Jump to content
Xaero

[Guide] Using ruTorrent Mobile with docker

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

This is something quick and dirty I did to enable the use of the Mobile UI plugin for ruTorrent with the Linuxserver.io docker:

First:

Download and extract the mobile ui plugin from:
https://github.com/xombiemp/rutorrentMobile

Once downloaded,
Extract the plugin into the appdata config folder for rutorrent, naming it "mobile"
image.png.b42b33a20cd94805f5a5f5f0d72e5092.png

The contents of that folder should look like this:
image.png.7f19b23155a504b2fcce042c624b6fc8.png

 

Once complete, edit your rutorrent docker and add the following path:
image.png.a0f834234fdd35be47cba1f6ab70431b.png

Afterwards, when a mobile device connects to the rutorrent WebUI it will be presented with a slick mobile interface that looks like this (image stolen from Google):
image.thumb.png.4cfb84161127d1b5e30086ac1f9afa74.png
 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Xaero said:
This is something quick and dirty I did to enable the use of the Mobile UI plugin for ruTorrent with the Linuxserver.io docker:

Alternatively you can use the transdroid app which gives you you a lot of functionality that the mobile web UI may not

link:- https://github.com/erickok/transdroid


 

Edited by binhex

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, binhex said:

Alternatively you can use the transdroid app which gives you you a lot of functionality that the mobile web UI may not

link:- https://github.com/erickok/transdroid


 

On the contrary I moved to this from Transdroid.

Transdroid doesn't let you specify a download location, and is missing other features for rtorrent clients. A shame, really as when I used it with deluge it was fine. Deluge wasn't able to handle some of my larger downloads so I migrated away from it.

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, Xaero said:

On the contrary I moved to this from Transdroid.

Transdroid doesn't let you specify a download location, and is missing other features for rtorrent clients. A shame, really as when I used it with deluge it was fine. Deluge wasn't able to handle some of my larger downloads so I migrated away from it.

hmm interesting!, thanks for the education, i guess ive never noticed that particular feature not being there as i dont require it :-).

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.