Nan b reading on a hard drive

happy2b1

here you go I am running 6.7.2, a few weeks ago I have a drive showing a nan b. It is a 4tb drive and shows 17.6tb free.  I also get a warning on the drive from fix common problems :Drive mounted read-only or completely full. Begin Investigation Here:  Not sure what changes I should do. I replaced the drive but  still the same issue. I redid the drive config. still no fix. Doing a parity check but that's not fixing anything. Sorry for the muti images.image.thumb.png.98d59638c7eba72834350e0bbab2b9e4.pngimage.thumb.png.e314f906ca087cf9d1ea96441e5153bd.pngimage.thumb.png.e314f906ca087cf9d1ea96441e5153bd.png

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, happy2b1 said:

hi been busy, I tried to run reiserfsck  check disk but keep getting a error message is it due to the 2 xfs drives?

There is no inherent problem in having a mixture of file systems in the array.  If you run the disk check from the Unraid GUI it should use the correct repair tool for the file system on the drive.    This will be reiserfsck for reiserfs format drives and xfs_repair for XFS format drives.  

ok I have had unraid for yrs but really never try to  f with it. Sometimes like now it does odd things, on one server it messed up all the permissions and i could not access any of the drive just got the you dont have the permission to access these files. I tried the reset permissions but that did not work so now just coping the disks to a new server set using raise data recovery. But back to the issue how do you run the check disk from the unraid gul ? I dont see anything to access a check disk.

I tried to telnet and it gives me a error and does nothing. Any help would be great

Sorry to be a pain.

well a update got the file check to run on disk 5 and the final result is: 39 found corruptions can be fixed only when running with --rebuild-tree

I got the check running now thru telnet. Its checking all disks. I have the next question will this program continue to run on all disks aka ones that are unassigned (not in the raid) but mounted. 

thanks

1 hour ago, happy2b1 said:

humm trying to get a handle on this, guess it does not run all disks so, I am running on the md5 aka disk 5

The repair is only running on the specific disk.   Assuming the drive has not been marked as disabled (marked with a red ‘x’) then normally you only see reads  on the specified drive and writes to that drive and the parity drives.

if the disk is being emulated (or getting read errors) then you can will see reads happening on other drives as Unraid reads their contents so it can calculate what the problem sectors on the drive under repair should contain.