Error Getting Replacement Key for new USB Stick

Hi,

I'm trying to replace an old Unraid 1GB USB stick I received from Limetech years ago with a new bigger one.  Found the guide and followed the instructions.  When I hit Replace Key and enter my email, I get the following error (I starred out the GUID's as I'm not sure if they could be used by someone):

Sorry, an error (403) occurred registering USB Flash GUID ****-****-****-************

The error is: GUID '****-****-****-************' inside KeyFile was not found as a registered GUID.

I'm confused as the old USB stick works fine, it's just running out of space.  The fact its been booting my 20 disk Unraid server fine for years tells me the GUID must be registered correctly.  Also, the "Registered GUID" from the first screenshot below matches the "not found as a registered GUID" from the error screenshot.  Anyone have any ideas?  I've also sent a message to Limetech via the Contact page with the actual GUID's in question.

Thanks

unraid_usb_replace1A.jpg

unraid_usb_replace2A.jpg

1 minute ago, remotevisitor said:

I suggest contacting Limetech support directly via email.

i know that Tom has previously mentioned that some of the early license keys didn’t get added to the current database, so I suspect yours could be one of those.   If so I’m sure support will be able to sort out your problem.

Thanks, I just received a reply from Jon asking who I was in relation to the name registered with the old USB sticks GUID.  Me and a buddy split the cost of the 2 license deal over 10 years ago.  Waiting to hear back.  I'm guessing the error was due to me putting in an email that didn't match the email of my buddy who actually purchased the 2 sticks (and I paid him half for the second one).  If this 10 year old license key wasn't added to their DB I'm guessing I couldn't have been happily running it for a decade?

Glad I found this out now vs. when a stick died as I'd be dead in the water.  😮

Just now, RoninTech said:

I think they must match and it isn't blacklisted as I've been using it for 10 years.  I'm assuming I'd get an error otherwise?

Yes, that is what I was assuming.

GUIDs only get blacklisted when a license is transferred to a new USB stick.   However the GUID of the original does need to be on the Limetech database for the automated transfer process to work.

6 hours ago, RoninTech said:

I see a parity check was started.  Is that normal when replacing USB sticks?

No, but it's easy get to that state if you back up the old stick while the array was running.

It's not a bad thing to do a parity check, but if it's interfering with your plans you can always cancel and run your monthly check later.

1 hour ago, jonathanm said:

No, but it's easy get to that state if you back up the old stick while the array was running.

It's not a bad thing to do a parity check, but if it's interfering with your plans you can always cancel and run your monthly check later.

Cool.  Backup was from when running so If it's not unexpected it's all good.  Thanks for the help Jon.