Icon not correct after docker container downgrade

joelones

I'm still on 6.5.3 and recently I have to downgrade the @binhex plex docker to something other than latest (1.14.0.5470-1-02). The icon is now incorrect (actually it's the deluge icon!) and inspecting the web element points to a '--icon.png' file...

Inside the "/boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/images" directory I notice the naming convention has "latest" in the filename so since I moved away from latest I guess therein lies the problem.

Thoughts on how I can remedy this quickly?

EDIT: seems to be a bug, unfortunately I cannot upgrade due to another problem I'm experiencing..

Edited by joelones

Delete the relevant files from the flash drive (/boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/images).  Clear your browser cache.

Reboot, and hit the docker tab.  The icon should now get downloaded and placed in the above folder.  Replace the icon with what you want.  Clear your browser cache again, reboot and the new icon should now take effect.

Side note that on 6.8.x the icon system has been overhauled and will always take effect if you change the IconURL in the template (template authoring mode in settings - docker)

20 minutes ago, Squid said:

Delete the relevant files from the flash drive (/boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/images).  Clear your browser cache.

Reboot, and hit the docker tab.  The icon should now get downloaded and placed in the above folder.  Replace the icon with what you want.  Clear your browser cache again, reboot and the new icon should now take effect.

Side note that on 6.8.x the icon system has been overhauled and will always take effect if you change the IconURL in the template (template authoring mode in settings - docker)

Thanks, but that didn't work, the image still points to /state/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/images/--icon.png

Seems to be something that's hardcoded in dockerman based on the repo name

There's something else going on here, i just realized why the plex docker is taking the deluge docker's image. I also have a manual tag for the deluge repo....clearly there's something odd here if a have two dockers with != latest as both seem to point to --icon.png

Edited by joelones
2 minutes ago, Squid said:

Did a new file get saved to the flash drive?

Trouble here is that if it didn't, then there's an issue with the icon system on 6.5.3 (and I wouldn't be super surprised), and it will not get fixed unless you can replicate this after upgrading to either 6.7.2 or preferably 6.8.0-rcX

No nothing new, but there's something else going on here, I just realized why the plex docker is taking the deluge docker's image. I also have a manual tag for the deluge repo....clearly there's something odd here if a have two dockers with != latest as both seem to point to --icon.png file. I'd love to upgrade but 6.7.x seems to freeze on my hardware for some reason.

Edited by joelones
48 minutes ago, Squid said:

Well, tagging multiple containers works fine on 6.8 with the files being created correctly, so not quite sure what else to suggest.

Thanks, I just changed DockerClient.php in: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include as a band-aid fix...

if (empty($strTag)) $strTag = 'latest';

to

$strTag = 'latest';

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2019 at 11:37 AM, Squid said:

Well, tagging multiple containers works fine on 6.8 with the files being created correctly, so not quite sure what else to suggest.

I've upgrade to v6.8rc6 and I see a question mark icon for a custom docker, can you please elaborate how to set it? I have an icon file in the folder: /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/images as 'custom-program_name-latest-icon.png' matching the local repository/image of 'custom/program_name'...

EDIT: never mind, pointed the icon url to a local php server...

Edited by joelones
7 hours ago, joelones said:

I've upgrade to v6.8rc6 and I see a question mark icon for a custom docker, can you please elaborate how to set it? I have an icon file in the folder: /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/images as 'custom-program_name-latest-icon.png' matching the local repository/image of 'custom/program_name'...

EDIT: never mind, pointed the icon url to a local php server...

Yeah, thats a change in 6.8 to make handling of icons more intuitive (and actually allow you to easily change them) along with lessening writes to the flash drive (the folder on the flash drive is no longer used on 6.8)