Realtek RTL8125 driver support *SOLVED*

x64

Hello. I was wondering if Unraid had RTL8125 (driver r8125) support (It's Realtek's new 2.5Gbit ethernet nic)? Wanted to ask before I hit the buy button. Thanks.

Edit: Ugh, searching for r8125 yielded that oot driver support was included as of 6.8.0 RC2. My bad.

Edit 2 (11-25-19): While Limetech claims r8125 was added in 6.8.0 rc2, the driver does not work with the Realtek RTL8125 2.5gbit PCI-e nic. I'm going to guess it only works with the embedded RTL8125 chip that's on these new x570 boards.

Edit 3 (7-2-20): The RTL8125 driver has been supported since like 6.8.3. I have two RTL8125 cards from different manufacturers and they are working great.

Edited by x64
update
42 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Realtek has a spotty (to put it nicely) reputation with anything other than windows. I'd be very careful and get testimonials from someone actually already using the equipment in question before buying.

I've never had a Realtek issue with linux. They have to be the most common consumer nic producer around. In any case, a linux driver has been out since last June for this device so I thought there would be at least a good chance it would've been included in one of the more recent RCs by now.

• 6 months later...
On 6/1/2020 at 6:09 AM, isvein said:

Any one tried it or know more? Since my new motherboard in my desktop has the same card integrated I was thinking of putting one in my server to get more transfer speed :)

It works now.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One question: Does WoL also work with the RTL8125 chipset? 
I'm having problems with UnRAID 6.9.0.beta with the x79 mainboard (HUANANZHI X79-ZD3, Rev. 2), this one has the RTL8111H chipset, and WoL doesn't work with that one either;
 "Custom commands before sleep: ethtool -s eth0 wol g
" Entry. 
I bought this card with for now, it doesn't cost 20€; Fujitsu Siemens D2745-A11 GS 3, with Intel® 82580EB Gigabit Ethernet Controller. Many thanks for some feedback.