Will this erase all my media? (Krusader)

adminmat

So I'm using Krusader for the first time. Although everyone raves about this application it's quite confusing and the only videos tutorial (by Spaceinvaderone) is outdated. And something quite scary happened the first time using... I was moving a folder with a film from my Temp Media share to my Media share and I got a popup saying it will overwrite the destination!!  Wholly crap! Really? So by dragging a folder into my media folder it warns me that it will overwrite the destination of 5TB of media? When I clicked on Cancel Krusader then crashed and wouldn't open the GUI until I stop and start the container. 

Is this really the only GUI to move files around in unRAID without using SMB? Will this erase my Media folder? Why is it saying it will overwrite a folder that doesn't already exist on the share? 

warning.thumb.PNG.f01114cc0da74e8bf33a69614b1cb9a8.PNG

Edited by adminmat
4 minutes ago, Dissones4U said:

actually, based on your picture the folder already exists on the share, look at the details of the source and destination...

Right, that's how it looks. But it does this as I move the folder to the share for the first time. That's why it's confusing. The folder definitely is not on the share that I'm moving it to. 

8 minutes ago, adminmat said:

Right, that's how it looks. But it does this as I move the folder to the share for the first time. That's why it's confusing. The folder definitely is not on the share that I'm moving it to. 

I have to wonder why the destination says Saturday the 16th? Anyway if it were me I'd setup a test share to confirm, it should take less 2 minutes but someone else may have a better idea...

So I did the test you suggested. This behavior only happens when transferring the movie folder to my Media share. When I transfer the same folder to a Test Share it does not give the overwrite warning. So I can not test the effect of clicking on the "Write Into" button. So I risk overwriting my media library or I have to click cancel. When I click Cancel the file still transfers but it makes Krusader crash so after moving every file I have to restart the container. Not ideal. 

Edited by adminmat
10 minutes ago, adminmat said:

Not ideal

The dolphin docker works pretty well for me, it's still a little qwerky if you're used to a really clean windows type UI but it's definitely usable. If I remember correctly I ended up using the right click menu rather than drag and drop due to some odd behaviors, especially when the folder path was really long.

Also, not to be redundant but make sure the folder isn't actually there in the destination already by navigating to it without krusader

Edited by Dissones4U
  • Like 1

So for whatever reason I stopped getting the warning. It should be noted that I would get a similar warning when copying folders with the Plex labeling structure to the unRAID cache over SMB. But the warning would pop up in windows saying something like "are you sure you want to do this, you will lose the file properties." Never understood what the meant but it didn't seem to harm anything.