Stuck on mounting drives

Fpsware

Today I discovered a fault disk in my system, as I've done in the past, I replaced it with a new drive.  I installed the new drive and now I can't past "array starting ... mounting disks".  

I've tried with a different drive, same problem. I've even tried starting the array without the drive installed and it still tries to mount the EMPTY drive (see attached picture). 

The faulty drive was BTRFS, I've tried selecting BTRFS, XFS and AUTO for the new drive but nothing works. 

I've been at this for hours now and I'm beyond extremely frustrated. 

ScreenClip.png

tower-diagnostics-20191116-0424.zip

3 hours ago, Fpsware said:

I've even tried starting the array without the drive installed and it still tries to mount the EMPTY drive

That's normal since it's mounting the emulated disk.

Btrfs disks can take several seconds to mount, an emulated btrfs disk can take much longer since data is being reconstructed from all the other disks, I don't see any error on the log, have you waited a few minutes to see if it's just taking a longer time than usual as expected?

Previously when I've replaced a disk its taken literally a few seconds to get past that point. I've left it for ~30 minutes and its still showing the same thing. 

I've just now check it again, approx 2 hours later, its mounted all the disks but the rebuild process is estimated at 267 days!  In the past, this has taken 24 hours at most. 

Total size:4 TB

Elapsed time:1 hour, 19 minutes

Current position:149 MB (0.0 %)

Estimated speed:171.3 KB/sec

Estimated finish:267 days, 23 hours, 20 minutes

Disk2 is failing:

Nov 16 18:19:03 Tower kernel:         res 51/40:20:c0:ec:3e/00:00:14:00:00/e0 Emask 0x9 (media error)
Nov 16 18:41:23 Tower kernel: md: disk2 read error, sector=2352394520
Nov 16 18:41:23 Tower kernel: md: disk2 read error, sector=2352394528
Nov 16 18:41:23 Tower kernel: md: disk2 read error, sector=2352394536
Nov 16 18:41:23 Tower kernel: md: disk2 read error, sector=2352394544
Nov 16 18:41:23 Tower kernel: md: disk2 read error, sector=2352394552

Thanks for the help. 

Currently the rebuild is down to 6 hours, guess its past the drive errors. 

In the years I've been running Unraid I've never had 2 drives fail, so no need for a second parity drive. Maybe its time to change that. 

Fortunately the data on the damaged drive(s) is not critical and I do have online backups.