When Unraid moves data from Cache to Array, are there any faultchecks?

je82

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Any write error would have the effect of disabling the drive in question.  But, if there are other underlying problems (eg: bad RAM) that can affect the integrity of the data being written, then the data may or may not be compromised during its transit.

So there's no crc checking on the data being transfered between cache and array?

1 minute ago, Squid said:

Doubt it.  To do that after every file is transferred you would have to then read the file from the array to calculate its CRC.

If you don't trust your drives, then you should replace them.

If you don't trust your memory, then you should have ECC

Aye, , i do have ECC, i've just had some issues with SMB transfering directly to the array due to bad array performance which i do not know if it is working as intended or if it is indeed an issue somewhere. I'll keep an eye on the mover and see how the data looks, i doubt there will be issues but for some reason whenever the array has been heavily loaded with write operations smb has been troublesome locking files and what not.

It's my first unraid build so i have no reference point if my system is working as intended or if there's indeed some problem somewhere.