mySQL multiple databases for XBMC using unMenu?

I'm trying to setup a mySQL server to run with XBMC.

Right now I installed the server through the unMenu packages, edited my advancedsettings.xml file in XBMC to point to the video database on the unRaid server and it seams to be working (will have to test it from a different XBMC location).

I would like to setup the music server but am unsure on how to do that since I used unMenu. I will need to edit the advancedsettings.xml file once I know where the music database is stored.

Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way? Any comments?

Take a look at my post about how I have mine set up: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=9078.0

Heres a summery.

I ran the mysql install through unmenu but it had errors. So I ran the script line by line. I found out I only needed about the first half of the script to get everything I needed installed.

Then used the lifehacker guide: http://lifehacker.com/5634515/how-to-synchronize-your-xbmc-media-center-across-every-room-in-the-house

And ran the commands there.

CREATE USER 'xbmc' IDENTIFIED BY 'xbmc';
    CREATE database xbmc_video;
    CREATE database xbmc_music;
GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'xbmc';

Then checked with:

SELECT host,user from mysql.user;
    SHOW DATABASES;

Now I run what Joe L gave me to run on start up:

Upon reboot you would need at a minimum:

cd /boot/packages

installpkg mysql-5.0.67-i486-1.tgz

cp /boot/my.cnf /etc/my.cnf

cd /usr ; echo "/usr/bin/mysqld_safe --datadir=/mnt/disk1/mysql/ --user=mysql" | at now

touch /mnt/disk1/mysql/.unmenu

This assumes the data directory was originally on disk1. 

It also assumes it is looking in /etc/my.cnf for configuration variables and you had previously saved your desired configuration in a file on the root of the flash drive (/boot/my.cnf)

Joe L.

Just got everything working on reboot now thanks to Joe L. I have only had it running for a few minutes so far, so I may run across something that doesn't work but haven't been able to find anything so far.