[Support] Gaps

1 hour ago, housewrecker said:

That means Gaps doesn't have permissions to write to the folder you configured to store its data. Check the permissions of the folder you're using in app data vs other folders, it's most likely limited there. I've run into this issue on Ubuntu when I didn't set a folders permissions correctly. 

I figured it out. I had a typo in my host machine path for the container. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

This is kinda cool, fills the "gaps" (no pun intended) of collections you might have never known had related movies..

Would it be possible to add more information to the result list of movies that are missing to include what movies the match is related to -- that you already have?  For example one of my results is

#FromJennifer (2017)

The Jennifer Found Footage Collection

Never heard of this movie, nor this collection... why is it a match to my library?  After looking it up on TMDB I see the collection has 2 Jennifer (2016), which is the movie I have (never watched it).  So it would just be nice to see what existing movies the collections are related to if you're unaware of the titles.

Here's a thought too, since you have to query TMDB in the first place anyways to get the collection info, store the names of all the movies in the collection to display in the missing movies list and display them as present/missing.  Example:

Untitled.thumb.png.1124f08deaa64f2b17e4915646c7d9b8.png

Maybe just the font color could change for present/missing or something like that.

Also another thought, maybe you could group the collections together .. so again for example #FromJennifer is the first result on my list because of the alpha sorting.. then To Jennifer is missing also, way down in the T's.. maybe you could group them together by collection name so that they are displayed together.

Think of this.. I think I have one James Bond movies that I haven't watched yet.. the newest one.. so every other James Bond movie is listed as missing, if all those movies were listed under one collection that I could ignore.... amazing.

:)

Thanks for the mock up. I have been working on something like that while I have time on the side. It goes into more details like yours but includes photos. I also want to expand gaps beyond traditional collections and add support for finding all movies by an actor or director. Attached are a couple of mock ups I've done so far. Let me know what you think. 

Screenshot from 2020-07-16 09-29-58.png

Screenshot from 2020-07-16 09-32-29.png

Screenshot from 2020-07-16 09-32-43.png

Screenshot from 2020-07-16 09-33-18.png

• Like 1

Well hell, if that's what you've been working on already then that's some damn good work. 

Since it looks like you've got that going pretty good then I'd suggest possibly a method of adding movies to Radarr so that you could one-click add them to your library -- or to add any selected items to their own rss feed that can be imported, rather than an rss feed of 'all' missing items.

Nice work.

That's a good idea. I like that a lot. I was thinking of something long term in the same idea, creating a collection. Like adding actors, genres, directors. Same idea of adding completely new collections. 

I can in the short term, add other movies in the collection to the cards currently. It'll be a bit until I can roll out the mock up above. 

Sorry if this has been asked before but after recent Plex updates and feature changes I am moving away from Plex and onto Jellyfin.

Is there a way to make this work with Jellyfin or will the folder search option be added into this docker as mentioned by others in this thread?

Thanks.

Edited by MMW

13 minutes ago, Alex.b said:

Hello,

I have localized title in Plex, GAPS tells me I don't have some movies because it lists movies in english but mine are in French in Plex. Is it possible to change this setting in GAPS ?

Thank you

That's on my short list to implement. I had to make some updates to the backend code, now I'm working some frontend changes. It should be fixed soon.

20 hours ago, MMW said:

Sorry if this has been asked before but after recent Plex updates and feature changes I am moving away from Plex and onto Jellyfin.

Is there a way to make this work with Jellyfin or will the folder search option be added into this docker as mentioned by others in this thread?

Thanks.

I've never tried Jellyfin. I'd have to look into it, but it would be a bit of a longer term fix for me unless I had help. There's a few other features I want to get in. I'll put it on the list. Feel free to make an issue on my github. https://github.com/JasonHHouse/gaps/issues

• Thanks 1
On 7/16/2020 at 10:06 AM, Energen said:

Well hell, if that's what you've been working on already then that's some damn good work. 

Since it looks like you've got that going pretty good then I'd suggest possibly a method of adding movies to Radarr so that you could one-click add them to your library -- or to add any selected items to their own rss feed that can be imported, rather than an rss feed of 'all' missing items.

Nice work.

I just pushed an quick update with the movies in the collection and hyperlinks for each. That should help you for now until I get the time to finish up the redesign. 

2 hours ago, housewrecker said:

I just pushed an quick update with the movies in the collection and hyperlinks for each. That should help you for now until I get the time to finish up the redesign. 

That is awesome.  Very nice work.

At first I was like "where is it!?!" then I found that you have to re-scan for missing movies to repopulate the information. ;)

3 hours ago, housewrecker said:

I've never tried Jellyfin. I'd have to look into it, but it would be a bit of a longer term fix for me unless I had help. There's a few other features I want to get in. I'll put it on the list. Feel free to make an issue on my github. https://github.com/JasonHHouse/gaps/issues

Thanks will do and the folder search in this docker or have I just missed it, I think that would work in the meantime?

Edited by MMW
16 minutes ago, Energen said:

That is awesome.  Very nice work.

At first I was like "where is it!?!" then I found that you have to re-scan for missing movies to repopulate the information. ;)

Yeah, rescan is required. I wasn't saving that data before so I couldn't populate it automatically. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I just installed this and did a scan. Its coming back with over a few hundred movies that it thinks are missing. There are tons that I've double checked in Plex that I do have. Below are just 2 examples. Is there some secret setting I'm missing? Love the idea with this app! v0.5.3

image.thumb.png.c4f5ccc88a8c2d4f8572b4b7cdf5d8bf.pngimage.thumb.png.4c63a3f0559ab223f1d4adf7d9200ab5.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2020 at 6:56 AM, jpotrz said:

For some reason I can not get GAPS to connected to my Plex server.

Local IP is correct

Port is default

Pretty sure I'm grabbing the token properly.

Same.  Did I read that a recent Plex version broke GAPS and we're supposed to revert?  Which version should we revert to in the meantime and how to go abouty doing this for first time GAPS installs?

Edit:

Nevermind, i just needed to make sure it was strictly my ip number.  no "http://" and no ":32400" added to the end of the ip

Edited by DontWorryScro
  • 3 weeks later...

@housewrecker Thank you for GAPS. This is awesome. Do you have an official place where I can make feature requests or report bugs?

FR: I would love to be able to mark items as "do not want" [eg. there are lots of sequels that were complete flops and I don't particularly care to waste storage for them]

FR: It would be nice to be able to see that a scan is in progress. I started a search for my library and navigated away to another tab. When I went back to 'missing', it just showed me there was nothing available [and did not show a scan was already in progress]. I assumed it was still working in the background and after a few hours I saw recommendations.

Bug: I really like the links to tmdb for other movies / what I have. However, they all just point to 'https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/' and not any particular movie.

Bug: I'm getting suggestions and the "owned" item is blank [see screenshot attached]. I do have "xXx: Return of Xander Cage", which shows in "Missing", but also doesn't give me a recommendation card for.

Screenshot 2020-09-30 161130.jpg