scubieman

wsdd 100% using 1 core

16 posts in this topic Last Reply

wsdd was running 100%. I was backing up to backblaze via the VM through SMB. I shut down all dockers and vm's and it was still running high.

Wondering how do i restart the service wsdd? I believe it was at 100% because of the backup happening at that time.

image.png.bf85c0d68df4fc8a3e03821e4c83a79c.png

@scubieman I have seen this (wsdd at 100% on 1 core or thread) twice as well.  In both cases, as expected, a reboot fixed it. 

It happened when I had an Acronis backup running which backs up a PC/laptop to my unRAID server.  The core/thread changes but one remains pegged at 100% even when the backup completes.  A reboot is require to clear it.

I actually had a bug report ready to go and did not post as I want to gather more info and confirm it only happens during backup.  The last time I saw this was three days ago, but another backup is scheduled for tonight.

Since it is wsdd, this is only a 6.8.0-RC issue.

Edited by Hoopster

I wonder what triggers the bug to cause wsdd to peg 1 cpu. I ran across this tonight on 6.8 Stable. About the only thing I have running using Samba from other systems is 1 Win10 system that does media scans using 'media center master'.

I looked through the syslog but didn't find anything related to it nor any indications of things going sideways, so I didnt gather diagnostics. Instead I disabled WS-Discovery option.

I have the same issue since update to 6.8 stable.
I discovered 100% usage on 1 core of "wsdd" process after synching a Nextcloud Client to DockerNextcloudServer.

You can disable it, but you may not be able to see the server shares show up under 'network' in Windows 10 clients, but you can still browse them manually by server name or IP

Hi, 6.8.2, no -i br0 and experiencing the same issue. Stopping and starting the array seemed to stop it spiking a CPU for me. Would be good to know the root case. Thanks,

Edited by User01
forgot to add last sentence.

The only sure way to prevent this is to disable wsdd in your unraid settings.

Posted (edited)

Same happening to me with 6.8.3.

edit: noticed there is already a bug report about this

Edited by lamer