Temperature remains unpopulated in Dashboard and Main screens...

sota

As the subject says, drive temperatures continue (since day 1 on this machine) to not show up on the Dashboard or Main screens.  I've been attempting to find an answer on here with no luck; I see someone else had a similar problem back in 2018, but there's no indicated resolution to the temperature display problem.  So, I ask you fine gentlemen and ladies for assistance. :)

The machine (as it says in my signature) is an HP DL380e G8 12+2 LFF with an HP H240 controller board running everything.

I've not had any drive connectivity issues with the controller or the drive cages.

I recently came across a thread talking about manually setting the SMART controller type, and I did so for all my array disks so far; that didn't solve it.

The Attributes section shows the data just fine. (see images below for Disk 1 Settings and attribute data)

https://pasteboard.co/IHMenX7.png

https://pasteboard.co/IHMfCqX.png

https://pasteboard.co/IHMgbr4.png

I've attached the diagnostics file for perusal.  In case it's in there, yes I'm aware of the ACPI Power Meter error (it'll be corrected on next reboot, as I already put in the fix as per this thread), and I have a pair of replacement memory sticks coming for the 2 that are throwing CEs a-periodically.

Thanks in advance to all who look into this.

cube-diagnostics-20191121-2256.zip

So, where can I find out what mechanisms are used to populate the display fields.

I mean, the attribute (194) is there and populated...

201911291315.jpg

So shouldn't it just be a matter of telling whatever is reading it to stick it in the proper place for the dashboard's page to pick it up?

• 3 months later...

I've also just picked up a H240 and ran in to the 'no temperature' issue.

I've figured out from other threads that using the controller type "SAT, auto, 12" driver for SMART actually seems to work better, 

using CCISS:

smartctl -H -d cciss,0 /dev/sdb
smartctl 7.1 2019-12-30 r5022 [x86_64-linux-4.19.107-Unraid] (local build)
Copyright (C) 2002-19, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, www.smartmontools.org

=== START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION ===
SMART Status not supported: Incomplete response, ATA output registers missing
SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: PASSED
Warning: This result is based on an Attribute check.

to using SAT:

smartctl -H -d sat,auto,12 /dev/sdb
smartctl 7.1 2019-12-30 r5022 [x86_64-linux-4.19.107-Unraid] (local build)
Copyright (C) 2002-19, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, www.smartmontools.org

=== START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION ===
SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: PASSED

It's not perfect though, however having kept a periodic eye on the SMART attributes, I can confirm the temperature is changing, I've also noted the power on hours incrementing correctly etc, so I think the attribute data is intact.

BUT, it's still showin * for temperature in the webui... 

I'm happy to post diagnostics/any output required, it would nice to get it working as these are crazy cheap at the moment and after putting it in HBA mode, the only thing I had to do is turn off storage boot options in my Asus B450-F bios and it boots/works fine (it's outpacing 6 attached HDDs at the moment!).