Ryzen 2600 build suggestions

Hi there!

Now I'm looking for an upgrade for my home server. I really like new AMD Ryzen CPUs, especially Ryzen 5 2600, it provides a lot of power for a low price. But I've seen some stability issues on these CPUs but that was a while ago. As for now all of these stability issues are solved? I need a stable build that can provide long server uptime. Random reboots are unexceptable. Also I don't want disabling C-states or something another enegry saving technology because I don't need a huge electricity bills.

I chose this hardware:

- Ryzen 2600

- ASRock B450M Pro4-F

- 8 Gb DDR4 2666 MHz or so (I'm planning to add 8 Gb later, total capacity 16 Gb). I'm not sure about ECC because there are no compatibility list from the manufacturer 

- Fractal Design Node 804 (great cooling, 8x3.5")

- LSI 9200-8i IT mode from eBay

- Some kind of simple cooler for the CPU or the BOX cooler

Also I already have 4xWD Red that I will use in my next unRAID build.

Budget of this build around $450 maybe $500.

Feel free to provide any suggestions!

For a server I'd personaly get 2700x with 8 cores. It now costs only 130$ if you buy from MicroCenter + 30$ discount for motherboard, if not mistaken. If you need mATX board, then I'd go with MSI B450m Mortar Max. It has same VRM as Tomahawk with beefy heatsink, which can run even new 3950x (you can watch video online with the benchmark). Best B450 boards only from MSI, if you wanna upgrade CPU in the future without changing mobo. For RAM get Ballistix Sport LT 3200-CL16 or 3200-CL15 with *AES* in name. Those are cheap and can be easily overclocked to at least 3600. For cooler I'd go with Arctic Freezer 34 eSports DUO, unless it won't fit in your case. This silent beast easily competes with twice more expensive ones and is more compact. Cheers

13 hours ago, Luckbox said:

For a server I'd personaly get 2700x with 8 cores. It now costs only 130$ if you buy from MicroCenter + 30$ discount for motherboard, if not mistaken. If you need mATX board, then I'd go with MSI B450m Mortar Max. It has same VRM as Tomahawk with beefy heatsink, which can run even new 3950x (you can watch video online with the benchmark). Best B450 boards only from MSI, if you wanna upgrade CPU in the future without changing mobo. For RAM get Ballistix Sport LT 3200-CL16 or 3200-CL15 with *AES* in name. Those are cheap and can be easily overclocked to at least 3600. For cooler I'd go with Arctic Freezer 34 eSports DUO, unless it won't fit in your case. This silent beast easily competes with twice more expensive ones and is more compact. Cheers

Thank you for reply! What about any issues especially C-states? Did you disable it?

In my region I don't have that shop (I'm not from the North America or European Union) and 2700X costs a lot more than 2600. In fact I don't need 8 cores and X-version, it had 105 Watt TDP which a lot for me. One of primary objectives of my future build is power saving, I can't afford a huge bills for electricity.

I don't plan any gaming so I don't need overclock, powerful VRM or high memory frequencys. I want a server for storing files, sometimes transcode in Plex and application server. The main task is reliability and power saving.

Edited by SuberSeb