Jump to content
zodde

No IP assigned after troubelshoot and reinstall.

17 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Like the topic says, I no longer gets a IP to my server, I have tryed re-create the usb drive several times. The NIC works, i have tryed with Windows and FreeNAS, both of them works, but Unraid wont get a ip, any ideas why?

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, zodde said:

Like the topic says, I no longer gets a IP to my server, I have tryed re-create the usb drive several times. The NIC works, i have tryed with Windows and FreeNAS, both of them works, but Unraid wont get a ip, any ideas why?

Have you tried deleting network.cfg on the flash drive and letting unRAID recreate it upon reboot?

 

It might also be useful if you posted diagnostics.  Type 'diagnostics' at the command line.  The diagnostics file will be written to the flash drive.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Hoopster said:

Have you tried deleting network.cfg on the flash drive and letting unRAID recreate it upon reboot?

 

It might also be useful if you posted diagnostics.  Type 'diagnostics' at the command line.  The diagnostics file will be written to the flash drive.

Yes i have, no change what so ever, also i deleted network-rules to see if it helped. Nothing. Well, i dont have Unraid up atm. I use my old unraid server to transfer the data from the drives i had in the server that failed and i cant even reinstall and get a ip to set it up again.

 

I have tryed everything i know and could find about it. So i thought to post it in here to see if anyone know a commond issue that can cause this.. In the diagnosic i couldent find anything when i was looking before. nothing.

Share this post


Link to post

Have you managed to boot to GUI mode on a locally attached monitor?     Failure to do so can often mean that the Unraid USB has not been successfully mounted in the second stage of the boot process which is when network drivers and configuration information are read from the USB stick.

 

if you have a console (or ssh) logon you can check on this by issuing the ‘df’ command to see if you have the USB stick mounted at /boot.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Have you managed to boot to GUI mode on a locally attached monitor?     Failure to do so can often mean that the Unraid USB has not been successfully mounted in the second stage of the boot process which is when network drivers and configuration information are read from the USB stick.

 

if you have a console (or ssh) logon you can check on this by issuing the ‘df’ command to see if you have the USB stick mounted at /boot.

Yes that works. I tryed to set up the network after some days before tested GUI. I have 4 lans on this machine and it only shows eth0. Before it showed all four. So why does it not show now when it worked the first time? Strange.. I will see later tonight if the usb is mounted at /boot. Thnx

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, itimpi said:

Have you managed to boot to GUI mode on a locally attached monitor?     Failure to do so can often mean that the Unraid USB has not been successfully mounted in the second stage of the boot process which is when network drivers and configuration information are read from the USB stick.

 

if you have a console (or ssh) logon you can check on this by issuing the ‘df’ command to see if you have the USB stick mounted at /boot.

Now i have checked. It is mounted at /boot. Now what?

 

Share this post


Link to post

We need a diagnostic file.  From the GUI,   Tools    >>>>   Diagnostics  

 

From the command line,   diagnostics    .  Since you don't have a network connection, the file will be in the   logs  folder/directory on the flash drive. Upload it in a NEW post.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

We need a diagnostic file.  From the GUI,   Tools    >>>>   Diagnostics  

 

From the command line,   diagnostics    .  Since you don't have a network connection, the file will be in the   logs  folder/directory on the flash drive. Upload it in a NEW post.

Okey, i post it here

tower-diagnostics-20191115-0432.zip

Share this post


Link to post

Try one of the 3 other ports.  You're not plugging into the IPMI port?  Is the cable plugged in at both ends?  Try a new cable / port on the switch.

	Link detected: no

 

Edited by Squid

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Squid said:

Try one of the 3 other ports.  You're not plugging into the IPMI port?  Is the cable plugged in at both ends?  Try a new cable / port on the switch.


	Link detected: no

 

Actully, i havent got the asus asbm9 chip yet so iam using a monitor to manage the server, i hope to get it next week. The network work when i installed Windows to run som diagnostic, and FreeNAS also worked, but not unraid anymore. I dont get it.

Share this post


Link to post

Please try each of the other three ports.  As I recall, Unraid assigns the first one that it finds as the active one....

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/15/2019 at 2:42 PM, Frank1940 said:

Please try each of the other three ports.  As I recall, Unraid assigns the first one that it finds as the active one....

  

I having some issues in the boot with Intel Boot Agent that have been changed since i build the machine 2 weeks ago. Intel Boot Agent says PXE-05 NVM file is corrupted or have not been configuerd. What i remember this happend when i updated the BIOS and after that Unraid didnt give me an IP anymore, and since i had issues with UnRaid with stability i troubelshoot it and afteter many nights with that i decided to reinstall and start fresh, that didnt go well.

 

But Intel Boot Agent dont have ANYTHING with this to do right?

 

When i first build the machine in the boot, the CPU and memory etc showed up like it should, and after that there was a screen with text something like, Intel Boot Agent v1.5 etc etc and a / that spinned around and under that a quick text with Press CTRL + S to configure (It shown for like a sec) and then disaperd and then it booted up.

 

Is this just a coincidence that the Intel Boot Agent got corrupted and Unraid got more errors or does it have a connection with eachother? I have been in touch with ASUS Server support since it it a ASUS P11 server MB and they have said the MB is defective, but other OS works to get IP etc but not UnRaid.

 

a.t.m I have FreeNAS on a device in the machine cuz i got tired to fight with this, but i dont want to run FreeNAS, i want to run UnRaid on this machine as well 🙂

 

I will plugg in the monitor to the machine once again today and see, but i have tryed EVERYTHING that i can think of. I will plugg in ethernet cabel in all 5 Lan ports and see.  But if it dosent give me an IP this time, then what ?

 

Thanks for the support to all, i hope there is someone that can spare some time today and help me figure this out.

Share this post


Link to post

Post some pictures aswell so you can see what i get in the same time that i remember as unraid didnt get a ip anymore. I had many small problems and dont remember to 100 % what en when it all happend, what camed first and what camed second as problem. FreeNAS and Windows both works, not unraid. Re-created usb. changed usb port, set default settings in BIOS.

support.jpg

support1.jpg

76644662_474867853149785_1098040726031171584_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

IT`S ALIVE!

 

I mixed with BIOS, plugged a cabel into all of the ports, recreated a usb, and started. It actully got an IP.

 

I have to be something with the new BIOS that was released yesterday, and after update, i didnt tryed UnRAID again, i started up FreeNAS cuz i was so tired of fighting with this. Today it all clear up! Iam a verry happy man once again.

 

My second UnRAID machine is back up, just start over with array and set it up but thats no issue. The machine will actully be what the thought was when i bought all the parts and designed it. Amazing! :)

 

Thanks to ya all! BIG THUMBS UP! :D

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.