(SOLVED) SLooow GUI - 2 frames/second without load, low video memory?

I use the unRIAD GUI a lot (the X GUI) Unfortunately it lags with a refresh rate of about 2 frames per second. I'm using the onboard VGA of a Supermicro Motherboard.

From the command line xrandr reports a 60hz refresh rate. The xrandr settings I have tried to change do nothing.

I don't have a clue. But it's behavior is something like I have seen on a 20 year old video card trying to display a modern scrolling webpage, but this motherboard is recent.

I have tried a different monitor and remote KVM through IPMI. 

cs-diagnostics-20191112-0004.zip

Edited by Jagadguru
additional info

No. 

On further investigation the GUI Xorg process is pinned on 100% of one thread of one core whenever anything is clicked.

1454753574_ScreenShot2019-11-11at8_38_50PM.thumb.png.c9bd700f089fafa7592e6ae1106475e6.png

On still further investigation the problem is Firefox. with Firefox closed, it runs fast.

Ok I've narrowed it down to the fact that Firefox is using very little memory 0.1%, whereas on my other machine it uses 1.2%. The total memory is the same on both machines.

Is there any way to allocate more of the memory pool to Firefox?

Edited by Jagadguru
additional info
  • Jagadguru changed the title to (SOLVED) SLooow GUI - 2 frames/second without load, low video memory?