Unraid 2020 Feature Request Wishlist

SpencerJ

Unraid 2020 Wish List  

2581 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

329 posts in this topic Last Reply

11 hours ago, Ellis34771 said:

I guess I'm still not seeing the value proposition here.  Why use UnRAID for ZFS?  There are other platforms that implement ZFS quite well.  UnRAID was supposed to be what RAID is not.  

Just my 2 cents.  I do realize this is a popular request.

ZFS is not only a raid, it can also be used on a single disk. And even in this version, for me ZFS will be preferable to XFS, BTRFS. ZFS is now available by default on popular distributions. ZFS has a lot of fans. After all, when there is a choice of what to use it is good. Some people like Parity, others like ZFS raid. It's good when you have a choice.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been doing this for a long time now via command line with my important VM's.   First, my VM vdisk's are in the domains share, where I have created the individual VM directory as a btrfs

To clarify my answers, I took "Multiple Array Pools" as literally multiple array pools.  You might want to add in multiple cache pools as another option.  For my usage, I'd like multiple arrays, not m

I'm a tad confused, why do we need to join their poll if we can vote here? Though I'd like to point out, if this is being considered a serious poll being taken on board by the unraid team, I'd mu

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Maximum size limits on shares. That way i can partition X TB on a single large disk and set the samba settings so only certain users can access Y TB of it. This is nice so i can use something like a single 12TB disk and give 3TB to everyone in the household to use exclusively so no one goes over their quota.

Also big +1 to user groups with folder/share permissions

Edited by Taako
  • 3 weeks later...