Cant boot UNRAID with the disks inside server

dafa

hi all

Here is the problem in simple:

Cant boot UNRAID with the disks inside server

here is the full discribe of the problem:

I install the unraid succesffly in my server ,and started to use it for a while. It runs quite well for me .

But one day I shunt down it ,then I just cant boot it . The bios shows the usb drive is ok ,so I plug it into another server for test ,it turns out just fine and boot to UNRAID successful .

So I plug it back to the original server ,and I just plug all my disks in the arry out before boot the server .

It immeditely boot into UNRAID success ,and I just plug all the disks back to server ,it works.

BBBBBBUUUUUUTTTTTT !

BUT!

Everytime when I reboot or shunt down and turn it on again , I have to plug all the disks out before boot the unraid. It becomes a problem ,I have more than 20 disks ,so I had to repeat plug out then plug in again.........

I am new to unraid for a month , can I get some help with you guys ?

thanks!

21 hours ago, Benson said:

It seems just booting point to a wrong device instead of USB. Pls try enter LSI BIOS and disable "bootable".

Here I check in the bios but did not see the option you talk about .

And I check the boot setting , make sure there is only the usb as 1st boot device ,and no other device bootable .(with pic IMG_6601)

It turns out nothing changed.

And I even check the boot setting ,to set all the drive to disable .Still get nothing change .

IMG_0759.HEIC IMG_3721.HEIC IMG_4239.HEIC IMG_4318.HEIC IMG_4794.HEIC IMG_6601.HEIC

On 11/10/2019 at 11:55 AM, trurl said:

Go to Tools-Diagnostics and attach the complete Diagnostics zip file to your NEXT post. 

23 hours ago, Benson said:

It seems just booting point to a wrong device instead of USB. Pls try enter LSI BIOS and disable "bootable".

can you give some idea about it ? a great thank to you

It looks like you're using ecc memory that is going bad but I feel like something may be wrong with your mover settings too, hopefully one of the guys with more experience can make sense of your syslog because there is a lot going on there.

I think it would be okay to go to settings --> scheduler --> mover settings and disable logging for now....

Edited by Dissones4U
Added info
2 hours ago, Dissones4U said:

It looks like you're using ecc memory that is going bad but I feel like something may be wrong with your mover settings too, hopefully one of the guys with more experience can make sense of your syslog because there is a lot going on there.

I think it would be okay to go to settings --> scheduler --> mover settings and disable logging for now....

Thanks I have already disable it ,and I will reboot to check if it will be ok after the current copy transfer job being down .

and then I will repost the result .Thanks!

On 11/11/2019 at 2:29 PM, Dissones4U said:

its not working ,but thanks 

On 11/10/2019 at 1:51 PM, Benson said:

On 11/11/2019 at 8:49 PM, Benson said:

Hell Yeah!

I finally made it with Benson's methord .

Disable the SAS adapter by the ctrl-c 

Great thanks to Benson!! love you guys amazing !

(picture below was after the success change to the boot ,so it might not be accurate .

just show the properate order to get things done . 

IMG_2027.thumb.jpg.dd953d6e46bcbe16791ef171c083ef0f.jpgIMG_2028.thumb.jpg.cff66e5d79f5356e3478ca7354b851fc.jpgIMG_2029.thumb.jpg.7881c513a9578ea9d19c1a340a72aa8d.jpgIMG_2030.thumb.jpg.6d04a658a388dcc2247b9e719d9bec7b.jpg