CPU spiking at 100%, Shutting down docker

Hi all,

I recently installed a PfSense VM onto my unraid server and its been working great, I reinstalled my dockers and it seemed to be working ok for a week or so, then i tried to reinstall Nextcloud, Letsencrypt, and mariadb and for some reason that caused the CPU to spike at 100% across all cores (i5-4690k) so i removed those docker containers and it seems to of worked (at the time). 

I had a google and found a thread in here i tried to resurrect thinking my problem was similar to the one originally posted, however it appears to be a bit more serious:

I was literally just about to start watching something on plex after adding a few torrents to deluge and moving a couple of files about in Krusader followed by running a library scan and low and behold, its spiking again, and this is without nextcloud etc running, just 7 of my usual containers.

Oddly enough, it didn't completely take out docker this time, nor the PfSense VM, but it went sluggish causing plex to not work so I've since killed that (as well as duckdns, and openvpn which I'm not using currently).

I caught the diagnostics when it happened but my knowledge with this stuff isn't great so I don't understand much. Can anyone help?

Does it make sense to any of you guys?

babs-diagnostics-20191116-2211.zip

Edited by zapp8rannigan
NOT SOLVED!

Everything has been working great, but I was just moving some files in Krusader tonight and it hit 100% CPU again.. is this another bug?

OK now I'm worried.....I just noticed my PfSense VM has disappeared from the vm menu on unraid...its still running though...... I'm confused?? bit worried to restart in case it disappears completely

Edited by zapp8rannigan
1 hour ago, zapp8rannigan said:

OK now I'm worried.....I just noticed my PfSense VM has disappeared from the vm menu on unraid...its still running though

Known issue with RC6. RC7 will have a fix.

The solution for some seems to be to create a 'dummy" VM and set the vdisk to 'none.'  Don't install anything.  Just the VM defined and, obviously, not started is enough to make the others show up.

1 hour ago, Hoopster said:

Known issue with RC6. RC7 will have a fix.

The solution for some seems to be to create a 'dummy" VM and set the vdisk to 'none.'  Don't install anything.  Just the VM defined and, obviously, not started is enough to make the others show up.

ah ok thanks....
I'm worried I messed up already, in a slight panic i went to the vm manager under settings and noticed the VirtIO driver ISO had a link to download again so i clicked that, will that have botched something?

Edit - That dummy fix worked (thanks) so I guess I'm good! just weird about the cpu overload thing happening again (though on a a file move this time, I tried MC and Krusader) hopefully that will be fixed in RC7..

Edited by zapp8rannigan
On 11/17/2019 at 1:54 AM, Squid said:

Update to 6.8  6.7.2 has an issue with simultaneous reads and writes being very slow.

Hi Squid sorry to bother you again, was this definitely fixed in 6.8? I'm still getting issues when moving files around either through Krusader or MC. 

being on 6.8  seemed to stop the PfSense VM  crashing as well until just and all i did was start a library scan in Booksonic...so now thats unstable as well

babs-diagnostics-20191120-2155.zip

Edited by zapp8rannigan
bad grammer