[Support] binhex - MinecraftBedrockServer

On 4/21/2021 at 6:01 PM, wobblewoo said:

Hello. I love this Docker and me and son can play well on it, many thanks.

One question. I always go to the web UI once its running and turn the coordinates on using this command, can i get it to do this automatically?

gamerule showcoordinates true

Thanks again

sorry for the late response, i have actually been thinking about this and i too would quite like to have coordinates to show, so i have implemented an additional env var to allow you to run whatever command you want on startup, to use it you will need to do the following:-

1. pull down the latest image by 'force update' link

2. follow procedure Q8:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/unraid.md using key name of 'STARTUP_CMD' and value of 'gamerule showcoordinates true'.

tested and working for me, let me know how you get on.

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, wobblewoo said:

Perfect, just perfect. Thanking you - just sent a donation over.

Still not managed to get Deluge to work through VPNSecure but hey ho, cant win them all.

yeah the vpnsecure one is out of my control sadly, if they cannot supply the password or better yet, give you the key without the password then not much can be done.

thanks for the donation.

I've been hesitating asking this question because I'm guessing that I'm missing something very easy. I set up this docker, I can start it up, connect to the Web UI. However, it doesn't seem to be listening on that port and I'm showing two ports in the logs.  This is a vanilla install. I am able to get to others things on the same network with their ports, just not this docker. 

Edit: I should clarify that I cannot access this locally, I haven't even opened it up on the internet yet. 

Thanks for the help. 

NO LOG FILE! - Failed to up file descriptor limit Operation not permitted
NO LOG FILE! - setting up server logging...
[2021-04-28 12:41:49 INFO] Starting Server
[2021-04-28 12:41:49 INFO] Version 1.16.221.01
[2021-04-28 12:41:49 INFO] Session ID f8512a8a-4f26-412b-a549-286b72b524cc
[2021-04-28 12:41:49 INFO] Level Name: Bedrock level
[2021-04-28 12:41:49 INFO] Game mode: 0 Survival
[2021-04-28 12:41:49 INFO] Difficulty: 1 EASY
[INFO] opening worlds/Bedrock level/db
[INFO] IPv4 supported, port: 19132
[INFO] IPv6 not supported
[INFO] IPv4 supported, port: 59453
[INFO] Server started.

Edited by JoshFink
2 hours ago, JoshFink said:

I've been hesitating asking this question because I'm guessing that I'm missing something very easy. I set up this docker, I can start it up, connect to the Web UI. However, it doesn't seem to be listening on that port and I'm showing two ports in the logs.  This is a vanilla install. I am able to get to others things on the same network with their ports, just not this docker. 

Edit: I should clarify that I cannot access this locally, I haven't even opened it up on the internet yet. 

Thanks for the help. 

NO LOG FILE! - Failed to up file descriptor limit Operation not permitted
NO LOG FILE! - setting up server logging...
[2021-04-28 12:41:49 INFO] Starting Server
[2021-04-28 12:41:49 INFO] Version 1.16.221.01
[2021-04-28 12:41:49 INFO] Session ID f8512a8a-4f26-412b-a549-286b72b524cc
[2021-04-28 12:41:49 INFO] Level Name: Bedrock level
[2021-04-28 12:41:49 INFO] Game mode: 0 Survival
[2021-04-28 12:41:49 INFO] Difficulty: 1 EASY
[INFO] opening worlds/Bedrock level/db
[INFO] Server started.

When you say access, do you mean from the Minecraft game client?

If the server and client are on the same network it should show up in LAN games. If not you could always try to add the server manually in the servers tab. 

58 minutes ago, Bentunit said:

When you say access, do you mean from the Minecraft game client?

If the server and client are on the same network it should show up in LAN games. If not you could always try to add the server manually in the servers tab. 

Yeah, I mean access from the Minecraft game client. Specifically iOS on my iPhone. It doesn't show up at all, under Friends, nor under servers when I add it manually. 

I tried both of the ports listed here and neither work. 19132 is what's specified in my config. Could these two ports be causing an issue? Nothing else is running on this server with these ports BTW. I'm not even sure where the random 2nd port came from. 

Edited by JoshFink

Well, I went through it and this seems to be 100% user error on my part. For anyone else that might make the same blunders, it was two-fold.

1. On iOS under Settings -> Privacy -> Local Network, I had Minecraft disabled from searching the local network so it couldn't find the servers. 
  2. In addition, it seems that if you have added the server under 'Servers' it will not show up under 'LAN Games' in the 'Friends' tab. 

