binhex

[Support] binhex - MinecraftBedrockServer

307 posts in this topic Last Reply

I love the web interface to attach to the console... I'm not sure who helped you figure it out but thank you! Only problem I have now is that I can't see the server under 'Friends' like I used to when running bedrock_server under Ubuntu. Isn't this supposed to show up like any other LAN game?

Edited by digitaljock

8 hours ago, digitaljock said:

I'm not sure who helped you figure it out but thank you!

the usual 3 people, me, myself and i 🙂

8 hours ago, digitaljock said:

Only problem I have now is that I can't see the server under 'Friends' like I used to when running bedrock_server under Ubuntu

im assuming you are using minecraft pocket edition on your android device right?, it should indeed be shown under the Friends tab as a LAN Game (works for me), are you using minecraft pe within your lan or outside of your lan?.

18 minutes ago, binhex said:

im assuming you are using minecraft pocket edition on your android device right?, it should indeed be shown under the Friends tab as a LAN Game (works for me), are you using minecraft pe within your lan or outside of your lan?.

Sometimes it doesn't work on Windows too, on my main PC it also doesn't work but on 2 other PC's on my network it works just fine, regardless of using your or my container.

Just doesn't work (seems like this is a common problem).

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Sometimes it doesn't work on Windows too, on my main PC it also doesn't work but on 2 other PC's on my network it works just fine, regardless of using your or my container.

Just doesn't work (seems like this is a common problem).

maybe thats more of a windows issue with minecraft then (ironic as minecraft is owned by ms), i have had consistently good results with xbox one and android devices, both of which connect just fine, thanks for the info!.

The problem I was reporting was showing up in Windows as well as on Android and Xbox One. Otherwise, I would have assumed it was something happening on the Windows side of things. While I thought it was most likely your docker image, it certainly could be something I inadvertently changed on my router. Just to be safe, I went ahead and added a vanilla installation of BDS on my Ubuntu VM running on unRAID and sure enough, it worked the way it did before and shows up in Windows, Android and Xbox just fine:

image.png.a92c93d15e88e9ad3203960fc1b214d7.png

So now I'm left with the question: why is BDS showing up on my LAN when running from my Ubuntu VM but not when running on your docker? I do have my VM running it's own virtual network adapter and so I tried the same thing with your docker image (latest), but no dice. No combination of networking seems to affect whether or not it shows up in Windows, Android or Xbox, though I'm decidedly a docker novice. If you -- or anyone else -- knows how this is being broadcast in BDS, perhaps we can figure out what specific network configuration I'd need to get it working for me. It seems like I'm not the only one experiencing this issue.

Edited by digitaljock
Clarified what is working and where

@binhex, I'm an idiot. It was my map. As soon as I tried moving my map into place and restarted the service, it disappeared. Because this was originally on my realm, there are a few flags that need to be changed in the level.dat file. I used Universal Minecraft Editor and after switching the LAN Broadcast on and a few other flags, it worked just fine. Since the solution is decidedly nothing to do with your image, I'll find the appropriate place to document it fully. Thanks again for the excellent image and new interface :) You rock!

Edited by digitaljock