Unraid Feature Request Wishlist

SpencerJ

Unraid Feature Wish List  

3041 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, TheIronAngel said:

I'd love to not have to move to TrueNAS in the future, have a pair of 24-bay expanders but wouldn't be able to use them thanks to the 30 drive limits

As mentioned elsewhere why not use some of these additional drives in pools rather than the main array?

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, gigo90 said:

I mean a built-in with in Unraid iSCSI manager, accessible through the GUI (like truenas, QNAP, and others commercial products) developed and with full support from LimeTech.

Like NFS share and SMB share 🙂

So the two plugins do not provide the functions you need?

Edited by SimonF
On 1/29/2023 at 7:28 AM, pras1011 said:

Still waiting for wireless!

I get the feeling you could post this every month for a long, long time and it would still be true.  Notice how it never shows up as an option for voting in wish lists or feature request polls?

It's an often-debated topic in these forums but no one from Limetech has ever hinted that it is even under consideration.

• SpencerJ changed the title to Unraid Feature Request Wishlist
  • 3 weeks later...

I think i already written that : a more friendly vm management (no more xml editing), gui for vm snapshots managements

Also support for user-friendly docker compose (portainer is a fine gui for managing containers, images and networks)

Robust pool for docker. I've been struggling in 6.8.3 with btrfs pool and docker. For that point zfs cache pool might be interesting if docker zfs driver doesn't lead to some write amplification.

And last but not least: a simple way to monitor unraid server and it's services. It's already possible with uud project but it's quite an effort to setup and maintain. I dropped it when an update on influxdb docker made my server crazy (influxdb was eating mu cpus). 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I can't vote  using the pole (no fb - for reasons) - but snapshotting the vm's and reverting them is i.m.h.o a must have - not sure how to implement something like that but i love the way virtualbox or xencenter/server does it - i got no experience with vmware so not how they do it..

(edit: going through this thread it seems I repeated myself)

@pras1011 why on earth do you want wifi support? If it's that big of a deal yank in a wifi router and configure it as repeater or something. A server should be (imho) on a wired network. Far more stable that wifi. And if speeds it the thing (wifi6) faster then 1G these days, idunno, then yank in a 2,5 or 10G adapter and replace the switches.

Edited by sjoerd
  • 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, shiftylilbastrd said:

My request seems simple compared to most of the others. I would just like when you open the shares tab it showed which disks are being used by each drive,

You mean "which disks are used by each share" ?

If so, it is one click away with "Compute". Either for one share or for all.

image.thumb.png.86c46978d312390e4d150257b26173b4.png