[SOLVED] Disk 'disappearing'

DZMM

One of my array disks is acting weird.  The server starts, but files on disk 1 aren't appearing - also when I use ssh to check, disk 1 is appearing as '?disk 1' and user0 as '?user0' (both in red).

Final bit of weirdness is in my shares menu, everything is green even though some of my shares should be orange as I don't have a parity disk.

Any ideas what's wrong?  I have backups, but I'd rather work out what's gone wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help.

highlander-diagnostics-20191118-1610.zip

Edited by DZMM

Update #2:  I've removed the drive from my array to see if I could mount it using UD but no joy.  I'm currently restoring files via my rclone/gdrive backup which should hopefully have 100% of the files I need. 

If no-one's got any clever ideas for mounting the drive by the time the transfers finished in a few hours, I'm going to see if formatting makes the drive usable again - I might do a pre-clear first as well

Once a drive is shown as ‘Unmountable’ that typically means that there is corruption at the file system level.   This is fixed by running the appropriate repair tool.    For array disks that can be done by clicking on the drive on the Main tab that brings up a dialog from which file system checks can be run.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Once a drive is shown as ‘Unmountable’ that typically means that there is corruption at the file system level.   This is fixed by running the appropriate repair tool.    For array disks that can be done by clicking on the drive on the Main tab that brings up a dialog from which file system checks can be run.

Thanks - I've added the disk back to the array but I can't see an option to run checks/repairs

1 minute ago, DZMM said:

Ahh have to start in maintenance mode.  It doesn't have the option for the bad disk unfortunately

It should always be there (the second section) and labelled “Check filesystem status”.   If not in Maintenance mode the this there should be a message stating that Maintenance mode is required.

perhaps you can post a screenshot to clarify things?