Unraid on sale for Black Friday?

gx240

3 hours ago, gx240 said:

Ah, that's a shame. Has Unraid ever gone on sale at any other time, or is it just always the same price?

It's never been on sale as far as I know, although when I bought my license in 2011 the pricing was a little different with the option to buy a second reduced price key, to cover for a potential USB stick failure as online replacement keys weren't a thing back then. 

I think the general consensus from the community when it's been discussed before is that Unraid represents good value for money at it's usual price and we have understood that has meant LT don't offer Black Friday deals.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, XiuzSu said:

I would personally love to see a sale, at least just on upgrades. 

Well, yeah, everyone who wants to purchase anything would like it cheaper, but historically Unraid doesn't normally do "sales",  I think it's important to remember that LT is a small company, not a massive multinational, they got to put food on the table the same as the rest of us.

6 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Well, yeah, everyone who wants to purchase anything would like it cheaper, but historically Unraid doesn't normally do "sales",  I think it's important to remember that LT is a small company, not a massive multinational, they got to put food on the table the same as the rest of us.

I definitely partially agree with you. However, from a marketing point of view, I think it would also open the door to sales that otherwise won't happen and/or would happen but perhaps in course of a year or two. Then is a question of whether waiting that time was worth it to receive X that would of other wise been the discount offered to receive it now. IMO.

• Like 1
I definitely partially agree with you. However, from a marketing point of view, I think it would also open the door to sales that otherwise won't happen and/or would happen but perhaps in course of a year or two. Then is a question of whether waiting that time was worth it to receive X that would of other wise been the discount offered to receive it now. IMO.
Yeah, I can see that, you offer it for half price maybe you get twice as many people buying. I don't work for LT, just a happy customer, like I said, historically there haven't been BF sales, so I wouldn't hold your breath though.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Yeah, I can see that, you offer it for half price maybe you get twice as many people buying. I don't work for LT, just a happy customer, like I said, historically there haven't been BF sales, so I wouldn't hold your breath though.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Yea, same here. Extremely happy with Unraid, will be upgrading my license regardless. 

• Like 1

Have been looking for a NAS type storage for home media use. Found this. Was comparing between this and freenas and like this better. Just to be clear from some of the replies above on licensing, if I buy a license, it includes all future upgrades, correct? I’ve ran plex on a dell Poweredge server for years and was amazed at how quick the docker spun up. Have watched several spaceinvaderone YouTube videos pertaining to unraid. Thanks in advance for the help... 

• Like 1