PC Imaging Docker Recommendations

uByte

I have looked at the community applications plug-ins and am trying to find that best one for doing a complete PC Image backed up to my Unraid. I looked at UrBackup and that seems to work but I want something that is actively devolved on. What is everyone using to do a complete image of there computer?

5 minutes ago, uByte said:

I have looked at the community applications plug-ins and am trying to find that best one for doing a complete PC Image backed up to my Unraid. I looked at UrBackup and that seems to work but I want something that is actively devolved on. What is everyone using to do a complete image of there computer?

If you are looking to backup PCs to the unRAID server, you would probably be best served by some backup software on the PC side that designates an unRAID share as the backup destination.  

I personally use Acronis True Image on three PCs (two desktops and a laptop) in my LAN which all backup automatically once a week to my unRAID server.

This works for me because my server is on 24/7 and if the PCs are not on at the scheduled time, they will start a backup when they are powered on after the scheduled date/time. 

There are some free options like Macrium Reflect that may also do what you need.  

• Like 1
15 hours ago, uByte said:

@Ioannis Have you used it before? It looks more polished then UrBackup does.

I 've come across it when searching some other PXE-related stuff. I did install it to play around with it but didn't image anything (I didn't have my server built at the time).

Looked good though and based on articles/posts I read online, it seemed like a solid choice for the job. I do plan to revisit this now that I have the space to store the generated images :)

but I want something that is actively devolved on. What is everyone using to do a complete image of there computer?

I'm assuming that's a auto correct and you mean actively developed on? If so I can confirm urbackup is still being worked on, last release was only a couple of weeks ago.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk