of when users log in and out.  All I see is [INFO] Player connected: xxxxxx, xuid: xxxxxxx.  If I recall, when I ran it out of my Windows machine, it showed the timestamp and then player info.  Is there any way to get the time to show?  Thanks!

Hey, I've been using this container to play minecraft with friends and it's been great so far.

But, is there any way to get the server to log more things like command output? At the moment, it seems it only logs who connects and disconnects and their xuid number. My friend is preparing a thing where that would be very useful. 

Any help would be great!

Thanks.

On 1/18/2021 at 11:17 PM, sleeper37 said:

I've been running a bedrock server for a couple of months now.  No real big issues.  But, in the console, I don't get any timestamps of when users log in and out.  All I see is [INFO] Player connected: xxxxxx, xuid: xxxxxxx.  If I recall, when I ran it out of my Windows machine, it showed the timestamp and then player info.  Is there any way to get the time to show?  Thanks!

i dont see a way of adding in timestamps, this looks like a function of the minecraft bedrock server on windows only.

12 hours ago, essasetic said:

Hey, I've been using this container to play minecraft with friends and it's been great so far.

But, is there any way to get the server to log more things like command output? At the moment, it seems it only logs who connects and disconnects and their xuid number. My friend is preparing a thing where that would be very useful. 

Any help would be great!

Thanks.

you can see a full log in /config/minecraft/logs/ the log file will show you every command issued at the minecraft console and connection and disconnections for users, as well as backups (if enabled).

2 hours ago, binhex said:

you can see a full log in /config/minecraft/logs/ the log file will show you every command issued at the minecraft console and connection and disconnections for users, as well as backups (if enabled).

Is the file "screen.log"? Because that just logs what the Web UI logs (at least for me).

8 minutes ago, binhex said:

yes, that will log all activity on the minecraft console, not really sure what else you want logged?

Oh, I just want it to log what the ingame console displays when a command is used or when something happens (e.g. someone dying or the output of a command block).

Edited by essasetic