Setup yesterday, this morning unresponsive

Dave-M

Hello,

Yesterday I set up the server, some of it, anyway.  I hadn't got as far as adding shared folders and transferring files.  I had installed the community plugins and perl from the nerd pack.  I left it on over night, this morning it looked like it was asleep, the fans were turning very slowly, LEDs still on, but it was completely unresponsive and I had to power off and back on which forced another parity check.  Could this be to do with the S3 plugin?  I set execute function to sleep and it was running last night, but when I restarted this morning it is not running.  Is this plugin to make the server sleep when not in use?  If so, how do I make it wake up?  Or is there another way?  I would like the server to use as little power and be as quiet as possible when idle.

What info do I need to dig out to get help with this please?  Complete Unraid beginner here.  Thanks!

i3 9100f

Asus P11C-I

16GB 2666Mhz ECC

3x Ironwolf 4TB

1x Samsung 970 Pro 512GB in PCIe riser

1x Barracuda 2.5 

Edited by Dave-M

Also, setting up shares, I used identical settings for these shares and there is an exclamation mark on one of them warning me that some or all files are unprotected.  I went back in and told it to use the settings for the other share (music in this case) that was working OK, but it still says unprotected.  All the shared folders are empty at the moment.

Was going to try and delete it and start again, but there's no checkbox to delete it and it says it contains data, I hadn't put anything in there, but I did open the folder on a Mac and it looks like some Mac database files are in there.  Found a post with a way to delete from the command line, but both Krusader and the terminal from the top right of the main screen just give me a blank grey screen when opening.  Not having much luck today.

Edit: Managed to do this from command line on the server itself rather than from the web browser.  I would still like to know how to get the terminal or crusader's command line on the web browser though, please.

shares1.jpg

Edited by Dave-M
1 hour ago, gberg said:

How do you mean it's unresponsive, do you have a monitor ans keyboard connected, and can't even access the console?

Thanks, yes, keyboard/mouse, VGA monitor hooked up, monitor had no signal, keyboard and mouse did nothing, couldn't connect via the web browser.  As if it was turned off, but the LEDs were on and fans spinning very slowly.