Hi everyone :)

asheenlevrai

I am brand new to unraid (just heard of it) and I was wondering if this software can be used for free.

I read somewhere that the unregistered version is limited to 3 drives (2+ parity drive) but otherwise fully functional.

I read somewhere else that the trial version only works for 30 days.

So which is true? Please enlighten me.

Thanks a lot for your help and advice.

Best,

-a-

2 hours ago, asheenlevrai said:

I am brand new to unraid (just heard of it) and I was wondering if this software can be used for free.

I read somewhere that the unregistered version is limited to 3 drives (2+ parity drive) but otherwise fully functional.

Best,

-a-

Both are true.

It depends on which versions you're talking about.

5 hours ago, asheenlevrai said:

Best,

-a-

The current version of Unraid can be used with a Trial license which is valid for 30 days, is fully functional, and is intended to allow you to validate that UnRAID runs OK on your hardware and meets your needs.    The trial licence can be extended once for a further 30 days.

The version of Unraid that runs for free with a limited number of drives was v5.    This is been super-ceded for many years with v6 so no new user would be expected to use it.   It was limited to 32 bits and had far less functionality than current Unraid 

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, BRiT said:

It depends on which versions you're talking about.

7 hours ago, itimpi said:

The version of Unraid that runs for free with a limited number of drives was v5.    This is been super-ceded for many years with v6 so no new user would be expected to use it.   It was limited to 32 bits and had far less functionality than current Unraid 

Also, that version is officially unobtainable and unsupported, so I don't know why anyone would bring it up.