Performance rating data for parity checks and individual drives

Dear Lime tech.

I would like to see some direct feedback in the web gui related to performance data for individual drives and the average parity check speed to better judge if i should consider replacing individual drives or if my array is performing normally.

With your current userbase and lots of different hardware-configuration, each array already has the data ready to harvest, and to further the lifespan of each system since we with such a feature better know what can be considered a normal average speed for a array parity check, or average drive speeds. A question i have seen frequently appear in the forums, or what can be considered normal wear and tear, based on Smart-data or individual performance of each drive after a parity check has been completed.

If such recommendations were to be presented in a user friendly and intuitive way, it can prevent data loss and help end users better understand when drives should be replaced and to make informed decisions when considering proactive maintenance.

A new consent option in the user interface could allow for periodic uploads of this kind of user data, and it can be presented with notification boxes or as more detailed info in the smart-data section/elsewhere.

Hopefully i have presented my suggestion well enough that this can be implemented. I would be very happy if it comes to fruition.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...