Failed to set iommu for container, operation not permitted

I've set up a Windows 10 VM and want to pass through either of my two gpus, but get the above error when setting this GPU in the VM settings.

I've tried to follow guides with similar problems, such as the one here and here, but I've not been able to solve this problem. I changed my syslinux config as the linked post recommended, but this has not helped. I've read elsewhere that some CPUs/motherboards aren't compatible with passing through GPUs, and I'm worried that this may be the issue for me.

Here's some software and hardware stats:

Version: Unraid 6.8.0rc5

CPU: AMD FX8350

GPU1: AMD R9 290X

GPU2: NVIDIA Quadro P2000

MB: Asus Crosshair V Formula Z

RAM: 32gb DDR3

My relevant IOMMUs are

IOMMU group 20:[10de:1c30] 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP106GL [Quadro P2000] (rev a1)

[10de:10f1] 01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GP106 High Definition Audio Controller (rev a1)

IOMMU group 27:[1002:67b0] 08:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Hawaii XT / Grenada XT [Radeon R9 290X/390X]

[1002:aac8] 08:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Hawaii HDMI Audio [Radeon R9 290/290X / 390/390X]

In accordance with the above links, I edited my syslog to this to see if my 290X would work (as I've heard AMD is easier to deal with than NVIDIA), but no such luck

kernel /bzimage
append vfio_iommu_ty pe1.allow_unsafe_interrupts=1 pcie_acs_override=downstream vfio-pci.ids=1002:67b0 initrd=/bzroot

1 minute ago, AnnabellaRenee87 said:

is Virtualization turned on in the BIOS and is the BIOS updated?

Hit system info and make sure these are enabled. (HVM and IOMMU)83ee22dcd33b86ed31ef170406a41229.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Virtualization is turned on in the BIOS, BIOS hasn't been updated awhile on Asus' end (this CPU/MB pairing is 6 or 7 years old). In unraid settings both are shown as enabled.