Help upgrade SageTV server

I have a SageTV server running on Win 7 x64. But sometime in the near future I'm looking to replace it with a UnRAID server with updated hardware. In particular I'm interested in using an Intel CPU so I can use "Quick Sync" to speed up the video encoding I do with MCE Buddy. (But I'm open to suggestions for AMD if it makes more sense.) I want to use UnRAID for the NAS to store my media files. And also allow me to run a Win7 or Win10 VM to run SageTV, MCE Buddy, Comskip etc. I'm looking for suggestions on what CPU/Motherboard I should buy for two scenarios. My budget for scenario 1 is around $800-$1000. 

1. I upgrade as described above to use UnRAID as the NAS to store media files and a Win7 or Win10 VM to run SageTV and do video encoding with MCE Buddy. I want something that is going to give more power then what I have now but will still be quite and energy efficient.

2. I upgrade as described above but with the possibility of also creating another Win 10 VM to play racing games in VR. I would want to be able to play games while the Windows VM is running and SageTV is recording up to three shows. (via HDPVRs) (not while MCE Buddy is running) I understand this will require a more powerful CPU and a powerful GPU and it will be a significant additional cost to my scenario 1 budget. I would not use it for gaming very much so I would want the CPU to still be relatively power efficient since it will be running 24/7. My budget for this would be $500-$600 in addition to my scenario 1 budget. Thanx!

Below is a list of the current hardware in my SageTV server:

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.10 GHz
MB: MSI 880GM-E35
8GB RAM
12TB (WD Red) (Flex RAID)
SUPERMICRO AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 PCI-Express 2.0 x8 SATA / SAS 8-Port Controller Card
PSU:SeasonicSS-650-KVM (650 watt)
X3 Hauppauge HDPVRs