Once I fixed both of those it showed up properly and works fine. 

• Like 1
On 4/27/2021 at 6:04 AM, binhex said:

sorry for the late response, i have actually been thinking about this and i too would quite like to have coordinates to show, so i have implemented an additional env var to allow you to run whatever command you want on startup, to use it you will need to do the following:-

1. pull down the latest image by 'force update' link

2. follow procedure Q8:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/unraid.md using key name of 'STARTUP_CMD' and value of 'gamerule showcoordinates true'.

tested and working for me, let me know how you get on.

You know the next question will be... how to run more than 1 command at start up? :)

Might as well get that out of the way now.

I don't need it, but i'm sure now that it's an option the kid will ask "hey dad, can you do X,Y,Z every time the server starts?"

5 minutes ago, sota said:

You know the next question will be... how to run more than 1 command at start up? :)

Might as well get that out of the way now.

I don't need it, but i'm sure now that it's an option the kid will ask "hey dad, can you do X,Y,Z every time the server starts?"

lol, already ahead of you its in the code, you simply separate the commands via a comma, e.g.:-

gamerule showcoordinates true,help

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know if people are still having the problem or not. Saying the server is not up to date. my server was doing that  but I removed the latest. with v1.6.222 or Whatever it is pressed applied And was still saying not up to date. then I put latest back in and applied it and the server start working Again so maybe try it to . P.S Sorry for the rough reading & grammar.

• 2 weeks later...

My problem seems to be more with Minecraft than with the docker itself.  Didn't see this anywhere else around though.  

So I am trying to get this running with a world that my friends and I have been on for about a year and a half. I have had it set up on a VM with an extra account just hosting basically. (I know jank but it's what made it work.)  Whenever I upload the world and change the name in properties over to the world I get an error Unable to join world.  It works just fine letting it generate it's own world or uploading smaller more recent worlds.  My thought currently is some kind of size limit to the world this can run.  Is that a thing? Can I change it if so? Or do I have some other thing going on here?

• 2 weeks later...

My kid wants his minecraft world reset to start over.  I'm not sure if it's a docker question or a minecraft console question. 

How would I go about doing that?

I apologize if I am asking in the wrong area.  Sorry I don't play the game at all.

Im new in minecraft game and server and did it for my children some days ago ...

i have 2 questions:

1. i have ( Running AutoCompaction... ) after player started game a lot of time , What is this ? is it normal ?

2. is any option to make more than one world in one docker ? maybe by some mods ? or i need to make another copy of this docker for more worlds ?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2021 at 9:48 AM, Masterwishx said:

Im new in minecraft game and server and did it for my children some days ago ...

i have 2 questions:

1. i have ( Running AutoCompaction... ) after player started game a lot of time , What is this ? is it normal ?

2. is any option to make more than one world in one docker ? maybe by some mods ? or i need to make another copy of this docker for more worlds ?

I would also like to know the answers to these questions

On 6/17/2021 at 4:48 PM, Masterwishx said:

yes, its log level INFO and therefore can be ignored, a quick google reveals its something to do with compression of blocks, no doubt it helps with performance in some manner.

On 6/17/2021 at 4:48 PM, Masterwishx said:

its currently one world, one docker, so you need to create another docker container (changing port and /config location) if you want multiple worlds running at the same time.

9 hours ago, Sullen Maximus said:

I would also like to know the answers to these questions

see above.

• Like 2
On 6/16/2021 at 4:54 PM, BradJ said:

My kid wants his minecraft world reset to start over.  I'm not sure if it's a docker question or a minecraft console question. 

How would I go about doing that?

I apologize if I am asking in the wrong area.  Sorry I don't play the game at all.

do you want to blank changes to an existing world, or do you want to create a brand new different world?.

47 minutes ago, binhex said:

simple, you open file /config/minecraft/server.properties and look for line 'level-seed=' and set the value to the seed you want.

Alright, found the file, however it says in the documentation that if this is left blank, a random seed will be generated. Is there any way to see what the current seed is that is being used? When I opened the file, it still shows it as blank, but I would like to know the current seed which the server is using.

8 hours ago, binhex said:

i hope you use android, unknown if this works with the apple app store version, Q5:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/minecraftbedrockserver.md

We are currently using xbone's to connect to it. Don't have anything connected via android.

EDIT: ok figured out operators can see the seed of the level, however, in order to make people operators I changed the server.properties file, now it totally regenerated the world with a new seed :( . I have the backups, but not sure how to load from them.

Edited by Sullen Maximus