Book serving from nextcloud

larson

Hi everyone. 

I am looking into leveraging my server for my book collection. I try to store my "acquired" books in Nextcloud (17) on my Unraid (6.6.6, how will I ever be able to upgrade her). When looking into a server solution I found an obsolete Nc app, files_opds, unsupported since Nc13 or such. Trying to force enable it was no good, so I dropped that thread. Now I am trying to use the linuxserver calibre docker for serving my books. But what would be a proper way to access my books from it?  I don't feel comfortable with pointing it (the "library" volume mount) to the files in the Nextcloud file structure, and importing everything. I still want to keep the books in one place on the server, and be able to keep them synced to other machines with Nc.

Any suggestions on a proper way to handle the books, or alternative software to help me out?  Calibre seems neat and all, even if a native Nc app would be a great fit for me.  I thought I'd put it here instead of the container threads, since the question is not really related to any specific app or container.

/Lars Olof