Feedback wanted please for Calendar/Contacts solution

TechMed

Greetings All!

I am hoping to start a conversation about syncing calendars and contacts (?files?) on unRAID and phones; Android in my case. I LOVE my unRAID servers (have four of em’); a bit overkill but it is fun!

I cannot for the life of me find a straightforward solution for email/calendar usage and syncing. I have scoured Google, looked here, and most of what I am seeing is general unhappiness with all products.

I am really only looking for a solution that sync’s my calendar(S) and contacts, period. Being able to sync files would be nice, but my real need is the calendar/contacts.

At present, I have the old version of Synology’s webserver CalDav/CardDav running on a Syno box (I would like to remove this from the mix). The Syno talks to ‘DAVx5” which talks to a FANTASTIC add-on to Outlook 2016 (NOT 365 ~ HATE IT!) called “CalDav Synchronizer,” and a calendar app on my Android, all of which manages to keep things synced up. But the first little bit of flatulence and the whole thing crumbles.

So, I am looking for a simple, elegant, and secure way to keep my calendar and contacts all synced up… that’s it!

ANY and ALL ideas are worth hearing. And even though I have looked at a bazillion different products and options, I really want to hear from you all as to what is working for you. Even if that means an entirely different approach! I trust my fellow RAIDERS!

Thanks in advance for all the feedback and Happy Turkey Day 🦃 to all that are indulging next week!

P.S. Is there no way to incorporate something like this into the unRaid or at least a Docker of something?

Yeah, I was looking at them but I was concerned about the recent spate of security issues.

I realize nothing is ever going to be totally secure, well, maybe index cards (until you lose them), but do they actually work well?

Do you just not have the the need or do you take a different approach to staying organized?

(I'll be back... have to start on the "Honey Do" list... UGH!)

2 minutes ago, TechMed said:

Do you just not have the the need or do you take a different approach to staying organized?

All my calendars etc are all tied into my company's exchange server, so I've got no problems.  For everything else, I still find myself writing the odd note on my hand with a pen :) 

• Haha 1